Conquer Club

Fog Of War Conquering

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Fog Of War Conquering

Postby TaylorRogers on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Hello all, I am new. There may be paradigms I'm unaware of but here is my misunderstanding and suggestion along with it.

In Fog of War Games when you conquer a territory it goes something like this --- "Random4423423 assaulted ? from ? and conquered it from TaylorRogers"

If my own territory gets conquered why is my own territory masked from myself in the log? My suggestion is to lift up the question from MY territory. I know the log isn't the same for all players because when I do deployments their locations are not masked, but my opponent's deployment locations are masked.

I.e. And even the location from where it gets assaulted from doesn't have to be masked because in Fog of War games the border locations are not masked. Either way that's (their territory) not too big of a deal... but with your own territory when your playing Polymorph games or playing on a large map I think it would help a little bit more that way we're not struggling to remember all our locations in the beginning of the game, isn't that what the log is for? I think if I was a general and my land got conquered there would be no higher power that's going to erase from my notebook the name of that far away city....
Cook TaylorRogers

Re: Fog Of War Conquering

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:53 am

This suggestion makes sense to me. If your troops are on the territory, they will know who is attacking them and from where. I endorse it.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Donelladan on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:09 am

99% sure it has already been suggested.
if someone has time to look for the previous topic.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby BabySasuke on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 pm

like the idea, i think it could fall under an auto snapshot could be taken when your opponent starts each turn and one when they end, yes you would have alot of snaps to review, but only sometimes would you need them anyways

i like your idea tho, ive thought of it like that before, but you articulated it well
Major BabySasuke

Postby TheMissionary on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:12 pm

MyNameIsJack wrote:like the idea, i think it could fall under an auto snapshot could be taken when your opponent starts each turn and one when they end, yes you would have alot of snaps to review, but only sometimes would you need them anyways

i like your idea tho, ive thought of it like that before, but you articulated it well

That would defeat the purpose of fog. Screenshot before and after your turn and you can see every step of the game.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby BabySasuke on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:44 pm

TheMissionary wrote:
MyNameIsJack wrote:like the idea, i think it could fall under an auto snapshot could be taken when your opponent starts each turn and one when they end, yes you would have alot of snaps to review, but only sometimes would you need them anyways

That would defeat the purpose of fog. Screenshot before and after your turn and you can see every step of the game.

it would take away maybe from fog trench, but not straight fog games
Major BabySasuke

Postby TheMissionary on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:32 pm

MyNameIsJack wrote:
TheMissionary wrote:

it would take away maybe from fog trench, but not straight fog games

Fog is designed to make you pay closer attention to the game. If the log isn’t hidden, you might as well be playing without fog. It would then show everything you can’t see.

Also, you can already set to auto snap before their turn every round, if you want the one after their turn, just take one before you start your turn.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby Lord_Bremen on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:08 pm

This is a good suggestion.

It's absurd to suggest that something silly like manually taking screenshots should give an advantage in-game.
Colonel Lord_Bremen

Postby BabySasuke on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Lord_Bremen wrote:This is a good suggestion.

It's absurd to suggest that something silly like manually taking screenshots should give an advantage in-game.

thats what i kinda thought, but whatever i get it, people at those 7-5's are just more SOL lol
Major BabySasuke

Return to Suggestions