Conquer Club

Auto Snapshot

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Auto Snapshot

Postby Craig25 on Fri May 01, 2020 5:03 pm

Automatic Snapshot for all players not going 1st in fog games.

Players not going 1st are at a serious disadvantage particularly in 24 hour games.

Things to remember when posting a new suggestion are that the dice are random, and that lots of analysis has been done on them both internally and public by community members. Also, please take time to search for previous similar suggestions and, if possible, to check current and archived threads before posting something "new". Delete the xxxxxxx, and substitute your text.

Any questions, contact one of the Suggestions Moderators.
[/Delete Me]

Concise description:
  • xxxxxxx

Specifics/Details:
  • xxxxxxx

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • xxxxxxx
Colonel Craig25

Re: Auto Snapshot

Postby Mad777 on Sun May 03, 2020 10:11 am

agreed, I have submitted the request to webmaster.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

auto snap an game start

Postby xroads on Sun May 10, 2020 2:01 pm

How about an automatic snapshot when the game is initialized.

That way when you are playing an asshole in an autotournament, and they take their turns 5 minutes after the game starts you at least have a fair chance.
Lieutenant xroads

Re: auto snap an game start

Postby DBandit70 on Sun May 10, 2020 2:14 pm

yes please I hate having to wait 12 hours
Lieutenant DBandit70

Re: auto snap an game start

Postby Mad777 on Sun May 10, 2020 2:51 pm

this has already been submitted to webmaster for review, hope for positive outcome.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby istanbul39 on Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:47 pm

Any progress on this request? The tournaments I am currently in, my opponents have all mostly ignored the 12 hour rule in fog. Even non-tournament games this would be beneficial to players.

"Peace at Home, Peace in the World"
Corporal 1st Class istanbul39

Postby HardAttack on Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:27 am

Mad777, you are sweet, kind and nice...
Please dont get my words on yourself... O:)

The site administration, please help me understand, the first voting for this suggestion took place in 2020 June ? And vote was 300 positives against 7-8 negatives just in 2 weeks of time voting was kept alive, then locked down for new votes.. Clearly, and to my best memory, never seen a suggestion to have such positive / negatives ratio...

Community as we are, we simply ask for it.
No need to discuss the benefits, easily sells itself.

So, whenever linked consequetive (similar) suggestions appears here, the autonomous answer to it is, we are discussing...Or the headmaster is made aware of it.
8 months now for 2-3 lines of coding.

Come on, this is not a free site.
We pay for it and please be generous over simple requests we ask from you O:)
The topic cc is declining...Why would not cc decline when a 3 lines of code takes 8 months and more likely to come.

Sorry, do not want to be sharp, but can not stop... :(
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Mad777 on Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:40 am

Hey bud, I'm with you on that, but as said many time and from many other Mods throughout various topics within those Forums, there is only one man behind all this and he has is own list of priority with what should be done first, believe me when I said he is favorable to made those changes but time is critical and anything takes time, 6-8 months may sound huge but I have seen things take were worked and took time such as the revised medal system, it was needed mainly for the forthcoming evolvement and reward system that was way too old and not as friendly in terms of adding new medal, achievement, items, etc...

But that was not the only thing, he is working a lot and very present those months within our Mods Forum exposing his stuff, that may not sound enough to understand from you all in the Community side but things are moving toward the right direction as far I can tell.

Him and I are still discussing things on a monthly basis and to try to forecast changes that have been well welcomed by you all, again, it is "only" a matter of time ;)

Hope this will help keeping you all relaxing and you will be even more surprise when changes will take place, because I really feel it will happen.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby HardAttack on Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:48 pm

O:)

hello you mad777
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:06 pm

There could be more than 1 if someone wanted my help and would take me up on the offer ;)
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby jkppkj on Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:24 pm

Bump.

Want this.

Curious if it's in the works.
Sergeant jkppkj

Postby HardAttack on Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:20 pm

waiting this suggested to come alive to renew my premium.
all the best
O:)
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby JJ41375 on Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:16 pm

I have to say this would be great.

Sometimes there are players who do not wait for the opponent to get a Snapshot. Also, I would not need to reach out to opponents to let them know I got a snapshot. I would not need to wait the 12 hours, which I do like to do as a courtesy, as well.

Thanks.

JJ
Major JJ41375
SoC Training Adviser

Postby iancanton on Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:39 pm

i support the proposal for an auto-snapshot at initialisation of fog games.

this seems a relatively easy fix, without obvious drawbacks, that will benefit tournaments through reduced manual intervention as well as increase the number and variety of waiting games on the game finder that are created by players who are currently unwilling to make fog games.

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Mad777 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:52 pm

iancanton wrote:i support the proposal for an auto-snapshot at initialisation of fog games.

this seems a relatively easy fix, without obvious drawbacks, that will benefit tournaments through reduced manual intervention as well as increase the number and variety of waiting games on the game finder that are created by players who are currently unwilling to make fog games.

per webmaster, it sounds more like fairly not possible…
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:53 pm

iancanton wrote:i support the proposal for an auto-snapshot at initialisation of fog games.

per webmaster, it sounds more like fairly not possible… :-k

at least hard enough to not being a priority and i’m assuming we may never see this suggestion implemented…. :(
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby HardAttack on Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:54 am

Mad777 wrote:

at least hard enough to not being a priority and i’m assuming we may never see this suggestion implemented…. :(

i am sad to put,
shortly,
this final result/verdict is so dissapointing. :(

on the other hand,
Mad777,
i appreciate for your immediate and clear final words on this which leads me see the picture final shape without waiting too long.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:48 pm

Mad777 wrote:

there are several big fatal errors in the picture, which i have got to summarize in a few lines,

1- viewtopic.php?f=634&t=233571, here there is a suggestion with a %97 YES votes, 246 YES voters against 8 NO voters, just in 10ish days of voting.
Questions to rise,
a- web master, yes, he is the owner of the site, also yes owner of the final verdicts, final decision maker he is...All good. But i wonder to know.... Why do we have votes for then ? Why are you asking our votes for if the web master is going to reject 97 percent YES voted suggestion ? I am not going to chat and discuss over priorities here....Whatever we customers ask should be prior to the site as long as there is not any drawbacks....
b- I do really mean it, why do we have votes for ? Why are you guys wasting our times reading this and thinking, voting accordingly if our voices are not going to mean anything ?

Let me say,
from now on, the only purpose i am in this site is going to be to help my dear and sincere clan mates as a freemium player now on, as much as i can.
i am not going to be a part of this comedy anymore.
what a shame :( ....

have your forums, whatever, do not bother me, waste my time anymore.
@ mad777....this above post, yes it quotes your lines but do not take it personal, my words are not directed to you...i am talking out general.
finally, i am fully slient from this second to the end.
bye everyone.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Deanos75 on Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:15 pm

Hi

So sounds like it is 97pc agreed by the users and supported by the owner.

I get that the owner may have a list of priorities (in life and in coding the site) and therefore it may take time. So why not while we wait make it a mandatory rule that you wait 12 hrs for fog. At least that would reduce the frustration.

I just started a game and a clan member no less (not from my clan) was unwilling to tell me what i missed after they moved just 10 mins in. I think it defames themselves and their clan personally but my opinion is not worth a lot.

Im considering foe'ing such people, then telling them i'm happy to play them, no hard feelings (im not angry about it i just want fair play), and then all they need do is wall me if they want to join one of my games and i will unfoe for 5 mins giving them time to join and me time to snap (instead of them joining and moving when i am not around).

But a rule would be much easier while we wait for the site upgrade.

Cheers

Dean
Brigadier Deanos75

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:22 am

I have suggested before

An option waiting time for the game:

• speed games: 2 minutes
• 24h games: 2 hours

Turns not taken until until waiting time is finished.
Colonel Kaiser_Tottenham

Postby 2dimes on Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:58 am

Is it possible to insert a single turn neutral player that goes first in fog games?

Then before the first human player starts, everyone has 24 hours to get their snapshots..

Obviously it would be shorter in speed games since the turns are shorter.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Nucker on Wed May 24, 2023 5:21 am

This is a great idea
Major Nucker

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:54 pm

Hallelujah!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator