Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Maximum and/or Minimum Rank on Create and Find

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Woodruff wrote:I wholeheartedly support this suggestion, as all arguments against it other than "the site just won't do it" simply do not hold water. However, it has been suggested many times and sadly, been rejected too many times.

With this suggestion implemented, manymany people would simply not join games with low ranked players, since it is so easy to just find high ranked games..

I do agree with the suggestion though, I do want it since I would not abuse it, it would be helpful to me. BUt I don't think the site agrees, because of the reason I stated above
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby OliverFA on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:59 am

But with the current state of the site. How do you ensure that high ranked players don't choose the games they join, thus "manipulating" their score? This is already happening, so the feature would not cause anything that is not happening now.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby Woodruff on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:06 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I wholeheartedly support this suggestion, as all arguments against it other than "the site just won't do it" simply do not hold water. However, it has been suggested many times and sadly, been rejected too many times.

With this suggestion implemented, manymany people would simply not join games with low ranked players, since it is so easy to just find high ranked games.

I agree. I don't see a problem with that.

iamkoolerthanu wrote:I do agree with the suggestion though, I do want it since I would not abuse it, it would be helpful to me. BUt I don't think the site agrees, because of the reason I stated above

I don't see the problem. High-ranked players player with high-ranked players. Low-ranked players play with low-ranked players. Medium-ranked players (as they move up) play with both.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:08 am

OliverFA wrote:But with the current state of the site. How do you ensure that high ranked players don't choose the games they join, thus "manipulating" their score? This is already happening, so the feature would not cause anything that is not happening now.

I'm not sure what you mean by "manipulating" their score? In my opinion, for the most part, the "manipulation" of high-ranked scores is happening by their playing lots of games against low-ranked players. This would not affect that at all. It wouldn't encourage it, and it wouldn't discourage it.

But what it would do is allow those high-ranked players who DON'T want to "farm" (yes, it's farming, so shut up) the ability to avoid low-ranked players entirely.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby TotoroHat on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:17 pm

I have not been on this site in a while but when i came back on I found this topic started again. If I remember correctly most people on this site thoughgt this option would exclude lower ranked players from moving up the ranks and allow higher ranked players the ability to remain at the top for longer because they would not be forced to play a lower rank. In WWII there were lower skilled generals and higher skilled generals. It takes all ranks to make this site great. Why is it that it is usualy the higher ranked people who want to prevent themselves from playing the lower ranked people?

Use the Callouts Section.

I once suggested a option to have a low ranked player set a maximum point value for joining his/her game. The button to click would say, people with 1200 points (or 1100 points or something) or lower only. (this would include the person creating the game).

I am opposed to any button which would make it possible for higher ranked people to avoid playing against medium rank people or lower rank people just because they want to stay at the top, The game is already "tiered" as it is. Why make it more?
Private TotoroHat

Postby owenshooter on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:14 pm

rejected multiple times and rejected multiple times. search is your friend. good luck.-the black jesus
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

rank controled games

Postby haha on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:10 am

I was thinking that there should be an option that enables you to set a minimum rank to join a game or a maxium because it is no fun playing with people who are not the same skill level
HaHa
Colonel haha

Re: rank controled games

Postby blakebowling on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:21 am

Moved to suggestions.
Private blakebowling

Postby TheSaxlad on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:42 pm

not gonna happen, this has been proposed and shot down a number of times. Lack has been clear there will be no rank segregation :)
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby TheFissk on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:02 pm

i do believe that it is a possiblilty. if you buy premium you can control who joins your games, and you can segregrate all you want.

don't buy premium don't get option, its a simple as that
Private 1st Class TheFissk

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:50 pm

TheFissk wrote:i do believe that it is a possiblilty. if you buy premium you can control who joins your games, and you can segregrate all you want.

don't buy premium don't get option, its a simple as that

As posted earlier, this has been shot down SEVERAL times, because the Webmaster has said that their won't be Rank segregation.

Moving to Archived.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Limiting games to Rank (Option)

Postby mattattam on Thu May 19, 2011 10:25 pm

Concise description:
I propose having the option available to limit who joins your game based on one's current rank. I also think the best way of doing this is to limit who joins your games of up to 2 ranks above or below you (as well as one's current rank). So for example if I am a Lieutenant the only people who could join would be a Sergeant, Sergeant 1st Class, Lieutenant, Captain, or Major. No one of higher or lower rank would be able to join.

Specifics/Details:
This could be accomplish by putting a option in the Start a game page called something like "Limit game to Rank (No , Yes)" with the asterisk of *Up to 2 Rank level's above or bellow your current rank.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
There are many people on the site who have a high rank and don't want to play such low ranked players and vice versa. This would give the option available to play new players through public games without having to worry about such a lopsided game based on a big difference in rank.

This would make the sight so much more enjoyable for players and I also think it would make public games more popular. Many higher ranked players in particular only play private games because they don't want to play against low ranked players. In these games they can only win a rough 10 or so points and possibly lose 50+. Now they don't have to worry about this factor with a limit to who can join their game and would provide a more enjoyable experience.
Major mattattam

Re: Limiting games to Rank (Option)

Postby greenoaks on Thu May 19, 2011 11:48 pm

this has been rejected before
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby mattattam on Fri May 20, 2011 1:10 am

greenoaks wrote:this has been rejected before

Why was it rejected? This seems like a great idea to me!
Major mattattam

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri May 20, 2011 1:11 am

mattattam wrote:
greenoaks wrote:this has been rejected before

Why was it rejected? This seems like a great idea to me!

Would cause rank segregation, which isn't wanted.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby mattattam on Fri May 20, 2011 1:22 am

I don't know. We have a ranking system for a reason. Better players are higher ranked which creates a separation of rank already. I think people should have an easier option of player similar skilled players. Players would be able to choose who they want to play much easier. What do you think?
Major mattattam

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri May 20, 2011 1:36 am

mattattam wrote:

I don't know. We have a ranking system for a reason. Better players are higher ranked which creates a separation of rank already. I think people should have an easier option of player similar skilled players. Players would be able to choose who they want to play much easier. What do you think?

By Rank Segregation, I mean players are going to me segregated into area's. Cook's will have a harder time getting into games because most people will just put up the limit.

And if you want to get into games with similar ranked players, try the Callout section of the forums.

I personally don't care if the person I play is a cook or a Colonel. I've met Colonels that shouldn't deserve to be their rank based on their game play, and I've met cooks who I think could have easily been a Sargeant. If I meet someone who I think played poorly/stupid, I'll foe them. And it's been pretty obvious I don't care about rank, since I've varied from Sargent to Colonel over the couple months.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby mattattam on Fri May 20, 2011 2:29 pm

I propose the 2 rank above or bellow so there would be less "segregation". My point is that it is already "segregated." Cooks really shouldn't be playing people who are ranked to high over them and I don't want to be playing low ranked players who on the whole have a worse strategy. People would still be able to rank up and down just as easily.

Not many people use the callouts because it takes extra time and they just want to play a game. Many players avoid public games do to playing low ranked players. I don't think I've ever seen a brigadier host a public game. This would open up options that would make CC a more enjoyable experience while avoiding excessive rank seperation.
Major mattattam

Postby Caymanmew on Fri May 20, 2011 2:40 pm

mattattam wrote:I propose the 2 rank above or bellow so there would be less "segregation". My point is that it is already "segregated." Cooks really shouldn't be playing people who are ranked to high over them and I don't want to be playing low ranked players who on the whole have a worse strategy. People would still be able to rank up and down just as easily.

Not many people use the callouts because it takes extra time and they just want to play a game. Many players avoid public games do to playing low ranked players. I don't think I've ever seen a brigadier host a public game. This would open up options that would make CC a more enjoyable experience while avoiding excessive rank seperation.

Game 8569903

general hosted a public game

most people really dont care and those that do just play with friends in private games
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby mattattam on Fri May 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Game 8569903

most people really dont care and those that do just play with friends in private games

My point is not that it hasn't happened but that it doesn't happen very often because of the reasons I stated above ;)
Major mattattam

Postby Caymanmew on Fri May 20, 2011 4:31 pm

mattattam wrote:
Game 8569903

My point is not that it hasn't happened but that it doesn't happen very often because of the reasons I stated above ;)

tons of good player start public games are are within the first few in all the time....but it really does not matter because this is not going to happen
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri May 20, 2011 11:13 pm

I feel like Callouts has largely solved this anyhow.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Qwert on Sat May 21, 2011 3:58 am

well if high ranked player dont want to play agianst low,then he can create private game.
case solved
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby mattattam on Sat May 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:I feel like Callouts has largely solved this anyhow.
-Sully

qwert wrote:well if high ranked player dont want to play agianst low,then he can create private game.
case solved

These are my thoughts on this that I stated above.

Not many people use the callouts because it takes extra time and they just want to play a game. Many players avoid public games due to playing low ranked players. I don't think I've ever seen a brigadier host a public game. This would open up options that would make CC a more enjoyable experience while avoiding excessive rank seperation.
Major mattattam

Postby Herbas on Sat May 21, 2011 2:25 pm

If rank segregation really appears after introduction of such feature, wouldn't it confirm that such feature is in high demand? So why CC should reject implementing a feature which would be widely used? Shouldn't rank segregation be solved in other ways than simply rejecting rank restriction feature which would be supposedly in high demand?
Colonel Herbas

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions