Conquer Club

Account sitters lose points for games they play in

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Account sitters lose points for games they play in

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:35 am

Account sitters should lose points if they play a game, and lose

Just seems fair, right?

You contract to enter a game with certain players, under approved aliases, and suddenly you're playing against someone else? Because the person you were playing against would have missed a turn? Two turns? Deadbeated? Suddenly a new player, who you never agreed to play with, takes over? You're now facing someone a completely different opponent. One that you never agreed to play against. Different skill level, different experience on the map... etc.

Fairness- if you play, you're in a game, you should share the risk

I get it- some people start games that they know they can't finish. Others just have life catch up on them, and want a solution. I don't agree with the idea of having other people suddenly step in, but then again I also play Poker, and much as I'd love it if that was ok, I can't sub in a pro whenever I want.

So here's my suggestion- if you play in the game via sitting, then you share the losses if you lose. You used your account to play turns here.

If you're concerned about sharing wins- start your own thread, but you already agreed with me.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Account sitters lose points for games they play in

Postby HitRed on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:52 am

:-s

HitRed
Captain HitRed

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:32 am

HitRed wrote::-s

HitRed

Just an idea.

I mean, if you contracted a fight with Boxer A, and then found out that Boxer B was Mike Tyson, and he's gonna be your opponent for a few rounds instead?

You know that you'd call BS too.
Last edited by Symmetry on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby betiko on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:32 am

Just when I thought symmetry was actually a decent bloke I enjoyed reading for the past couple of month after my little tantrum against him and our explanations. I even thought he was bullied too much.

Symmetry... a sitter doesn't have the whole history of the game, he doesn t care that much to play the turn as best as possible as he would on his own games, and he is probably sitting for a week at best. Not sure how winning because the other player misses 3 turns make it more fair in your eyes.

Ok i wasn't here, really shouldn't discuss those things with symmetry or he'll get deeply under my skin again.
Major betiko

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:07 am

betiko wrote:Just when I thought symmetry was actually a decent bloke..

It's largely a question of responsibility. If you play in a game you should accept the loss in the game.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby HitRed on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:22 am

To sit an account I have to log into it. So, the computer will never know it was HitRed it will just know ****** is taking his turn. Clearly the sitter would post in the game chat.
Last edited by HitRed on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain HitRed

Postby Donelladan on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:48 am

If you're concerned about sharing wins- start your own thread, but you already agreed with me.

So you want that sitters lose points, but don't win them ? Is that right ?
Colonel Donelladan

Postby benga on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Let me just sit 10 accounts and lose games and then win my own 50 in the row.
Sergeant benga

Postby BabySasuke on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:10 pm

this makes absolutely zero sense, if a play goes on vacation for a week, or something drastic happens in there life you just want to lose instead of having a sitter? say they only play 3 turns while you are gone, why should they burden a loss, also what about games that you thought would be over first but have gone on for months, you think a sitter should pay for that? or the player should just miss the 3 turns

actually you wouldnt understand a game that lasted a while, as you dont even play? mate, this makes as much sense as you do.
Major BabySasuke

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:50 am

MyNameIsJack wrote:this makes absolutely zero sense, if a play goes on vacation for a week, or something drastic happens in there life you just want to lose instead of having a sitter? say they only play 3 turns while you are gone, why should they burden a loss, also what about games that you thought would be over first but have gone on for months, you think a sitter should pay for that? or the player should just miss the 3 turns

actually you wouldnt understand a game that lasted a while, as you dont even play? mate, this makes as much sense as you do.

What makes zero sense? Life is hard, and you prioritise things. If you book a vacation, maybe don't start a long game. If something serious happens in your life, a few games on the internet are unlikely to be a big problem.

Now, let's get back to the real suggestion.

Sitters who play should also lose points.

CC Rules:

Score
Conquer Club members are initially given a score of 1000. At the end of each game, the winner takes points away from each loser. The points to be awarded is calculated as (loser's score / winner's score) * 20, up to a maximum of 100 points from each opponent.

https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=instructions4

This seems clear- "each opponent". If a sitter is playing against someone in a game, then they are an opponent, right?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby betiko on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:32 am

Shut up troll. Let's lock this shit.
Symmetry stop trying to make up silly rules for a game you don't play.
Major betiko

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:43 am

Let's try to stay on topic. The rules and instructions are from CC.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby betiko on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:03 am

Symmetry wrote:Let's try to stay on topic. The rules and instructions are from CC.

How is that not on topic? Your suggestion is absolutely stupid, would make things way more unfair and is not aplicable.
Major betiko

Postby BabySasuke on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:11 am

Not sure if trolling, or just really thick
Major BabySasuke

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:20 am

Symmetry wrote:Sitters who play should also lose points.

CC Rules:

Score
Conquer Club members are initially given a score of 1000. At the end of each game, the winner takes points away from each loser. The points to be awarded is calculated as (loser's score / winner's score) * 20, up to a maximum of 100 points from each opponent.

https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=instructions4

This seems clear- "each opponent". If a sitter is playing against someone in a game, then they are an opponent, right?

Right?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Donelladan on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:23 am

MyNameIsJack wrote:Not sure if trolling, or just really thick

Trolling. He is a known CC-troll.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:40 am

Let's stay on topic, and if you don't like my posts, let other members know which points you disagree with, rather than name calling.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby HitRed on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:55 am

I have been an account sitter many times. Up to 60 games were ready at one time! It's fun to help a neighbor and it's a lot of work. You have to assess SO MUCH. Team game or not, trench or not, reading the game chat even 30 turns back to see if there are agreements or agreements between other players or teams. Punishing the nice neighbor would end it for me. I would always play clan games though.

I'm tired of this discussion. Seems Ivory Tower to me.

HitRed
Captain HitRed

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:06 am

HitRed wrote:I have been an account sitter many times. Up to 60 games were ready at one time! It's fun to help a neighbor and it's a lot of work. You have to assess SO MUCH. Team game or not, trench or not, reading the game chat even 30 turns back to see if there are agreements or agreements between other players or teams. Punishing the nice neighbor would end it for me. I would always play clan games though.

I'm tired of this discussion. Seems Ivory Tower to me.

HitRed

Could you name the games that you played in?

For what it's worth, this isn't about punishment. Just a shared responsibility.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby djelebert on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:47 am

Did we time travel to be on 1st April fool's day?

Symmetry wrote:Life is hard, and you prioritise things
. Can you apply what you're preaching?

As playing at CC is obviously not one of your priority, why are you suggesting such thing? Don't tell me it's question of concern for other players, please.

This suggestion topic is not the best of yours...
But at least it makes me laugh!

Please, you should stay on subject you can talk about... playing CC games and sitting are definitively not your thing... You can suggest of course, but I'm convinced that the aiming wasn't for the wellbeing of all players, and pathetically neither yours...
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:43 am

Ok, I get that you're annoyed with me. PM me about the issues.

Post in thread if you object to the suggestion itself.

I think that's a fair way to go about this. We cool?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:27 pm

truly, a retarded idea.

:roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby HitRed on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:53 pm

To paraphrase another player...Llama wins the thread!
Captain HitRed

Next

Return to Suggestions