Conquer Club

Attrition vs Hardcore assaults

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Attrition vs Hardcore assaults

Postby ButternutJosh on Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 am

Okay so, this idea comes from an old Risk-like Flash game called Vortex Wars. It might still be running, I don't know. Essentially, matches had two types of assault setting - Attrition (ie. normal), or Hardcore. In Hardcore games, every attack is an auto-rolled attack, and the winner loses no troops. This means in a 20v20 attack, someone is going to lose 20 troops and the other none. If the attacker wins, they advance 19 troops. If the attacker loses, they lose 19 troops and the defender stays on 20.

This was super popular, and makes for some really interesting strategy. No more tapping, no more slow assaults, no more "attrition" style battles where you gradually wear your opponent down. It's all or nothing, high risk, high reward. If you lose, you lose big time, so you gotta be sure you'll win.

I know for a fact this can work and be incredibly popular, because this game was essentially just the same as CC but in a flashy futuristic skin. I really enjoyed it and there's no reason it shouldn't work here too. Thanks!
Sergeant ButternutJosh

Re: Attrition vs Hardcore assaults

Postby Symmetry on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:03 am

ButternutJosh wrote:Okay so, this idea comes from an old Risk-like Flash game called Vortex Wars. It might still be running, I don't know. Essentially, matches had two types of assault setting - Attrition (ie. normal), or Hardcore. In Hardcore games, every attack is an auto-rolled attack, and the winner loses no troops. This means in a 20v20 attack, someone is going to lose 20 troops and the other none. If the attacker wins, they advance 19 troops. If the attacker loses, they lose 19 troops and the defender stays on 20.

This was super popular, and makes for some really interesting strategy. No more tapping, no more slow assaults, no more "attrition" style battles where you gradually wear your opponent down. It's all or nothing, high risk, high reward. If you lose, you lose big time, so you gotta be sure you'll win.

I know for a fact this can work and be incredibly popular, because this game was essentially just the same as CC but in a flashy futuristic skin. I really enjoyed it and there's no reason it shouldn't work here too. Thanks!

Huh- that's kinda interesting. Doubt it would ever be implemented, but it would be interesting to see,
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mrbrownsays on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:46 am

Sounds like it could lead to madness. Sounds fun.
Cook mrbrownsays

Postby DBandit70 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:50 am

could be fun but the offensive would almost always win
Captain DBandit70

Return to Suggestions