Conquer Club

Original Risk Board Game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Original Risk Board Game

Postby Megadeth666 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Not sure if this has been suggested or talked about, but would like your opinion

In The Original Risk Board Game, I believe there was a Wild Card in the Draw Pile. Just Wondering Why there was never a Wild Card in this format..and Should there be?
Private 1st Class Megadeth666

Re: Original Risk Board Game

Postby riskllama on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:38 pm

a neat idea, i wouldn't mind seeing this implemented at all but, y'know... :?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby DBandit70 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:07 pm

that would be pretty neat to have a wildcard or to have to choice to have a wildcard
Captain DBandit70

Postby betiko on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:29 am

The wild card was basically whatever type of army card that suited you better right?
So let's say... you get a gold spoil, which turns in whatever colour suits you best for a trade. Sounds quite right.
Major betiko

Postby Lord Arioch on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:30 am

In my first version of risk, only 4 could play... and 2 jokers exited in the deck thats one old (and much beer spilled) board game :)
i like it!
Captain Lord Arioch

Postby tkr4lf on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:07 am

Seems like it would only be useful in flat rate. I can't see it helping much in escalating. How would it work in nuclear or zombie? Do you get to just pick whichever terit you want to nuke or zombify? That would be both really cool and really unfair.
Major tkr4lf

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:18 pm

Yeah this is a thread that emerged from a thread that some of our original players discussed. I really don't see how it would work for players who don't or didn't play the game.

In the original, cards either showed a cannon, a cavalier, or a trooper, along with a territory. The wilds were all three symbols, but no territory.

Three of the same, three different. That won you a bonus if you traded them in.

It would certainly cause a lot of annoyance if we introduce wildcards, and really screw up the site in terms of how cards are formatted and displayed.

That said, I think the site already covers that random aspect of the game, and doesn't need another one.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Mathematically, wild cards ruin flat rate even more than it already is ruined, since it makes the chance for getting a "1 of each" set even higher. The chance of getting a "1 of each set" is already too high (it's higher than getting any other set) so I disapprove.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby TheMissionary on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:41 pm

This could be both useful and frustrating. Here is how I would see it being useful for each type of card scenario:

Escalating: could help with a quick cash to run the board, or keep you alive.

Flat rate: I’ve played a lot of flat rate where my opponent got 10 sets first 3 cashes of the game, a wild could help balance these sets and their distribution.

Zombie/Nuclear: could be used as a savior card, like when you know you have to cash, but you control a territory that has no choice to be used. It would serve as a neutral card, with no reflection to the game board.

The benefit to the opposing player, is there would be no added troops for holding that card.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Return to Suggestions