Conquer Club

New territory type: Punisher.

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

New territory type: Punisher.

Postby random21 on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:31 pm

Ok, I had a working idea for a map.. but I'm not a map maker anyways. But was thinking along this line.

If I hold territory A. this leads all players owning territories B to lose -5 troops per turn.

So territories can already have - negative deploys assigned to them by owning them.

Essentially my map idea was to have players start off a central map in their own home base. This home base would allow them to take a series of 4-5 territories out of 12. It would be a DNA sequencer. What you take in your home base affects how you enter the map, and how you control it. So out of the 12, one of the 12 you could take is like chromosome xy and all this does is make it that 7 corresponding territories on the map make enemies lose -5 troops for taking them per turn.

For more direct example. Kc2. If you took the duke, all K knights would lose 5 troops per turn. Imagine their being more than one duke though. Therefore, if you take a K knight, and any player controls any duke, you lose -5.

Benefits? Well added strategy. Unfortunately its supposed to act in tandem with other components in this thought up map. Direct control of map. Indirect control of map. Etc deterrents. Did I go for my "duke". Imagine there are 4 ways to access the map. But one of them means you get -5 troops. But there would be perks too.

k im rambling. Basically. I control territory A. regardless of what the effect is. Can I cause controlling territory A to affect the auto deploys on B. Could I say take A and make it if I control territory A and B, territory B gains +3 troops. But only +1 troop if I do not control A?

DNA Sequencer Map. It will not get made. But I've imagined it.
Field Marshal random21

Re: New territory type: Punisher.

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:31 pm

This would be better in the map foundry, if it's even alive. Your idea isn't a suggestion that would need implementing like others, but actually would only be dependent on the ability to create what you describe in xml, which I imagine it is considering what we already have.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Return to Suggestions