NEW RANKS Sugestions. [Poll Added]

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Do you agree with the concept of 3 different Military Paths, each with its own rank?

Yes, although I think the old path should still be an option (4-Path)
32
12%
Yes, I agree fully with qwert's proposed 3-Path System
52
20%
Yes, I want new ranks, but not the 3-Path System
25
9%
Yes, I like the new ranks but not the graphics
25
9%
No, the ranks are fine as they are
132
50%
 
Total votes : 266

Re: NEW Ranks

Postby Shino Tenshi on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:00 am

It would be really nice to see something like this implemented. It makes little sense to bring the point requirements down when point inflation is already making it easier to get higher ranks.

A few of comments for feedback to the proposed system:

1) The specialist icon looks out of place, as otherwise there is a very visible sequence in the icons between cadet and sergeant first class. Is there another private or corporal rank that might be able to replace it?

2) The spread of points between private and private first class really should be 100. It makes the first sense of accomplishment (and first hooks of addiction to the site :D ) much more obtainable.

3) The spread of points higher up should be evened out a bit. Perhaps in 200, then 300, then 400, 500, and 1000 point increments as you go higher up. I think most people in the 2000+ range are active enough that 200 points can come and go within a few hours to a couple of days. Having increasingly large point spreads in the higher ranks makes sense.

4) Perhaps a good spread for would be cook 1, 800, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1800, 2000, 2300, 2600, 3000, 3400, 4000, 4600, 5300, 6000? Some reasoning for this spread (which has specialist removed to solve the icon being out of place) are that 1000 is the starting point, which should be private; 1800/2000 seems like a good point to start increasing the point spread to get into the beginning officer ranks; 6000 seems like a good unobtainable goal for now that should be obtainable within a year or two; and the increasing spread makes it harder for the lower rank officers to go up in rank, since 200 points really is too easy at that level, and makes it easier for the higher officer ranks so that the goals are at least obtainable with a lot of hard work.

5) I've often wondered about more ranks for the cadet and lower levels. I think it would be good to offer those that are below 1000 some rank options as well, instead of lumping all of the people with a score of 200, 500, and 799 into the same group. I'm sure that there are different ranks within army cadets that could be used? Perhaps something as simple as one, two, and three straight bars for the graphics? A point spread of 1, 500, 700, and 900 for cook, cadet 1, cadet 2, and cadet 3?


I think that about covers it. If the main reason why Lack hasn't put in more ranks is because he lacks the icons, then I think that the proposed icons look good, with the exception of specialist, which doesn't really match the colour scheme that the rest of the icons do. Some icons, I think, seem a bit wide or a bit too tall to fit into the space that's allotted for the icon, but that is something that is easily fixed.

I for one would really like to see something like this put into place. It would help make the lower ranked players happy by giving them easier to obtain ranks (100pts per rank) up until the officer ranks. It would also make the higher ranked players happy by allowing them to maintain an sense of accomplishment.
User avatar
Lieutenant Shino Tenshi
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:35 pm
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: NEW Ranks

Postby Qwert on Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:14 pm

blitz you forget Sergeant.I think that 5000 for Marshall its quit close for some player now,we must look up to future,because i belive that present number now(21000) will grow more and that why i take 6000 pt for Marshall,ofcourse from 1 to 6000 pt,we can sugested many other point option.

Reply to Shino tenshi
1)well i can try to create something what it better fit for these rank. I realy dont know other rank name bettwen Corporal and private first rank(In UK army bettwen OR-4 and OR-3 you dont have any rank,but in US army you have rank Specialist)
2)these is no problem,its can change
3)4)i will se how these look
5)I must say that i dont find any smaler rank then private.But maybe we can create some ranks,like Cook who are not army rank.Maybe "Night Guard"who can be above Cook and belove Cadet. Or "Driver" who can be above Cook and Belove Night Guard,or some other names.

I must say that i realy dont know present Icon dimension space,and i create Rank icons to be close to present rank icons. Like i say Specialist icon can be arange to fit with others ranks.
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9177
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: NEW RANKS-page 1

Postby Ditocoaf on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:49 pm

sigh...
the reason more people are in high ranks is because there are more people in CC.
the reason you're finding it easier to maintain a high rank is because you're getting better.
Almost a quarter of active players are chefs... so I wish people would stop talking about inflation already, as if having only an elite few able to succeed here is a good thing. People say that scores always tend to go up over time, but this can't be true, because every time you gain points, someone's losing them.
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:17 pm
Location: Being eaten by the worms and weird fishes
Medals: 2
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: NEW RANKS-page 1

Postby Herakilla on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:12 pm

i am all for this idea, i feel i would actually start trying to get points if this was implemented
Come join us in Live Chat!
User avatar
Lieutenant Herakilla
 
Posts: 4317
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:33 pm
Location: Wandering the world, spreading Conquerism
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: NEW RANKS-page 1

Postby Tieryn on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Ditocoaf wrote:sigh...
the reason more people are in high ranks is because there are more people in CC.
the reason you're finding it easier to maintain a high rank is because you're getting better.
Almost a quarter of active players are chefs... so I wish people would stop talking about inflation already, as if having only an elite few able to succeed here is a good thing. People say that scores always tend to go up over time, but this can't be true, because every time you gain points, someone's losing them.


Yes... but every time a new player signs up, that's 1000 more points added to the possible points pool.

This is without doubt going to lead to people having more points... but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. Having only just managed to get up to captain for the first time recently (with the points drop!), and still holding on to my lieutenant at the moment, I actually think it's a good reward for those of us who aren't hardcore addicts, but are strong casual addicts, to be able to hold a fairly respectable rank and maintain it. The very nature of an army (as the ranks are organised) is the more you have at the bottom, the more you -need- at the top... But yes, we don't want to get top heavy...

There needs to definitely be a stretch at the top, to accommodate future growth and give those up the top something to aim for, but I don't think that should come at the expense of those of us who hover around 1800-2200, and still think there should be an officer level around the 1800 mark.

That said, I really like the graphics, and the concept is sound, but the numbers will need a little examining.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Tieryn
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 7:30 am
Location: Generation One
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: NEW RANKS-page 1

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:03 pm

I like out current graphics. They are more clean, with thinner edges and less blurry. Also, if you want to re-do them, dont take any of the old ones. they look out of place when compared to the rest.
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Doin' it for da lulz.
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

Re: NEW RANKS-page 1

Postby Qwert on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:08 am

I think that with change rank of Private and private first class,Specialist now fit with others ranks
Image


by Kaplowitz on Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:03 am

I like out current graphics. They are more clean, with thinner edges and less blurry. Also, if you want to re-do them, dont take any of the old ones. they look out of place when compared to the rest.

What you mean? To create complete new ranks? I think that no need for that. Add new ranks and redesing old ranks,its only what need(these is what i think).
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9177
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: NEW RANKS-page 1

Postby gimil on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:26 am

These images you have presented qwerts are just a white wash of bevel not used very effectivly. THe results of this is an unrealistic 3D effect and a good bit of blurring.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: NEW RANKS-page 1

Postby Qwert on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:41 am

gimil
These images you have presented qwerts are just a white wash of bevel not used very effectivly. THe results of this is an unrealistic 3D effect and a good bit of blurring.
These images you have presented qwerts are just a white wash of bevel not used very effectivly. THe results of this is an unrealistic 3D effect and a good bit of blurring.

If i understand,you say that these what i present its worst then present Icons,right.
Strange,i have some filing that old icons is look very old,and that mine is much better.
Well these is only sugestion,and if these look worst,then someon else maybe can better present better sugestion for new ranks.

Image
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9177
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: NEW RANKS-page 1

Postby gimil on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:11 am

I didnt say they were bad. I like the stripe ranks you have. Its the way you've used the bevel on the officer badges that I dont like. But to be honest I still prefer the clean crisp image or the current ones. Sorry
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Ranks

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:14 am

gimil wrote:Cant move something out of the public eye without permission from you know who :)

me??

i like the graphics

however i dont think the ranks need changing
its just a graphical representation of your score.
although blitz's points suggestion is better
hmm but yer the scoring as is, is perfectly fine
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9662
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: NEW RANKS-page 1

Postby Qwert on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:28 am

I didnt say they were bad. I like the stripe ranks you have. Its the way you've used the bevel on the officer badges that I dont like. But to be honest I still prefer the clean crisp image or the current ones. Sorry

me??

i like the graphics

however i dont think the ranks need changing
its just a graphical representation of your score.
although blitz's points suggestion is better
hmm but yer the scoring as is, is perfectly fine

Probably you right guys,these all depends on comunity and LackAttack,if they think that need to improve scoring,and for new Ranks, and look of Rank ICons,then maybe he can change something, and these can help a little. Mine opinion is that new ranks and new scoring is need,and if in some point Lack need help with these,i will gladly help,and ofcourse Rank Icon can be made better,but for now these is only a sugestion Images(i work these 3-4 hours).
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9177
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: NEW RANKS-page 1

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:43 am

qwert wrote:I think that with change rank of Private and private first class,Specialist now fit with others ranks
Image


by Kaplowitz on Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:03 am

I like out current graphics. They are more clean, with thinner edges and less blurry. Also, if you want to re-do them, dont take any of the old ones. they look out of place when compared to the rest.

What you mean? To create complete new ranks? I think that no need for that. Add new ranks and redesing old ranks,its only what need(these is what i think).




this is a little better qwert, but you never reflected this change on page 1, and again, seems to be very large gaps up top, I would close them a little bit.
Image
User avatar
General Blitzaholic
 
Posts: 23052
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Apocalyptic Area
Medals: 129
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (1)

Re: NEW RANKS-page 1

Postby Joodoo on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:46 am

the new ranks seem quite good
is the specialist rank from counter strike because I have a friend who uses facebook and he said that a counter strike game in facebook has the rank of specialist?
User avatar
Lieutenant Joodoo
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Greater Toronto, Canada
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: NEW Ranks

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:53 am

qwert wrote:I just thinking,that its better to create some new Ranks,to prevent these inflation of high Ranks,because now you have so many High ranked players,and now its quit easy to get High rank.
These is mine artistic view to new ranks definition. I hope that these will help Lack to implement some new ranks.
Image




I agree with you qwert on your names and a change, but the ranks I disagree a little, and I would suggest this and I think you are very close, but this may be more realistic, ok

Field Marshall 5000
General 4500
Brigadier 4300
Colonel 4000
Lieutenant Colonel 3800
Major 3500
Captain 3300
Lieutenant 3000
Warrant Officer 2800
Officer Candidate 2500
Sergant 1st Class 2300
Staff Sergant 2000
Corporal 1st Class 1800
Corporal 1500
Specialist 1300
Private 1st Class 1000
Private 800
Cadet 500
Cook 1
New Recruit ?


The reason being is once you get over 3000 score, especially 3500 score and higher it is extremely challenging to maintain and points are so difficult to come by, I think the gaps or separation should be a little closer and I would suggest what I typed in here may be a little more reasonable, but I do like your vision qwert. I would consider something on the lines I what i just mentioned and it is more reasonable, now in a year or 18 months from now, you all could re-examine this, but this would work and being challenging for many for the next year or more. I like the options of more lower ranks too because it is a lot of fun to attempt to shoot right up through them, and each one you hit and go higher feels very successful and quite an accomplishment for those that do. Respects, Blitz

You must remember it is very difficult to gain points past 3500, very difficult, you may get anywhere's from 3 to 10 points a game and less if you win, and when you lose it's like anywhere's from 40 to 80 and when you get past 4000 it's even harder where you must win at around 90% or go down in score, I tweaked mine a little cause you adjusted yours a little and maybe we can meet in the middle some, if you want to boost field marshal to 6000 then you need to bring up the higher ranks so there is not great big gaps at top and not bottom, make it equal, what I shown here is fair to all ranks, except field marshal I did give a 500 point gap at top as I did cook at bottom, all other ranks is 200 and 300 gaps, and it should be attainable, i mean by next year, I would think you may only have a few field marshal's out of 50,000 plus active players or more, thats not bad, and realistic.
Image
User avatar
General Blitzaholic
 
Posts: 23052
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Apocalyptic Area
Medals: 129
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login