Conquer Club

[GL] Playback/Replay/Rewind/Review/History Game Feature

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Record and Replay Game History

Postby agentcom on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:30 am

I think that data storage may be the issue, as you pointed out. Based on what I've seen mods say in C&A, there isn't any way to look at this now, so that means (probably) that the data isn't stored. Just off the top of my head, I would guess that this could double the amount of information stored each game (maybe more, maybe less). That's quite a bit of extra information for CC to store.

This has been, in one form or another, suggested before. I would guess that you could search suggestions for "replay" or something like that and find it.
Brigadier agentcom

replay entire game

Postby redhawk92 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:46 pm

when the game is over it would be cool to have a button where all players could push and the exact same game be replayed

points would still be won and lost in game 1

exact same drop and everything, just like the game started over :D
Captain redhawk92

Re: replay entire game

Postby Symmetry on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Couldn't you create a private game and invite the same players?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby redhawk92 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:08 pm

im saying where it would be the same drop and turn order
Captain redhawk92

Postby Symmetry on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:24 pm

kylegraves1 wrote:im saying where it would be the same drop and turn order

But then the original game would not really be being replayed. In the original game players didn't know the drop, or the order.

In a replay they would.

In any case, I don't think this suggestion will go anywhere, much as i would love to do over some of my games. Way too complicated.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby redhawk92 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:32 pm

yeah i just wanted to document this idea :D
Captain redhawk92

Graphical Game post mortems...

Postby ebt1972 on Tue May 01, 2012 6:00 am

When a game ends, create a clickable link to the map graphic for each move sequence. eg graphic after player 1 moves, graphic after player 2 moves etc etc.

Specifics/Details:
  • Each move generates a new map graphic
  • map graphics are displayed on a web page sequentially, so you can scroll through on one page to see whole fight

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Many players like to post mortem games as a learning experience
  • would reduce new players leaving during early learning games since they can learn better from this

Apologies if I've missed something in the years of history in the forums on the site :)
Sergeant 1st Class ebt1972

Re: Graphical Game post mortems...

Postby agentcom on Tue May 01, 2012 4:54 pm

ebt1972 wrote:
Apologies if I've missed something in the years of history in the forums on the site :)

You did. It's out there somewhere. Fairly recently, in fact.
Brigadier agentcom

Re: Fog Map revealed

Postby agentcom on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:44 am

As has been said, there is already a suggestion for replaying the game after it is finished. This would probably be useful to players beyond fog of war games. If you want to see some of the information that such an option would display, there is a tool over in the Tools and Enhancements Forum, which allows a replay of the game at least as far as territory ownership is concerned. This suggestion is moving to REJECTED and probably awaiting a merge with a replay games suggestion, once we get around to organizing this space.
Brigadier agentcom

Re: Playback/Replay/Rewind/Review/History Game Feature[REJEC

Postby agentcom on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:16 am

Several indistinguishable topics have been MERGED and/or moved to REJECTED. If you are wondering why your suggestion is now in the middle of a 17 page thread it's because you couldn't take 5 seconds to do a search for "replay" or "review" or "rewind" to find one of the very-easy-to-find threads that have also been merged here.

An introductory post has been created at the top of this thread and this oft-REJECTED topic has been STICKIED.
Brigadier agentcom

Game Replay

Postby IditarodGuy on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:53 am

A option that enables ALL members to watch a replay of their game after the game is complete.

A full run of the game from start to finish with every ones moves shown with no fog after the game has been completed. With a play by play option to enable players to study their mistakes or where strategy has worked.

This will promote this site to a much higher standard of strategy by allowing players to study where the game fell apart or where the game was won and how they can play it differently next time.

IditarodGuy
Major IditarodGuy

Re: Game Replay

Postby agentcom on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:19 pm

Please search before suggesting. This has been suggested many times before. If you did, then you would be able to comment in the appropriate place. MERGED.
Brigadier agentcom

Replay - re watch the game

Postby haha on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:18 pm

I cant imagine I'm the first one to post something like this but was unable to find anything.

I think that a lot of members of CC would be happy to be able to rewatch a game especially if its a fog game. i also think this could just be part of the premium package because I'm willing to bet that people would be willing to pay for this option
HAHA
Brigadier haha

Re: Replay - re watch the game

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Just take tons of snapshots, that would have the same effect wouldn't it?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby 72o on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:25 pm

I think there is a plug in that does this, right?
Sergeant 72o

Postby haha on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Just take tons of snapshots, that would have the same effect wouldn't it?

not in any fog games
HaHa
Brigadier haha

Postby 72o on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:36 pm

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

viewtopic.php?f=527&t=123669
Sergeant 72o

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:55 pm

Hmm, yeah I tend to forget about a game after that final rush...
I'm thinking too that a replay of a foggy game in non-foggy conditions wouldn't necessarily help you in the future since it's the foggy state that forms the whole strategy. Also, those people that are highly successful at this game don't need a function like this since they do this automatically in their head. I'm not saying I am so ambitious but I know that it is possible with enough experience and study of the game log.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby agentcom on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:22 am

haha wrote:I cant imagine I'm the first one to post something like this but was unable to find anything.

I think that a lot of members of CC would be happy to be able to rewatch a game especially if its a fog game. i also think this could just be part of the premium package because I'm willing to bet that people would be willing to pay for this option
HAHA

I have a hard time believing that you couldn't find this topic if you really searched for it.
Brigadier agentcom

replay button

Postby codierose on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Concise description:
not sure if it had been suggested before but here goes i would like a replay button so at the end of a game you can play back the game play by play rather than reading the log.
dont need to see the dice just the moves a bit like a snap shot of every turn. i like to look at games others have played to learn best tactics or not that was played to win the game.
Major codierose

Re: replay button

Postby agentcom on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:24 am

codierose wrote:Concise description:
not sure if it had been suggested before but here goes i would like a replay button so at the end of a game you can play back the game play by play rather than reading the log.
dont need to see the dice just the moves a bit like a snap shot of every turn. i like to look at games others have played to learn best tactics or not that was played to win the game.

<sigh> ... There are instructions on how to use this forum effectively, there is a template that is provided when you click New Topic that you actually have to delete in order to write a suggestion that looks like this, there is a sticky at the top of rejected suggestions with this very topic that you would find if you looked for "replay" ... I don't know what else I can possibly do :roll:

MERGED.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby spiesr on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Captain spiesr

Postby chapcrap on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:18 pm

This will no longer be considered to be rejected status. The OP has been updated with a few words and this is MOVED from rejected.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:14 pm

What happens behind the fog, stays behind the fog!!

As mentioned in the OP, the other reason besides server space to reject this is that there is a certain amount of tactical information that can be gleaned from an augmented log. I'd rather see CC work on "dark as night" options which further limit the information that can be seen than this. It's not a strong conviction, but that's the way I would go if it was my choice.
Brigadier agentcom

What about a player ?

Postby BENCLUB on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:01 pm

When a game is close.
We can see what was the differents move of the players.
But it's really difficult and boring to see it in our brain what they are doing.

With a replayer, we could click on "PLAY" and the game restart with the Round 1 : turn 1, turn 2 etc etc
And we could see how the game worked.

Bottom "PAUSE" "STOP" "PLAY" "x3" "x5".

It will be really usefull to learn a map with old games.

PS : Sorry about my english.
Major BENCLUB

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions