Conquer Club

Xmas Break

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Xmas Break

Postby Vid_FISO on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:16 pm

For 24 hour games in play going into Xmas, after moves played/ timed out on 22nd December the date for the next required move to be the same time but on 27th December.

This allows those with family commitments over Xmas not to deadbeat or require sitters (who may or may not have commitments of their own).

Nothing to stop moves still being played with those able to access the site as normal, with the next move remaining due at the same time but on the 27th December.

A side thought would be the possibility of any game to be able to request a time extension if all players involved agreed (probably more relevant to 1v1/ poly), but would assume the yearly set dates would be far easier to code and make sense to most players.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Re: Xmas Break

Postby Keefie on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:19 pm

Vid_Fiso's #1 role model

Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:37 pm

The problem is that actually Christmas is one of the busiest times on the site and there are tons of games since people have time off work.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Vid_FISO on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:03 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:The problem is that actually Christmas is one of the busiest times on the site and there are tons of games since people have time off work.

Suggestion does not prevent anyone playing their move 5 seconds after it's their turn, but gives more flexibility for those with commitments.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Donelladan on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:43 pm

Totally support it.
At least from 24th till 26th.
Always difficult to play then.
Just increasing to 48h instead of 24h would already be quite helpful.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Mad777 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Good thought for sure, however keep in mind this could open an undefinite box as far other countries having big Holidays time but on different dates and for other occasion. I'm sure some will come and say about doing it during New Year (various new year dates throughout the world), Thanksgiving is a big family time in US almost as big as Christmas if not bigger.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:48 pm

Donelladan wrote:Totally support it.
At least from 24th till 26th.
Always difficult to play then.
Just increasing to 48h instead of 24h would already be quite helpful.

I think the Don hit it pretty nice with ^^one!? =D> 8-) =D>
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby IcePack on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:21 pm

This has been suggested before and discussed. I think a lot of the same stuff applies here

viewtopic.php?f=471&t=132509

Can probably be merged.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby riskllama on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:52 pm

terrible idea - if you implement it for xmas, pretty soon you'll have to do it for ramadan & yom kippur. might as well just make regular turns 48 hrs... :roll: . if you want more free time during "the holidays", play less games - what's so difficult about that?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:06 pm

riskllama wrote:terrible idea - if you implement it for xmas, pretty soon you'll have to do it for ramadan & yom kippur. might as well just make regular turns 48 hrs... :roll: . if you want more free time during "the holidays", play less games - what's so difficult about that?

Wouldn't say its a "bad idea", But your right about planning a decrease in game load before whatever holiday one celebrates?
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby riskllama on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:31 pm

of course it is - if you start making exemptions for one, pretty soon they'll all be asking for exemptions for their "religious observances" and what have you, now matter how mundane. no thx - how about we keep CC secular?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:01 am

riskllama wrote:of course it is - if you start making exemptions for one, pretty soon they'll all be asking for exemptions for their "religious observances" and what have you, now matter how mundane. no thx - how about we keep CC secular?

Christmas is pretty secular, at least among the people I work with.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Symmetry on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:30 am

Vid_FISO wrote:For 24 hour games in play going into Xmas, after moves played/ timed out on 22nd December the date for the next required move to be the same time but on 27th December.

This allows those with family commitments over Xmas not to deadbeat or require sitters (who may or may not have commitments of their own).

Nothing to stop moves still being played with those able to access the site as normal, with the next move remaining due at the same time but on the 27th December.

A side thought would be the possibility of any game to be able to request a time extension if all players involved agreed (probably more relevant to 1v1/ poly), but would assume the yearly set dates would be far easier to code and make sense to most players.

Alternative solutions: in your planning for Christmas this year, incorporate not massacring armies in a digital fantasy world into your itinerary and spend the time with loved ones instead. Rather than ruthlessly competing to butcher anonymous enemies over the internet, why not try giving thoughtful gifts to friends and neighbours?

Thinking of wiping out the population of a continent? Try phoning some of your relatives and catching up on their news!

Get frustrated about rolling ones? Get frustrated about receiving socks instead!

Need constant time extensions due to your religious beliefs? Try atheism! At least over the holidays.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby groovysmurf on Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:31 am

Symmetry wrote:Alternative solutions: in your planning for Christmas this year, incorporate not massacring armies in a digital fantasy world into your itinerary and spend the time with loved ones instead. Rather than ruthlessly competing to butcher anonymous enemies over the internet, why not try giving thoughtful gifts to friends and neighbours?

Thinking of wiping out the population of a continent? Try phoning some of your relatives and catching up on their news!

Get frustrated about rolling ones? Get frustrated about receiving socks instead!

Need constant time extensions due to your religious beliefs? Try atheism! At least over the holidays.

=D> :lol:
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Keefie on Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:34 am

Great suggestions from someone who doesn't know what it's like to have more than two games on the go at the same time :lol:
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Mad777 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Keefie wrote:Great suggestions from someone who doesn't know what it's like to have more than two games on the go at the same time :lol:

I was attempted to open this door but decided to not waste my time... :lol:
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:17 pm

riskllama wrote:of course it is - if you start making exemptions for one, pretty soon they'll all be asking for exemptions for their "religious observances" and what have you, now matter how mundane. no thx - how about we keep CC secular?

It's a private company.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Vid_FISO on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:54 pm

Mad777 wrote:
Keefie wrote:Great suggestions from someone who doesn't know what it's like to have more than two games on the go at the same time :lol:

If you're referring to me, I have a 2 week holiday from Saturday with no internet access for the duration, I do plan ahead, many do not.
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Keefie on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:23 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

If you're referring to me, I have a 2 week holiday from Saturday with no internet access for the duration, I do plan ahead, many do not.

No mate, it wasn't you. Symmetry has played something like 74 games in 11 years.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Mad777 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:35 am

Vid_FISO wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

Not at all, it was directed to Symmetry
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:38 am

Keefie, I can't help but notice that you've changed almost everything about your posts to be aggressively poisonous. Sig, avatar, content, etc...

It's only a few weeks till Christmas. Maybe you could take it down a notch? Or be less poisonous snakey?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby brianclucken on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:05 am

Not bad idea
New Recruit brianclucken

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:29 pm

I actually like this idea, but think stopping the clock for days is too much. You say people can still take turns, but what about the ones waiting on turns? It wouldn't be fair.

If they made the clock 48 hours (instead of 24) from say 22nd December, right up to New Years Day, that would make it so much easier for the majority of players without potentially pausing games for a week on people who still want to play their turns. I know most people can find the time to squeeze in turns within a 2 day period. It's the least messy way of doing it.

It's only common sense that if someone is going to be away for a week over Christmas that they try to finish up their games before the break and not start any new ones. ;) Plan ahead.

EDIT: Just noticed Don said the same thing. That's what I get for not checking all the replies. 8-)
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby riskllama on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:21 pm

nah. it's just a bad idea, period.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:22 pm

Keefie being less whatever he's doing seems like a good idea.
Sergeant Symmetry

Next

Return to Suggestions