Conquer Club

Updating explanatory tags vote

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Updating explanatory tags vote

Postby sergioms1 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Here is my suggestion:
Update the list of explanatory tags to include other choices.
Feel free to include what you would like to see included on the list.
It's a bit stale, and if nothing else...it will be refreshing and more fun to have new content.
I, also think, that the present list is weighted on the negative side.
Let's balance it out with some positive vibes.
Here are mine:

Positive
Ruthless
Fair
Rational
Conservative
Astute
Strategist
Diplomatic
Surprising
Assertive
Attentive
Cunning
Persistent
Engaging
Mercenary
Tricky
Negative
Discombobulated
Confused
Apprehensive
Reactionary
Overly-cautious

No matter what the moderators end up choosing, it would be nice to know if either they agree to update list or not.
If so ..then, let players know how many additional explanatory tags they will be adding.
That way, there can be a secondary post with players voting with that specific number in mind.
Ultimately, they can decide what to add with consideration to the input pooled from list of suggested tags.

Cheers, everyone.

SERGIOMS1
Cadet sergioms1

Re: Updating explanatory tags vote

Postby King_Herpes on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:50 pm

Yes, all of those and if we could also add 'Weekend Dad' to the list that'd be good.
Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby sergioms1 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:10 pm

or red light district dad...
but, hey seriously....we all use them.
Cadet sergioms1

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Linda Searcy needs to be there too
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby sergioms1 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:59 pm

Hey, How do I add or move this post to Suggestions?
Anyone?
Cadet sergioms1

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:26 pm

Suggestions would be more suitable but I'm not sure you'll get much support. It's general consensus on the forums that the rating system is rubbish and people have suggested new tags many times, with no result. If you add cumguzzler to the list, I'll support you.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Butters1919 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:02 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Suggestions would be more suitable but I'm not sure you'll get much support. It's general consensus on the forums that the rating system is rubbish and people have suggested new tags many times, with no result. If you add cumguzzler to the list, I'll support you.

This and the fact that no suggestions get implemented even if they have support. Sorry for the let down, but alas, it's the state of the site at the moment.
Cook Butters1919

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:29 pm

Butters1919 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Suggestions would be more suitable but I'm not sure you'll get much support. It's general consensus on the forums that the rating system is rubbish and people have suggested new tags many times, with no result. If you add cumguzzler to the list, I'll support you.

This and the fact that no suggestions get implemented even if they have support. Sorry for the let down, but alas, it's the state of the site at the moment.

Where do you think trench came from?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Butters1919 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:32 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Where do you think trench came from?

Sorry, should have said "Suggestions NO LONGER get implemented.".
Cook Butters1919

Postby IcePack on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:59 pm

Butters1919 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Where do you think trench came from?

Sorry, should have said "Suggestions NO LONGER get implemented.".

There are still updates that occur. There was a number of them recently done called... Guaranteed suggestion implementation or something?

Plus, dept heads sometimes spear head initiatives / changes

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Butters1919 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:06 pm

IcePack wrote: There was a number of them recently done called... Guaranteed suggestion implementation or something?

Oh that died a quick death.
Cook Butters1919

Postby IcePack on Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:49 pm

Butters1919 wrote:
IcePack wrote: There was a number of them recently done called... Guaranteed suggestion implementation or something?

Oh that died a quick death.

Well the features panel or whatever had a quick death, but the guaranteed implementation did have numerous suggestions implimented before trying to morph into whatever they were trying to do with the new team.

In some ways it's true, Beta pretty much died once I left for Clans and that team went nowhere. It's difficult to constantly innovate, but to say no bug fixes or anything else is in the pipeline is completely false. I understand the sentiment from a frustrated volunteer, but some of the statements just aren't factual. He might not KNOW about some of the work being done (and that's probably part of the problem, some of the communication could be improved) but to say no work is being done or fixes or new suggestions / implementations isn't accurate either.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Swifte on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:12 pm

I mean, the dude's only posted publicly twice in 2016. Of course we don't know what he's doing.
Colonel Swifte

Postby Butters1919 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Swifte wrote:I mean, the dude's only posted publicly twice in 2016. Of course we don't know what he's doing.

Agreed. A monthly post would do wonders. I know, I know, he hated the criticism and complaints that came after his announcements. He does not have to address those. Just make a monthly (or bi-weekly) announcement of what's going on behind and in front of the scenes and don't sign on to the forums until the next post. Let us rejoice/bitch/complain on our own. I dunno if that's the best idea either, but it's better than nothing. Who would have thought I'd long for the El Jefe days!
Cook Butters1919

Postby IcePack on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Swifte wrote:I mean, the dude's only posted publicly twice in 2016. Of course we don't know what he's doing.

Well, my comment was directed towards the team leader, not the general public. But yeah, same sentiment stands from my perspective. Communication can easily be improved.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Communication is basically the most important thing for Conquer Club in every single aspect. If it lacks, we suffer. It does seem there are many suggestions that garnered a lot of support and never saw fruition: new ranks comes to mind. This isn't criticism, but rather how can we address this?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:40 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Communication is basically the most important thing for Conquer Club in every single aspect. If it lacks, we suffer. It does seem there are many suggestions that garnered a lot of support and never saw fruition: new ranks comes to mind. This isn't criticism, but rather how can we address this?

I agree on communication.

What I would suggest is usually the following:

1) make sure whatever it is really does have broad support. stuff like "resign button" might have a million posts in support, but because its strongly contested etc it really doesn't have much chance (from my view point, anyway).

2) make sure the OP both explains the purpose and what exactly they want changed, and the new suggestion / update to be. Being very vague (and letting BW "decide" stuff) or having the OP suggest one thing, but the new and improved suggestion be changed and buried 50 pages into it doesn't help anyone. if it was strongly opposed in one version and a future version is heralded as a broadly supported initiative, try to get the OP updated.

3) there are still some people (tho not many) active on the suggestions / features team. if you need help with #2, i would contact them.

4) have someone consolidate the widely supported ones in some kind of post. like a "here are ones that can be implimented" thread. one thing that was good about guarenteed suggestions program, was that it identified ones that were "too difficult" or whatever to get implimented and highlighted ones that were supported and could get implimented.

5) try to be neutral / keep your personal opinion out of it. while there are things we all love and wish to see implimented, dont stick something on the list that you support, that either doesn't have much outside support or is obviously such a big update that it probably wont happen etc.

6) Try to find things that have impacts to a large community of players, or have a very specific / small update that affects one specific area of the community greatly. those are likely the biggest ones to get sent to the front of the line (unless you have something that would help keep new recruits / benefit them, because thats the main priority for awhile now).

Thats what I try to do, and manage expectaitons. Stuff is still getting updated, but there are stuff already on the agenda / in the plans so even if its "the perfect suggestion" its going to get put on the schedule to be done, not usually rushed to the front of the line and immediately implimented.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Butters1919 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:54 pm

I play two games with active forums. The other does not post active user numbers, nor is it an online game so the comparison may be rather weak. That said, what it does have, is extremely vibrant communication from the top about development, both ongoing and planned. Not all is received well. Some is received very well. Most important, there is communication. I'm convinced (even without direct evidence) that the current lack of communication from the top (looking at you Big Wham) is part of the cause of the decline. Not the start of it, nor even the largest cause, but certainly a significant part.

He backed out of posting because people complained or reacted negatively. Welcome to 2016 on the internet bud. Why buy a gaming site if you can't even handle some flames, baits and complaints from a very small (but vocal) minority?

[insert useless youtube video here]
Cook Butters1919

Postby BrutalBob on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:49 am

IcePack wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Communication is basically the most important thing for Conquer Club in every single aspect. If it lacks, we suffer. It does seem there are many suggestions that garnered a lot of support and never saw fruition: new ranks comes to mind. This isn't criticism, but rather how can we address this?

I agree on communication.

What I would suggest is usually the following:

1) make sure whatever it is really does have broad support. stuff like "resign button" might have a million posts in support, but because its strongly contested etc it really doesn't have much chance (from my view point, anyway).

2) make sure the OP both explains the purpose and what exactly they want changed, and the new suggestion / update to be. Being very vague (and letting BW "decide" stuff) or having the OP suggest one thing, but the new and improved suggestion be changed and buried 50 pages into it doesn't help anyone. if it was strongly opposed in one version and a future version is heralded as a broadly supported initiative, try to get the OP updated.

3) there are still some people (tho not many) active on the suggestions / features team. if you need help with #2, i would contact them.

4) have someone consolidate the widely supported ones in some kind of post. like a "here are ones that can be implimented" thread. one thing that was good about guarenteed suggestions program, was that it identified ones that were "too difficult" or whatever to get implimented and highlighted ones that were supported and could get implimented.

5) try to be neutral / keep your personal opinion out of it. while there are things we all love and wish to see implimented, dont stick something on the list that you support, that either doesn't have much outside support or is obviously such a big update that it probably wont happen etc.

6) Try to find things that have impacts to a large community of players, or have a very specific / small update that affects one specific area of the community greatly. those are likely the biggest ones to get sent to the front of the line (unless you have something that would help keep new recruits / benefit them, because thats the main priority for awhile now).

Thats what I try to do, and manage expectaitons. Stuff is still getting updated, but there are stuff already on the agenda / in the plans so even if its "the perfect suggestion" its going to get put on the schedule to be done, not usually rushed to the front of the line and immediately implimented.

Sorry mate, but with due respect I cannot believe you are encouraging someone to post a suggestion.
I dont even bother reading them any more because they dont go anywhere.

If someone could advise the last user suggestion that was implemented (and when if possible) I would be interested, and prepared to apologise.

Agree that bug fixes are different. The disappearing speed game bug was fixed recently. There was no notification so it took me a while to notice, but I did post a thank you in the bug report post.

A suggestion I made https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=216800&p=4781175#p4781175 may have been fixed or may not. If it has there was no notification. If it hasnt it should be. It appears only in certain conditions so I will have t wait and see.
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby King_Herpes on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:27 am

sergioms1 wrote:or red light district dad...
but, hey seriously....we all use them.

We all use them?

Sure, we should believe that like we should believe Symmetry believes in the Holocaust. It's about as much of a secret that they are so prone to bias that they can't even be taken seriously as it is that Neitzsche wants to blow Ryan Gosling. Everybody understands.

Those things are about as relevant as an Erik B and Rakim video. They're cool to click on now and again but terribly unnecessary today. They were far more helpful when you could attach a message to them allowing for a modicum of propriety.
Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby IcePack on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:59 pm

[quote="BrutalBoB]Sorry mate, but with due respect I cannot believe you are encouraging someone to post a suggestion.
I dont even bother reading them any more because they dont go anywhere.[/quote]

I don't think I said to post a suggestion?
He said there were plenty of suggestions that had good support, and how to address them.
I believe my comments mostly dealt with how to ensure the OP's were updated, make sure the OP's were overly vague or left for interpretation, find / highlight the ones that affect broad amounts of people or new recruits, etc

That wasn't me saying to create new suggestions, but how to address existing ones and ensure their best shot of implementation.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:51 pm

sergioms1 wrote:Hey, How do I add or move this post to Suggestions?
Anyone?

Moved it for you.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby sergioms1 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:55 pm

What's the latest on this.
Who is the person in charge?
I
Cadet sergioms1

Postby owenshooter on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:37 am

sergioms1 wrote:What's the latest on this.
Who is the person in charge?
I

on average, 1 to 2 suggs get implemented per year. as of now, there isn't a mod assigned to this forum, so that process is even slower. there are suggs that have been in the process of being implemented for YEARS now... so, in the scope of all things to be completed here on CC, i wouldn't count on this being implemented. good luck with the process... the black jesus has been honest...-Bj
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Return to Suggestions