Conquer Club

multiplayer polymorphic, team polymorphic and big team game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

multiplayer polymorphic, team polymorphic and big team game

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:32 pm

so I'm not too sure about the technical difficulties but...

When the polymorphic update was made, it came along with the amount of player raised from 8 to 12, and the possibility to play multi team games.

Why stop there?

in poly 2 you could play up to 6 players; 4 players for poly 3; 3 players for poly 4... great value for tribes and clans too. You could also do team poly games (3v3 in poly 2 and 2v2 in poly3) .

And mostly.... big team games! this could mean a significant change for the clan world. Upgrade the team games to 5 and 6 player team games, because hell yeah.
Major betiko

Re: multiplayer polymorphic, team polymorphic and big team

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:14 pm

betiko wrote:so I'm not too sure about the technical difficulties but...

When the polymorphic update was made, it came along with the amount of player raised from 8 to 12, and the possibility to play multi team games.

Why stop there?

in poly 2 you could play up to 6 players; 4 players for poly 3; 3 players for poly 4... great value for tribes and clans too. You could also do team poly games (3v3 in poly 2 and 2v2 in poly3) .

And mostly.... big team games! this could mean a significant change for the clan world. Upgrade the team games to 5 and 6 player team games, because hell yeah.

I don't want to discourage you, but the expansion of some of these settings have been discussed before. There is a lot that goes into coding to make sure that the current settings work. It may be the case that it is currently too complex to program extra poly slots, or have team games for 13+ players. I am not 100% sure, to be honest.

However, I do think this is a good suggestion, and it definitely warrants some positive discussion. Good idea. :)
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby riskllama on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:37 pm

i agree w/JarJar on this - good idea, betty.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
betiko wrote:so I'm not too sure about the technical difficulties but...

Why stop there?

I don't want to discourage you, but the expansion of some of these settings have been discussed before. There is a lot that goes into coding to make sure that the current settings work. It may be the case that it is currently too complex to program extra poly slots, or have team games for 13+ players. I am not 100% sure, to be honest.

However, I do think this is a good suggestion, and it definitely warrants some positive discussion. Good idea. :)

yes I know it has already been discussed a long time ago.... basically when poly and 12 player games were implemented.
I'd be interested to hear from a programmer why setting a 5 player team game could be so complicated. Probably because you would need to create a new medal, a new game mode and so on. I have absolutely no idea what it takes to code such thing, but it would definitely be interesting to play such games, mostly on very big maps.

Anyways, I just wanted to get people talking about it again, because as far as I remember it was more along the lines of "won't happen for the moment" many years ago. Maybe things have changed?
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:10 am

Bump
Major betiko

Return to Suggestions