Conquer Club

Random settings

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Random settings

Postby happyfeet on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:36 pm

[General/War Random Settings Button]

Concise description:
  • This would be similar to the random maps but with settings. I think for general play include all settings. And war make it to where settings can be selected to the approved war settings agreed to by both clans but allowing it to be random with the selected settings

Specifics/Details:
  • -general random settings - include all settings
    -war random settings - select war button and the the approved settings agreed on
-improves the site by sparking interest and forces a person to play/learn a setting they normally would not play.
-can be played with all maps not just random map
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • -people like random makes things exciting not knowing what settings you will be playing
    -played with random map it will test all abilities of a player(who is truly the best? Not someone who farms the same lame thing all the time!
    -creates a new medal for people to try and achieve
    -also could do a leader scoreboard on points gained off random settings/random map to see who is truly the best player on the site! (Never mind it is ME! This is not needed)
Colonel happyfeet

Re: Random settings

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:17 pm

Implement this today please.... and thank you

:D Seriously this is a good idea I'm all for it. War random settings may be pushing it but definitely the option for random settings would be phenomenal
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby owenshooter on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:45 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:Implement this today please.... and thank you

:D Seriously this is a good idea I'm all for it. War random settings may be pushing it but definitely the option for random settings would be phenomenal

i don't think casual gamers, whom the site is allegedly geared towards, are interested in getting stuck in a Manual/Freestyle/Nuke/Parachute/Fog/Zombie/Trench/Unlimited/Escalating or whatever game. i know i would never go fully random and i play more random maps than most average CC users. i don't think forcing people into a situation where the game they join for fun, could turn into a 10 month affair. clans are a very small segment of the CC community and bowing to their every whim has set the course of CC ships straight down to the depths of the ocean.

CC needs to step back from so many settings/maps, etc and get back to the casual gaming aspect of the site. a good place to start would be to change the freestyle settings back to what they were, before a full 1/3rd of the site left after the overnight change. good luck with this. i don't see BW wasting coding time on this when there is so much that needs to be done with the site... this baby needs to be stripped down, chopped, made sleek and sexy again. the über nerds have ruined the site with all of the ridiculous bells and whistles and it is time to bring sexy back.-Bj

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby happyfeet on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:29 pm

owenshooter wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:Implement this today please.... and thank you

i don't think casual gamers, whom the site is allegedly geared towards, are interested in getting stuck in a Manual/Freestyle/Nuke/Parachute/Fog/Zombie/Trench/Unlimited/Escalating or whatever game. i know i would never go fully random and i play more random maps than most average CC users. i don't think forcing people into a situation where the game they join for fun, could turn into a 10 month affair. clans are a very small segment of the CC community and bowing to their every whim has set the course of CC ships straight down to the depths of the ocean.

CC needs to step back from so many settings/maps, etc and get back to the casual gaming aspect of the site. a good place to start would be to change the freestyle settings back to what they were, before a full 1/3rd of the site left after the overnight change. good luck with this. i don't see BW wasting coding time on this when there is so much that needs to be done with the site... this baby needs to be stripped down, chopped, made sleek and sexy again. the über nerds have ruined the site with all of the ridiculous bells and whistles and it is time to bring sexy back.-Bj

First, thanks iamkoolerthanu for your support.

Second, owenshooter the thing about the site is you are not forced into playing game/settings you dont want to. If the new settings keeps a player more interested in the game for 10 more months i believe that is success! And if you want to be that lame duck that plays the classic map every day in and out that is your choice but you are not forced to play my settings or games. People will choose to because curiosity killed the cat.

Third, i left the site for several years because i found myself playing the same old games/maps. Got boring do the same old thing. Im back playing a again because of the new settings and everything you can do with them. I do again with owenshooter im not overly excited about the randomness of say a freestyle game on say hive. But its chance and it would having me on the site more often strategizing.

Owenshooter the only person who forces you to play settings you dont like is yourself. Dont join a game you dont like and instead create your own games and settings.though a lot of team games sit open cause their settings dont spark interest to other teams. Finally, i do appreciate your input but it hardly relates to my settings request. Maybe you should file your own suggestion page asking to go back to classic map only and 1 setting. Cause that will explode the site im sure.
Colonel happyfeet

Return to Suggestions