Conquer Club

[GO] Less Fog of War in Game Log

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: no fog of war in game log for moves involving yourself

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:04 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:I agree, when the battle involves your territories in a FoW game, you should be able to know what happened... And with the territories adjacent to you as well!
The whole concept of 'FoW' is to say that in a 'real life war' you wouldn't know the location of enemy troops unless you were bordering them, am i correct?
In that case, in a 'real life war', you would know if your territory got taken over, and where your territory was, etc...

You wouldn't know by being there, you would only know by memory, or by writing down where you are at a given time, which is still an option (I know ppl who keep notes, and I still do sometimes). There's also snapshots. I disagree with the suggestion.

I think you are misunderstanding my point. When I play a FoW game, I am playing it as if it was a 'real' war. As in I am a general, and so are the other players, and we are in 'real' life. So the reason I cant see non-adjacent territories, is because I cannot possibly see around the world.
But, in a 'real' war, if my territory was conquered, I would very well know it, and the game log should, in my opinion, inform me of it.
Then again, this is just my opinion.
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Re: Suggestion: fog of war issues

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:04 am

Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Previous

Return to Suggestions