Conquer Club

Freeze Premium Status

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Freeze Premium Status

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:10 am

Concise description:
  • Once someone has been inactive on the site for the 30 day window, freeze their premium.

Specifics/Details:
  • After 30 days of inactivity, remove the premium status of a player. If they come back, they can turn their premium back on and continue to use the end of their subscription however if they do not return the system will treat them as a freemium player.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • They will have a 4 game max as a freemium player which will eliminate the majority (but not all) of DB incidents from auto-tournaments. They will instead be eliminated from the round as opposed to joining a game and DB'ing.
  • Will make it significantly more difficult to point dump by using the auto-tournament system.
  • Remove many of the frustrations of the other players in the auto-tournaments who are impacted negatively from inactive players in auto-tournaments. For example, I'm in an auto-tournament assassin game with three cooks DB'ing from the game. This increases the length of the game as it takes nine days for those three just to DB. Also, up to three of us do not even know who are targets are until round 4.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Re: Freeze Premium Status

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:34 am

This discussion can only be had in conjunction with the actual deadbeating in autotournaments discussion: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=226673
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:41 am

Metsfanmax wrote:This discussion can only be had in conjunction with the actual deadbeating in autotournaments discussion: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=226673

It's the same issue, a huge issue imo. However this offers a solution instead of just a list of complaints about the system.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Keefie on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:58 am

Excellent idea Mitties =D> =D>
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby TX AG 90 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Nice Solutions
Private TX AG 90

Postby Mad777 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:25 pm

I would love that, and it should be added to this one...no the same suggestion but it goes along with...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=197394
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:41 pm

I see the merit of the idea but it only fixes half the problem. I know you're aware of that, I'd just much rather fix the entire issue rather than let it be half done. However if that isn't possible then I would obviously support this suggestion.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:50 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I see the merit of the idea but it only fixes half the problem. I know you're aware of that, I'd just much rather fix the entire issue rather than let it be half done. However if that isn't possible then I would obviously support this suggestion.

Agreed, this is more of a band aid on the real issue, but I don’t see completely removing a player from an auto tournament happening anytime soon, really ever as long as bW is the owner.If we’re stuck with them staying, we can at least significantly improve the situation.

Idk if it’s possible, but an even better solution would be to see a new level of membership, maybe the MIA level, where If you haven’t logged in for 30 days you have a zero game max. This way they aren’t even getting their four games until they log in and show they’re active again.
Last edited by CatchersMitt14 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Mad777 wrote:I would love that, and it should be added to this one...no the same suggestion but it goes along with...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=197394

Agreed, this would fix the issue on CC as a whole, it’s not exclusive to auto tournaments. The auto tournaments is just the major component this effects.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Keefie on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:26 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:Idk if it’s possible, but an even better solution would be to see a new level of membership, maybe the MIA level, where If you haven’t logged in for 30 days you have a zero game max. This way they aren’t even getting their four games until they log in and show they’re active again.

I would think that would be even easier to introduce.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:29 pm

great idea
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby Symmetry on Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:37 am

CatchersMitt14 wrote:Concise description:
  • Once someone has been inactive on the site for the 30 day window, freeze their premium.

Specifics/Details:
  • After 30 days of inactivity, remove the premium status of a player. If they come back, they can turn their premium back on and continue to use the end of their subscription however if they do not return the system will treat them as a freemium player.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • They will have a 4 game max as a freemium player which will eliminate the majority (but not all) of DB incidents from auto-tournaments. They will instead be eliminated from the round as opposed to joining a game and DB'ing.
  • Will make it significantly more difficult to point dump by using the auto-tournament system.
  • Remove many of the frustrations of the other players in the auto-tournaments who are impacted negatively from inactive players in auto-tournaments. For example, I'm in an auto-tournament assassin game with three cooks DB'ing from the game. This increases the length of the game as it takes nine days for those three just to DB. Also, up to three of us do not even know who are targets are until round 4.

Interesting, but there would be a couple of points that the site would find difficult to get around:

1) It's not really what people pay for. Contract law can be funny like that. It'd be interesting to see lawyers on the site weigh in, but "freezing" contacts tends to be messy. To put it simply, say player A bought premium 4 years ago, and then left after a few days, would they be able to re-assume their premium now? Complicated, right?

2) The way you phrase the suggestion makes it sound less like a help for CC, and more like a suggestion that will aid established players (like your good self) earn points from new players faster.

I'm not opposed to your ideas, but I don't know if they could be implemented...
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:28 am

Symmetry wrote:Interesting, but there would be a couple of points that the site would find difficult to get around:

1) It's not really what people pay for. Contract law can be funny like that. It'd be interesting to see lawyers on the site weigh in, but "freezing" contacts tends to be messy. To put it simply, say player A bought premium 4 years ago, and then left after a few days, would they be able to re-assume their premium now? Complicated, right?

2) The way you phrase the suggestion makes it sound less like a help for CC, and more like a suggestion that will aid established players (like your good self) earn points from new players faster.

1. I know essentially nothing about contract law so I cannot have a legal discussion, only a logical one. Acknowledging that those two things are sometimes mutually exclusive. If someone bought premium four years ago it’d be three years expired. Don’t see how that is even an issue. Not complicated at all. Let the real lawyers figure it out, which includes neither of us in that category.

2. If you understood anything about this topic you’d understand I’m actually suggesting the exact opposite. No points would be exchanged, hence how this helps prevent point dumping.

Bottom line, quit trolling this theead.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Symmetry on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:46 am

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Interesting, but there would be a couple of points that the site would find difficult to get around:

1. I know essentially nothing about contract law so I cannot have a legal discussion, only a logical one. Acknowledging that those two things are sometimes mutually exclusive. If someone bought premium four years ago it’d be three years expired. Don’t see how that is even an issue. Not complicated at all. Let the real lawyers figure it out, which includes neither of us in that category.

2. If you understood anything about this topic you’d understand I’m actually suggesting the exact opposite. No points would be exchanged, hence how this helps prevent point dumping.

Bottom line, quit trolling this theead.

I'm not trolling the theead*

1) I don't really understand what you mean by a freeze now. Do you mean that an account would just not count at all during the period it was paid for? Or that the premium period would be frozen and then unfrozen? I don't think you've thought this through, apart from...

2) ... the ways in which it would directly help you in games.

So how about this- we just discuss this civilly?

*thread
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Mad777 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:59 am

Sym, put your head together...the point here is to have Premium freezing (countdown for remaining Premium days to stop until player start a new game....)

I guess you may now understand the way this suggestion is going, do you?
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:02 am

Stop engaging with the troll.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:30 am

Symmetry wrote:1) I don't really understand what you mean by a freeze now. Do you mean that an account would just not count at all during the period it was paid for? Or that the premium period would be frozen and then unfrozen? I don't think you've thought this through, apart from...

Actually, it's been completely thought through and explained above, try reading the OP again.

Symmetry wrote:2) ... the ways in which it would directly help you in games.

All I get here is you're calling me selfish, which just further demonstrates you have no understanding of this topic of discussion.

Symmetry wrote:So how about this- we just discuss this civilly?

This interaction has to this point been completely civil. I'll have an actual conversation with you on the topic once you've demonstrated comprehension of the problem and not just proposed issues to the suggestion based on pure conjecture from you with the sole purpose of picking a fight due to your lack of knowledge on the topic.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Symmetry on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:53 am

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:1) I don't really understand what you mean by a freeze now. Do you mean that an account would just not count at all during the period it was paid for? Or that the premium period would be frozen and then unfrozen? I don't think you've thought this through, apart from...

Actually, it's been completely thought through and explained above, try reading the OP again.

Symmetry wrote:2) ... the ways in which it would directly help you in games.

All I get here is you're calling me selfish, which just further demonstrates you have no understanding of this topic of discussion.

Symmetry wrote:So how about this- we just discuss this civilly?

This interaction has to this point been completely civil. I'll have an actual conversation with you on the topic once you've demonstrated comprehension of the problem and not just proposed issues to the suggestion based on pure conjecture from you with the sole purpose of picking a fight due to your lack of knowledge on the topic.

Has it been civil? You did accuse me of a lot of things here.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:02 am

Anyways, back to the suggestion, I just don't see how it can be reasonably implemented.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:12 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Stop engaging with the troll.

perhaps we should make a contest of it - whoever engages w/him first gets their premium status frozen... :lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby ZaBeast on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:22 pm

This has already been done for DJENRE after the situation has been brought up to KA's (I think) attention. Completely approve of a site-wide fix. Makes it look like the premium was cancelled and not frozen though.

Players dropped: DJENRE (You cannot play any new games because your account is inactive - please upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this limitation.)

You can see it in this tournament for instance
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:28 pm

ZaBeast wrote:This has already been done for DJENRE after the situation has been brought up to KA's (I think) attention. Completely approve of a site-wide fix. Makes it look like the premium was cancelled and not frozen though.

Players dropped: DJENRE (You cannot play any new games because your account is inactive - please upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this limitation.)

You can see it in this tournament for instance

DJENRE was guested. Idk why. Guesting people for inactivity is not what I’m suggesting as that typically means they’re serving a sentence for some discretion and has a negative connotation but am going for the same effect as guesting. That is exactly the effect we want to see across the board for inactives.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby riskllama on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:18 am

DJERNE guested? he is nice man.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Mad777 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:37 am

I believe his Premium simply expired, not sure where the "guested" came from...fake news?
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:40 am

Mad777 wrote:I believe his Premium simply expired, not sure where the "guested" came from...fake news?

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=352182

Click the drop down “Groups”, he’s clearly guested.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Next

Return to Suggestions