Conquer Club

Map Conqueror Medal

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Map Conqueror Medal

Postby nietzsche on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:20 pm

my bad, you're right.

that makes it a lot easier
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby rousseau72 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi XRoads- appreciate the comments and your desire to see it happen. On this, read my original post carefully but in the concise description I suggest exactly all the same points you mentioned. I call it Conqueror and Field Marshalls and you call it gold silver plat is the only difference I see.
Spread the word. I think this change is not so hard and it would encourage good game play
xroads wrote:I would suggest making it a yearly medal. At the end of the year, whoever won the most points on the map wins, min 25 games. Gold, Silver, Plat.

3 medals for each map, given at the end of the year.

Would need a scoreboard for each map to let everyone know how they ranked (been suggested before)
Colonel rousseau72

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:14 am

xroads wrote: Gold, Silver, Plat.

Do you mean bronze?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby josko.ri on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:28 am

I totally support this suggestion, would love to see it implemented. It would bring much more competitiveness on the site.
Major josko.ri

Postby EBConquer on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:06 pm

I really like this idea! I'm not a medal chaser, per se, but can see how it would be nothing but positive for the site. Good one. One of the best i've heard in years.

Edit: perhaps if a player hasn't played that map, in say 90 days, then they get booted from the rank? There would definitely need to be some sort of rules.
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Elaterate on Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:15 pm

New to this site but I like this idea. Although maybe just show who's the best on each map instead of making a competition. Would be nothing more then personal braking rights without any controversy. If you want to award medals do it for anyone that could achieve a win % of X amount with a minimum number of games played being X amount. Cheers GC.
Captain Elaterate

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:45 pm

Elaterate wrote:New to this site but I like this idea. Although maybe just show who's the best on each map instead of making a competition. Would be nothing more then personal braking rights without any controversy. If you want to award medals do it for anyone that could achieve a win % of X amount with a minimum number of games played being X amount. Cheers GC.

Welcome to CC mate. You'll find a lot of people support this suggestion purely because it's a chance to get more medals. There are several players who's #1 priority is getting as many medals as they can, so if there's talk of a new medal implementation they'll more often than not support it. I agree with your initial suggestion though.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rousseau72 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:09 pm

Yes - that is a good idea for medal balance - perhaps the best win raios/number of games played for the top 20 maps only. Or we could do it like they do the most improved (monthly for the top 10) I like this improved version. As Caffeine points out, there are people who want more medals but even a few more medals is better than nothing :)
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Elaterate wrote:New to this site but I like this idea. Although maybe just show who's the best on each map instead of making a competition. Would be nothing more then personal braking rights without any controversy. If you want to award medals do it for anyone that could achieve a win % of X amount with a minimum number of games played being X amount. Cheers GC.

Welcome to CC mate. You'll find a lot of people support this suggestion purely because it's a chance to get more medals. There are several players who's #1 priority is getting as many medals as they can, so if there's talk of a new medal implementation they'll more often than not support it. I agree with your initial suggestion though.
Colonel rousseau72

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:58 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
IcePack wrote:
xroads wrote:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:I think the actuality of this getting implemented will really come down to how the criteria structures works for this medal. We will not be getting any new medals added in the current medal system that are not issued manually. Wham said he has to overhaul the engineering of the medal structure before he will add any more medals as in their current state it's a large amount of precessing and creating a drain on performance. I have not had any indication from him that he plans to do that in the foreseeable future as I have recently tried to add a new medal.

Quote "I really really like this, but it will never ever happen"

Adding a new medal is one option, utilizing existing medals is another. Hence the whole determining / working out the details on a suggestion and criteria, in order for suggestion(s) to be considered and implimented. This is why many of the existing suggestions typically fall short / fail.

This suggestion could potentially work within the existing medal structure and those details would have to get worked out.

That's exactly my point, he's not going to make changes to the existing structure unless he overhauls the entire thing and he indicated that's not currently on the agenda. I'm adding information to the conversation so they can see how to structure their medal so it increases the likelihood of implementation.

Adding a new medal verses using an old one isn't the issue. The issues are HOW the stats are calculated and HOW the medals are issued. Nothing that is structured in the same way as any of the medals on the "Medal Stats" page will see the light of day until the entire structure is re-engineered.

I would like to echo this. It's not like it's a bad suggestion but all medal suggestions have been vetoed unless they are handed out by hand. Until we get a Zombie medal, you're not going to see any medal that needs a calculation like this.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Silly Knig-it on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:17 pm

betiko wrote:
IcePack wrote:What’s to stop someone from playing the minimum 25 and then stopping w impossibly high win %?

It would reset the next year?

How would your win rate work? Would the number of opponent be taken into consideration?
Like if you have 20% win rate in 5 player games it's like having a 50% on 1vs1?

I think this would be fun idea. It would provide a new goal for people to play for and with all the different maps, a goal that many could reach. I think most of us have 2 or 3 favorite maps.

If someone plays 25 and stops and their record for 25 games stands up to the others, then I think they deserve the medal (Award, plaque, Fuzzy Kitten). The making this an annual that sunsets is an excellent suggestion. So no one could sit on it.

I don't think it would narrow peoples play, as that is already a factor. Just look at how many maps wide many of the high rankers are. I fully respect those of you who have the rank and gold or platinum cross map but there are many who only play a few including some Conquerors, and they only get my admiration for focusing and achieving a narrow goal but not my respect for game play. Those players who have earned my respect by their ability on many maps, would be able to hold the title on several maps.

Perhaps there could be an overall trophy for the player who could hold the top spot on the most maps.
Lieutenant Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby rousseau72 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:16 pm

I have updated this to have a solution so that manual calculation would not be so bad. Remember that this is done but once a year.
Here is the change:
- The calculations could be done manually by having each player "apply" for conqueror. Applying for conqueror would use Game Finder to count how many wins the player had at the time of application. You would only get the map conqueror if you actually applied. The awards could be given out manually on an annual basis.
CatchersMitt14 wrote:
IcePack wrote:
xroads wrote:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:I think the actuality of this getting implemented will really come down to how the criteria structures works for this medal. We will not be getting any new medals added in the current medal system that are not issued manually. Wham said he has to overhaul the engineering of the medal structure before he will add any more medals as in their current state it's a large amount of precessing and creating a drain on performance. I have not had any indication from him that he plans to do that in the foreseeable future as I have recently tried to add a new medal.

Quote "I really really like this, but it will never ever happen"

Adding a new medal is one option, utilizing existing medals is another. Hence the whole determining / working out the details on a suggestion and criteria, in order for suggestion(s) to be considered and implimented. This is why many of the existing suggestions typically fall short / fail.

This suggestion could potentially work within the existing medal structure and those details would have to get worked out.

That's exactly my point, he's not going to make changes to the existing structure unless he overhauls the entire thing and he indicated that's not currently on the agenda. I'm adding information to the conversation so they can see how to structure their medal so it increases the likelihood of implementation.

Adding a new medal verses using an old one isn't the issue. The issues are HOW the stats are calculated and HOW the medals are issued. Nothing that is structured in the same way as any of the medals on the "Medal Stats" page will see the light of day until the entire structure is re-engineered.
Colonel rousseau72

Previous

Return to Suggestions