Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Foe ALL below 500 Points

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:05 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:And certainly somebody below 500 will be somebody's Bit* ch to destroy a game, and beeing a bad sport in many other ways.

How can you say that? I feel like this is discriminatory. I am sure there are some people that are below 500 and are pleasant to play with.

sorry i hurt your feelings
Last edited by AslanTheKing on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby spiesr on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:38 pm

People who haven't taken a turn in the past 30 days are not listed on the scoreboard. As such actually deleting these accounts isn't really necessary as they are out of the way.
Captain spiesr

Postby agentcom on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 am

Not gonna happen AK. While there is very limited (if any) oversight on how you may use your foe list, it is not and has never been meant to be a way for people to avoid playing with large numbers of people on this site. Filing this as REJECTED.
Brigadier agentcom

blinking

Postby Sawdust91 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:53 pm

My idea is short and sweet, I find it really annoying when some cook with 130 points joins my game, i mean like what the hell if this guy wins its alot of points gone, so my idea is to have "blinking" which gives a player the option to "blink" out people with a rank, e.g. if i was a conqeror i could "blink" out captains or under (giving a 5 rank radius down, which can be altered to 6 or 7 or 8 if that person wishes) so if i was a captain i could be blinked out only by conquerors but i can blink out the rank 5 below me, this way it avoids high ranked people getting farmed, but this option should only be able to be used for 1v1 games (to avoid team games and games where 2 friends might want to play together being ruined)

overall to be honest i think its a good idea, you might not agree with me or you might agree with me, there's no point in telling me that it was pointless making this post, or something like that, i will most likely not look at this again as i will probably forget about it (hehe) lets see what happens anyway, it would definately be handy
Captain Sawdust91

Re: blinking

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:34 pm

Sawdust91 wrote:My idea is short and sweet, I find it really annoying when some cook with 130 points joins my game, i mean like what the hell if this guy wins its alot of points gone, so my idea is to have "blinking" which gives a player the option to "blink" out people with a rank, e.g. if i was a conqeror i could "blink" out captains or under (giving a 5 rank radius down, which can be altered to 6 or 7 or 8 if that person wishes) so if i was a captain i could be blinked out only by conquerors but i can blink out the rank 5 below me, this way it avoids high ranked people getting farmed, but this option should only be able to be used for 1v1 games (to avoid team games and games where 2 friends might want to play together being ruined)

overall to be honest i think its a good idea, you might not agree with me or you might agree with me, there's no point in telling me that it was pointless making this post, or something like that, i will most likely not look at this again as i will probably forget about it (hehe) lets see what happens anyway, it would definately be handy

MERGED another.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Make games require minimum or maximum points/rank [REJEC

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:22 pm

chapcrap wrote:MERGED another.

+1
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Did you just "+1" your own merge? :roll: :lol:
Brigadier agentcom

Game with a minimum of point for each player

Postby BENCLUB on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi all

Sorry, my english is too bad to write an introduction and an conclusion of suggestion.

It will be nice to start a game if with people who have a minimum if x points.

Because when you have 1800 points, you really don't want to have people with less than 1500 points in your game.

So please add an option :

"Minimum points to join your game : [x]....... [x][NONE]"

Thank you so much
Major BENCLUB

Re: Game with a minimum of point for each player

Postby TheSaxlad on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Been Suggested, Been Rejected, Never going to happen really... (due to fair game rules set by the admin)

Sorry.
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Re: Game with a minimum of point for each player

Postby nicestash on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:47 pm

However, there is a place where you can set up private games with a minimum points per player.
There's no 1500 points, but here's the one for 1600 points: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=47572
Major nicestash

Postby agentcom on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Another topic MERGED. Please search before posting.
Brigadier agentcom

Increasing competition, lower ranks.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:01 am

Note paired with this suggestion, for upper ranks:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=194023&p=4245834#p4245834

Concise description:
Allow lower ranked players to limit upper ranks from joining their games. It might be offered as a "premium only" option. If so, you might offer it as a trial option for people who have not yet played 25 games.

Specifics/Details:
To qualify, you must be currently no higher than Sergeant, and have NEVER reached Captain or above. Would not apply to Tournaments, Battles Royale or BETA maps. Might or might not be allowed for holiday/special maps. There might be an exclusion for "approved mentors", in mentor programs.

If you fall in the above categories, you can exclude anyone who is ranked Captain or above from your games. The exclusion would automatically be removed if you go up in rank. Initially, when a person first goes above Sergeant, they would be kicked off, but them be allowed to exclude again once they dropped back in rank. However, once they hit Captain, they would no longer be allowed to exclude at all. This last is to keep "sandbaggers" from using this to their gain.

If offered as a trial option, people would have the option of excluding higher ranked players for their first 25 games, then they would have to buy premium if they wanted to continue to exclude. This limitation would have to be explained (maybe in a quick pop up) or people would miss out, not knowing it exists.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
This is about having games that are fun and competitive, learning experiences rather than just massacres. Unlike other suggestions, this one should encourage newbies. It might be offered as a "premium only" option. If so, you might offer it as a trial option for people who have not yet played 25 games.

I am far less concerned about upper ranks occasionally losing to lower ranked players due to "luck" or "sandbagging" (a good player that intentionally loses to go down in rank), because even though the system is not perfect, skill pretty much does outweigh luck in those cases. Its not so much that there is NO problem, just that any fix is worse than the "problem" of higher rank people occasionally losing lots of points to lower rank, if for no other reason than that higher ranked players have generally been here long enough to figure out how to "work the system", finding ways to generally limit lower ranks when they wish to do so.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Re: Increasing competition, lower ranks.

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:44 pm

The upper cutoff should be major, not captain.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:57 pm

That is changeable.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Here is a stat for you. Think about it. What % of people with 2000 points or more JOIN games with people with 1400 or less?

Now take that % and ask this question, what % of those people who do JOIN games actually consistently play those games? Whenever I play Speed games, I am constantly looking for Freestyle games. I love Freestyle games, and this would hamper my ability to do so.

So you're saying if a Corporeal creates a 6 person Feudal War game, that only people 1999 and below can join? That's ABSURD! It's basically telling me what games I can/cannot play.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Not interested. Ranks change based on what people are playing. I have hovered at major for quite a while but lately I am playing a lot more random games so I'm stuck between the 1550-1900 point mark. I feel on some maps I can play just as well as anyone despite my current rank being #3577.

Rank is too generally based to try to do something so narrowed down.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:23 am

I can agree with Patrick's point. My map rank stats show - I am incredible at Stalingrad, Jamaica, Poker Club, Hive, Treasures of Galapagos; which are highly specialized maps. However, I am not so good at large maps like NYC, which keeps my points down. I usually feel like quitting CC anytime I get a NYC game, so if you want free points, come play me.

This would create a big hamper for the map microcommunities. Why should there be a schism for us Hive-trenchers?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby greenoaks on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:27 am

i think it is awesome someone who does not play any games here knows how to fix CC.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:06 am

greenoaks wrote:i think it is awesome someone who does not play any games here knows how to fix CC.

To whom are you referring?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby greenoaks on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:08 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
greenoaks wrote:i think it is awesome someone who does not play any games here knows how to fix CC.

To whom are you referring?

Player, scroll up. it is her thread.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Here is a stat for you. Think about it. What % of people with 2000 points or more JOIN games with people with 1400 or less?

Now take that % and ask this question, what % of those people who do JOIN games actually consistently play those games? Whenever I play Speed games, I am constantly looking for Freestyle games. I love Freestyle games, and this would hamper my ability to do so.

So you're saying if a Corporeal creates a 6 person Feudal War game, that only people 1999 and below can join? That's ABSURD! It's basically telling me what games I can/cannot play.

You have it backwards. You would be able to join any game you wish, but you can prohibit higher ranks from joining your games if you wish.

Also, it is NOT mandatory, it would be an option.

And, as to who in the upper ranks joins lower rank games.. basically any farmer, and a few other decent folks. I would play higher ranked people, particularly in the more unusual maps frequently.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:08 pm

try again.... lol, played over 10,000 games here.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:12 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I can agree with Patrick's point. My map rank stats show - I am incredible at Stalingrad, Jamaica, Poker Club, Hive, Treasures of Galapagos; which are highly specialized maps. However, I am not so good at large maps like NYC, which keeps my points down. I usually feel like quitting CC anytime I get a NYC game, so if you want free points, come play me.

This would create a big hamper for the map microcommunities. Why should there be a schism for us Hive-trenchers?

This is NOT MANDATORY. It is merely an option.

I, too, play variety maps more than the "standards". All this would do is allow lower ranks to specify whether they wanted upper ranks to join or not.. and ONLY if they stay low rank. If you "bounce around" the scoreboard, then it would not apply.

Basically, this would not do much for someone like you. The people it would help are many of those who wind up disgusted and leave because they don't want to get slaughtered constantly and don't want to devote the time to SOC or something similar.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:03 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I can agree with Patrick's point. My map rank stats show - I am incredible at Stalingrad, Jamaica, Poker Club, Hive, Treasures of Galapagos; which are highly specialized maps. However, I am not so good at large maps like NYC, which keeps my points down. I usually feel like quitting CC anytime I get a NYC game, so if you want free points, come play me.

This is NOT MANDATORY. It is merely an option.

I, too, play variety maps more than the "standards". All this would do is allow lower ranks to specify whether they wanted upper ranks to join or not.. and ONLY if they stay low rank. If you "bounce around" the scoreboard, then it would not apply.

Basically, this would not do much for someone like you. The people it would help are many of those who wind up disgusted and leave because they don't want to get slaughtered constantly and don't want to devote the time to SOC or something similar.

If someone gets slaughtered constantly in this game, they should realize either to play less complicated maps or to revise their strategy. Noone with half a decent amount of strategy should continue to get slaughtered on maps like classic, if you do, then this site is simply not for you. Allowing people to limit on ranks won't fix this. What will is posting in the callouts section, joining games rather than creating games (then you can pick your opponent), or taking the time to go through SOC. If they don't want to "devote" their time to benefit their own gameplay, I don't think we should "devote" development time to put something like this in.

I don't mean to continue to bash your suggestions here player, keep them coming.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions