Conquer Club

[GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby wicked on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:55 pm

An easy way to concede a 1v1 game is to suicide all your men. Doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't affect outcome if it's obvious one player already has it won. Those games go so quickly anyway, doesn't really matter.

As far as why the surrender button was removed, you can search the archives for exactly why. One reason was people would leave games if they didn't like their drops, or how the game was going, or got pissed at the other player, a whole myriad of reasons. But the main reason it'll never make a comeback is potential for multi abuse.
Major wicked

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:57 pm

Conceding 1 v 1 games goes even faster if you suicide into the neutrals. I've had several players do that to me.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby wicked on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:01 pm

From the February 2006 update:

lackattack wrote:
2. No more surrender button.
It was causing problems with people pushing it too early in the game or to stop players from getting cards.
Major wicked

Postby Larry Mal on Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:03 pm

Well the speed game will satisfy me to a great degree though. Other than that, this is a very fun site, and most of the folks are pretty serious competitors and have a great attitude.

Mess with me, though, and I'll kill you if I can.

See you all out there...
Corporal Larry Mal

Postby Keebs2674 on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:42 am

This is an awful idea. If you start a game you shouldn't be allowed to quit just because you don't like the way it is going.

The only reasonable reason I could see for quitting a game is if you're going on vacation or something and know you're going to deadbeat and you want to save your fellow players some time. I do agree this would be a good reason for a "quit" option, the bad ways this could be used far outweight the one good way.
Captain Keebs2674

Postby Kevy on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:04 pm

what about a vacation mode? leave and dont be able to play for 3 days or maybe more..
Private Kevy

Surrender Button

Postby KylenPhylar on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:43 pm

How about a Surrender button for all those who either get in a game with people they really don't want to play with, or in case someone accidentally joined and started the wrong game.
Cadet KylenPhylar

Postby misterman10 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:46 pm

Been suggested before, AND WILL ALWAYS BE REJECTED

It was once part of the site but was abused, especially by multis, its not coming back
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Posting is confusing

Postby petewins1368 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:11 pm

1. Only show notes in forum that are accepting posts... If the player wants...
2. surrender button....
Thanks,
Petewins1368
Winning is everything
Private 1st Class petewins1368

Postby Burning Star IV on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:22 pm

If they employed this, CC would lose money from all of the regular members who surrender early to get a new game going. They want them to buy premium.
A mall? We're infiltrating a mall?! Who the f*ck defends a MALL?!
Cook Burning Star IV

Postby AK_iceman on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:44 pm

1. What?
2. No. This will never happen again.
3. Use the form.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby Keebs2674 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Awful, awful, awful, awful...
Captain Keebs2674

Postby 3seven1 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:29 pm

1. What?
Corporal 1st Class 3seven1

Draw

Postby Rybal on Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:49 pm

<-------------------->

<Subject>:

* It would be nice if there was an option to declare a draw - even if it isn't available until a preset turn.

<Body>:

* Suggestion Idea: A draw button that could be implemented after a certain turn in a game. This would allow all players involved to back out of the game without losing OR winning any points (even if someone had been eliminated, the individuals who elect to draw would not distribute those points to keep people from creating alliances to knock someone out just to split their points).

* Specifics: The option could show up after say, turn 25 (to make sure that it isn't abused). All players in the game would need to vote in favor of a draw in order for it to take place. Further restrictions could be put into effect such as a requirement that no individual exceeds more than 5% more than 1/(number of players) armies/territories so that it is only for games where a true stalemate is in place. Also, if someone requests a draw and it is shot down, they cannot start another vote for at least five turns.

* Why it is needed: http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=556372 <--- that game (among others, I am sure) is exactly why it is needed. That game is basically at a stalemate and unlikely to progress much further than it already has. We have been fairly evenly distributed the entire game with one of us having a very slight advantage at any point (was me for a while, then blue now), but not enough to really take someone else out without alliances.

<-------------------->
Sergeant Rybal

Re: Draw

Postby john1099 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:53 am

Rybal wrote:<-------------------->

<Subject>:

* It would be nice if there was an option to declare a draw - even if it isn't available until a preset turn.

<Body>:

* Suggestion Idea: A draw button that could be implemented after a certain turn in a game. This would allow all players involved to back out of the game without losing OR winning any points (even if someone had been eliminated, the individuals who elect to draw would not distribute those points to keep people from creating alliances to knock someone out just to split their points).

* Specifics: The option could show up after say, turn 25 (to make sure that it isn't abused). All players in the game would need to vote in favor of a draw in order for it to take place. Further restrictions could be put into effect such as a requirement that no individual exceeds more than 5% more than 1/(number of players) armies/territories so that it is only for games where a true stalemate is in place. Also, if someone requests a draw and it is shot down, they cannot start another vote for at least five turns.

* Why it is needed: http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=556372 <--- that game (among others, I am sure) is exactly why it is needed. That game is basically at a stalemate and unlikely to progress much further than it already has. We have been fairly evenly distributed the entire game with one of us having a very slight advantage at any point (was me for a while, then blue now), but not enough to really take someone else out without alliances.

<-------------------->

Play the game out ;)

Thats my simple advise.

Why join, if you don't wish to play it out.
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Point Taken

Postby drmajase on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:22 pm

I understand what you are saying but what I don't understand is for example if you join a game that you didn't intend to join but becuase of your faulty mouse skills you MUST play the game to avoid losing points. Like you can drop out before anyone takes a turn...that's fair. or better yet have a confirmation screen before the map loads so people do not know where there armies have been put
Cadet drmajase

Postby pat_wobbly on Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:16 am

It should be a gameplay option like 'flat rate cards' or 'unlimited fortifications'. If you don't want that option then don't join that game. People that are losing and give up just waste everyone's time (including their own) by not coming back to the game cause they don't care.

There are enough people that are in favor of it so why not?

Make it a gameplay option.
Lieutenant pat_wobbly

Postby john1099 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:30 am

pat_wobbly wrote:It should be a gameplay option like 'flat rate cards' or 'unlimited fortifications'. If you don't want that option then don't join that game. People that are losing and give up just waste everyone's time (including their own) by not coming back to the game cause they don't care.

There are enough people that are in favor of it so why not?

Make it a gameplay option.

I have 1 word for you.
Then a statement elaborating on my word.

Word : NO!

Statement: Go f*ck Yourself, it's not coming back!

That's all ;)

Ps. Read the first post, it gives a reason it was rejected.[/b]
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby The1exile on Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:26 am

It would be useful in 1vs1... at least until doodle earth comes out.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby AAFitz on Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:02 pm

No really sums this one up im afraid. The amount of abuse it will get compared to use would be 100 to 1

In twenty minutes a quick typing multi could get to the top of the scoreboard...just isnt worth the trouble
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:07 pm

thegrimsleeper wrote:I've seen some pretty remarkable comebacks. Pushing a surrender button is selling yourself short.

I am in agreement. ^^
Cadet Optimus Prime

How about a "concede" button *Rejected*

Postby Icefog99 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:34 pm

This would allow players who prefer to give up an opportunity to do so without painfully returning three and four more turns just to finish a game (not that I have ever needed it - lol). There's a lot of two-players games that would be over much quicker if one player had a chance to concede as soon as it was obvious the game was over.
Private Icefog99

Postby Ishiro on Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:06 pm

Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby lalaland on Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:38 pm

This idea had been rejected so many times it's not funny.
I worship the dice gods
Image Image
Private 1st Class lalaland

Postby Rocketry on Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:53 pm

I know its been rejected but i still think there should be some option to leave a games once its started. Maybe lack could come up with a suggestion of some kind?

Rocketry
Lieutenant Rocketry

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions