Conquer Club

here's a suggestion: stop trying to do clever things w dice

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

here's a suggestion: stop trying to do clever things w dice

Postby Kalasin on Sun May 20, 2018 7:44 pm

what the title said

yeah yeah I know the dice are "random" but giving an advantage to newer players (meaning a higher ranking player can send 30 troops at 3 and it's still not a given he'll win) and having a system where your luck evens out (meaning if you have good dice for a while you can face six games in a row of utterly shit dice) is retarded and has made me decide not to continue with cc once my membership runs out
Lieutenant Kalasin

Re: here's a suggestion: stop trying to do clever things w d

Postby mrswdk on Mon May 21, 2018 4:56 am

Suggestion: fix the dice

Specifics: if you fix the dice they'll be ebtter

How this will benefit the site: mo members, big money, duh!
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DBandit70 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:21 am

There is no question that the dice are fair and completely random. Billions of roll statistics prove that out. And there has to be some luck factor in the game which makes each game unique, otherwise it turns into a glorified tic tac toe where the outcome is determined before an action is performed. Then it comes down to the luck of the drop. This is not poker where if you get a bad hand you can dump it without much damage; here, if you get a bad drop you have to play it. Playing certain maps where each player starts with a castle and 3 troops eliminates this factor.

This is a game of luck with small built in advantages that each player learns to utilize to their own advantage. Good players can overcome a bad drop and poor players can squander it. Regardless the dice play the most important role in any game. I have brought this up before and will use this opportunity to bring it up again. The dice statistically prove fair in the long term in the very basic sense, but how you get there is what I question. The seemingly fair dice are behaving in a completely unnatural way. I can not list how many times I have seen the miraculous. I have seen 80 lose to 20. I have seen 4 take out 24. Now granted this event can happen, the probability of it happening every 20 games is just not reality and that is what I, and so many others see happening. It is this single issue that is so frustrating and is a complete turn off. THE DICE ARE ACTING IN AN UNNATURAL MANNER, and this is hidden from view, yet the effects are noticed by virtually every player I have discussed this with. This needs to be addressed now!!! Conquer Club is such a great site, one my favorites, but this issue is absolutely killing people's desire to play and making people leave. This site needs people. The more the better. To me, this is an URGENT matter!!! Hope those who can fix this issue, or make a change are listening.
Lieutenant DBandit70

Postby Silly Knig-it on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:32 am

DBandit70 wrote:There is no question that the dice are fair and completely random. Billions of roll statistics prove that out. And there has to be some luck factor in the game which makes each game unique, otherwise it turns into a glorified tic tac toe where the outcome is determined before an action is performed. Then it comes down to the luck of the drop. This is not poker where if you get a bad hand you can dump it without much damage; here, if you get a bad drop you have to play it. Playing certain maps where each player starts with a castle and 3 troops eliminates this factor.

This is a game of luck with small built in advantages that each player learns to utilize to their own advantage. Good players can overcome a bad drop and poor players can squander it. Regardless the dice play the most important role in any game. I have brought this up before and will use this opportunity to bring it up again. The dice statistically prove fair in the long term in the very basic sense, but how you get there is what I question. The seemingly fair dice are behaving in a completely unnatural way. I can not list how many times I have seen the miraculous. I have seen 80 lose to 20. I have seen 4 take out 24. Now granted this event can happen, the probability of it happening every 20 games is just not reality and that is what I, and so many others see happening. It is this single issue that is so frustrating and is a complete turn off. THE DICE ARE ACTING IN AN UNNATURAL MANNER, and this is hidden from view, yet the effects are noticed by virtually every player I have discussed this with. This needs to be addressed now!!! Conquer Club is such a great site, one my favorites, but this issue is absolutely killing people's desire to play and making people leave. This site needs people. The more the better. To me, this is an URGENT matter!!! Hope those who can fix this issue, or make a change are listening.

I love playing on this site but this very non random effect has recently pissed me off enough that I actually opened an account on another site. I was that angry and upset. In the last 20 games I played, (last days worth), I experienced these, "I have seen the miraculous", 4 times. 4 out of 20 plays. 4 out of 20 turns. That destroys the fun. 10-3, should not lose on any regular basis, and yet I can no longer have any confidence it will win. The statistical odds say that I should be able to count on it. The outlier, where it loses can occur but not with any frequency.

FIX THIS
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Return to Suggestions