Conquer Club

Speeders should have a specific start time

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Speeders should have a specific start time

Postby rousseau72 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:29 pm

Concise description:
The biggest drawback to speeder games (especially multiplayer speeders) is that I don't know when it will actually start. In the CC Olympics, I refuse to play speeders because it could start in the middle of my night. The suggestion is that speeders should be allowed to have a designated start time (starting player chooses their time)- that way you can plan on a specific start time at least.

Specifics/Details:
1. When you start a speeder, there will be a question to ask you what time you would like to start the game. This will be converted as well to your time zone (based on your country of your IP address) When you look at the speeder game - it will clearly state the start time (in your local time as well)
2. If no one has joined the game by that time or if there are not enough players, the game will simply expire.
3. If your country has multiple time zones (like the US), then you will be asked the specific time zone you are in.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
1. Speeders will now be more popular since the biggest issue is finding others that are willing to play.
2. Speeders will encourage more free players to join the premium ranks.
3. Speeder tournaments will be easier to organize.
Last edited by rousseau72 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colonel rousseau72

Re: Speeders should have a specific start time

Postby Donelladan on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:43 pm

You know you can drop the speed game when you log off rigt ?
I dont understand the problem.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby xroads on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:57 am

I really like that idea. You could actually have speeder tournaments then.

Now if they would only fix the server issue so you could play speeder games without fear of the site going down.
Major xroads

Postby Mad777 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:21 am

I have the intent to create a recurrent speed auto tournament, at that time BW told me he could easily setup a start time for each round, this won’t remove the issue with player coming from different time zone but it can be work out from players seeing who is registered and watch for the country in the wall, this may force a player from Europe to not join a tournament that has a majority of player from North America for instance but if a time is setup up front and when the tournament open then player will have to read the tournament description before register.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby rousseau72 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:33 am

The problem is that I dont know when the game will start. So, I have to wait around and stay close to the PC. I can waste a lot of time that way and its the biggest issue of why I dont play. Sure, if I log off then I dont play but whats the point. If there were a specific start time - then the other person also can plan on it. Its a LOT more likely to fill.
not too likely ill have a game this very instant. A LOT more likely if I can schedule the game to play at a specific time over 24 hours.

Donelladan wrote:You know you can drop the speed game when you log off rigt ?
I dont understand the problem.
Colonel rousseau72

Postby rousseau72 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:35 am

Agreed with you that people are much more likely to join a speeder event close to their local time. I think thats a good thing. I think if this is easy to do then they should expose that code to the general player community as well.

Mad777 wrote:I have the intent to create a recurrent speed auto tournament, at that time BW told me he could easily setup a start time for each round, this won’t remove the issue with player coming from different time zone but it can be work out from players seeing who is registered and watch for the country in the wall, this may force a player from Europe to not join a tournament that has a majority of player from North America for instance but if a time is setup up front and when the tournament open then player will have to read the tournament description before register.
Colonel rousseau72

Postby Mad777 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:41 am

rousseau72 wrote:Agreed with you that people are much more likely to join a speeder event close to their local time. I think thats a good thing. I think if this is easy to do then they should expose that code to the general player community as well.

Mad777 wrote:I have the intent to create a recurrent speed auto tournament, at that time BW told me he could easily setup a start time for each round, this won’t remove the issue with player coming from different time zone but it can be work out from players seeing who is registered and watch for the country in the wall, this may force a player from Europe to not join a tournament that has a majority of player from North America for instance but if a time is setup up front and when the tournament open then player will have to read the tournament description before register.

There is nothing to expose, it is something only admin can setup upon auto tournament is created (I'm not talking about casual game & tournament). If a such auto tournament is being setup then I will have a start time listed into the description allowing enough days for player to be prepare - BUT this won't resolve the last minute real life issue a member may have and de-register (as long as tournament hasn't start), if tournament started then Round 2 start time to be communicate in advance and again allow player to be prepare but could tend to a deadbeat if player can't free up himself.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby rousseau72 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:24 pm

Yes, there are two purposes to this suggestion. One is for tournament creators. The other is for everyday people to create their own speeders.
So if its to be used for everyday players - then the User Interface in game start will need to be updated. Perhaps just a field that says CC time start time to begin with..

Mad777 wrote:
rousseau72 wrote:Agreed with you that people are much more likely to join a speeder event close to their local time. I think thats a good thing. I think if this is easy to do then they should expose that code to the general player community as well.

There is nothing to expose, it is something only admin can setup upon auto tournament is created (I'm not talking about casual game & tournament). If a such auto tournament is being setup then I will have a start time listed into the description allowing enough days for player to be prepare - BUT this won't resolve the last minute real life issue a member may have and de-register (as long as tournament hasn't start), if tournament started then Round 2 start time to be communicate in advance and again allow player to be prepare but could tend to a deadbeat if player can't free up himself.
Colonel rousseau72

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:55 am

I like this suggestion. You could log on at 10am to take your turns in the morning, see a speed tournament scheduled for later on at 7pm after work, so you sign up knowing exactly when the tournament will start. I think this could also encourage more people to participate.

While we're at it, can we fix the game start notifications?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rousseau72 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Not sure what the game start notification issue is - maybe you can state that since it works for me.
I just realized in reading this though, that this coudl also work for freestyle games as well.
iAmCaffeine wrote:I like this suggestion. You could log on at 10am to take your turns in the morning, see a speed tournament scheduled for later on at 7pm after work, so you sign up knowing exactly when the tournament will start. I think this could also encourage more people to participate.

While we're at it, can we fix the game start notifications?
Colonel rousseau72

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Freestyle games have a delay at the start of them determined by the round length. It's one of the things that killed the setting.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rousseau72 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:29 pm

Just to be clear - I didnt say a computed delay time - I am suggesting that the game creator could pick their own favorite time.
Also, what is the "game start notification issue" you talked about?
iAmCaffeine wrote:Freestyle games have a delay at the start of them determined by the round length. It's one of the things that killed the setting.
Colonel rousseau72

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:55 am

I know, but it’s less necessary on freestyle games because of the delay. I was supporting the suggestion but for tournaments.

The waiting games page doesn’t always update when a speed game starts.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Return to Suggestions