Conquer Club

[GO] Unrated, Unranked, or No Points Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby Army of GOD on Tue May 31, 2011 9:13 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
40kguy wrote:I like the idea just a few suggestions

offten times when i feel like ending the game or making it a draw, It is a statement with some people eliminated. How about we spread those points out to the people who can still win. For example me tdans and jsnyder are in the game, but ljex blitz and lindax are eliminated, we split up those points.

Again, this won't be happening. I've had to repeat this over and over and over again over the last few days. This is too easily open up for abuse.

wut

I remember this has been suggested before and the only way I was going to be for it was if it was a unanimous vote and no points were awarded, which Mets picked up. There is absolutely no way this could be abused (well, ok, maybe there is, like if two people who account sit for each other are in a 1v1 and one guy, who's losing, decides to log in to the other one and cancel the game, but that's pretty unlikely).

I fully support this suggestion.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue May 31, 2011 9:24 pm

There's also terminator games. Points would have already been awarded in those games by the time the draw occurs.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Army of GOD on Tue May 31, 2011 9:40 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:There's also terminator games. Points would have already been awarded in those games by the time the draw occurs.

-Sully

I think a draw should give the points back.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue May 31, 2011 9:46 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
40kguy wrote:I like the idea just a few suggestions

offten times when i feel like ending the game or making it a draw, It is a statement with some people eliminated. How about we spread those points out to the people who can still win. For example me tdans and jsnyder are in the game, but ljex blitz and lindax are eliminated, we split up those points.

Again, this won't be happening. I've had to repeat this over and over and over again over the last few days. This is too easily open up for abuse.

wut

I remember this has been suggested before and the only way I was going to be for it was if it was a unanimous vote and no points were awarded, which Mets picked up. There is absolutely no way this could be abused (well, ok, maybe there is, like if two people who account sit for each other are in a 1v1 and one guy, who's losing, decides to log in to the other one and cancel the game, but that's pretty unlikely).

I fully support this suggestion.

I was referring to what 40kguy wrote, that in the result of a tie, the points from the eliminated players would be distributed to the remaining players.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Army of GOD on Tue May 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Oh, my beezy
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue May 31, 2011 10:18 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:There's also terminator games. Points would have already been awarded in those games by the time the draw occurs.

-Sully

I think a draw should give the points back.

Perhaps. In that game type there's no efficient way to collude, because only one of the conspirators can get points -- no sharing of the kill points are allowed, obviously. Another way would be to just change the terminator game type so that points are only awarded at the end of the game.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Re: The "Request a Tie" option (Suggest Armistice)

Postby vonraider on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:00 pm

I like the idea, I have to admit to cracking and mindlessly attacking out of sheer boredom, but I think this option would be abused OFTEN!
Private vonraider

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:07 pm

vonraider wrote:I like the idea, I have to admit to cracking and mindlessly attacking out of sheer boredom, but I think this option would be abused OFTEN!

That's why my idea of -5 points is the best option out there. It'll avoid abuse and the only people who'd agree to are those truly in a deadlock. And it's better than just deadbeating out of it to get it over.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Boler on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
vonraider wrote:I like the idea, I have to admit to cracking and mindlessly attacking out of sheer boredom, but I think this option would be abused OFTEN!

That's why my idea of -5 points is the best option out there. It'll avoid abuse and the only people who'd agree to are those truly in a deadlock. And it's better than just deadbeating out of it to get it over.

Why would people need to lose points? Everyone would be happier AND it still could not be abused if everyone got 0. Or people got points, but only if the game has been going on for 100+ turns in Casual, or 300+ in speed.

Can someone put up a Poll? A group vote is the best solution to everything.
Sergeant 1st Class Boler

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Boler wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

Why would people need to lose points? Everyone would be happier AND it still could not be abused if everyone got 0. Or people got points, but only if the game has been going on for 100+ turns in Casual, or 300+ in speed.

Can someone put up a Poll? A group vote is the best solution to everything.

0 points would be an easy way out for all parties. If all parties lost minimal points, it would discourage the amount of ties that would be selected but for those honest to god stalemates, it would be an option out.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Boler on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:56 am

You're worried that there would be too many ties? Remember, everyone has to agree if a stalemate should be called, and I think that as long as one player thinks s/he has any chance of winning s/he will not agree to the stalemate.

So as long as it is not a true stalemate the game won't be stopped.
Sergeant 1st Class Boler

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Boler wrote:You're worried that there would be too many ties? Remember, everyone has to agree if a stalemate should be called, and I think that as long as one player thinks s/he has any chance of winning s/he will not agree to the stalemate.

So as long as it is not a true stalemate the game won't be stopped.

I think the tie option would be abused if there wasn't a small penalty behind it. I want ties to only happen in true to god stalemates. Not because players set up games to learn maps with friends, then after a few rounds, utilize the tie feature just to nullify the game so that noone loses points.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:44 pm

So where are we on this? Is there anyone out there that is actually opposed to having this option? I'd like to hear your thoughts if so.

Postby Boler on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 pm

No points, no problem.

It will work, and it will bring relief to people in stalemate games, especially for Freemiums.

My vote is Yes.
Sergeant 1st Class Boler

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:08 am

Metsfanmax wrote:So where are we on this? Is there anyone out there that is actually opposed to having this option? I'd like to hear your thoughts if so.

i am opposed to it.

this would allow people to play and learn a map without losing/risking points, making the current scoring system pointless as it ceases to be a reflection of their skill/luck on ALL of the maps they have played and ALL of the games they have played.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:28 am

greenoaks wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:So where are we on this? Is there anyone out there that is actually opposed to having this option? I'd like to hear your thoughts if so.

i am opposed to it.

this would allow people to play and learn a map without losing/risking points, making the current scoring system pointless as it ceases to be a reflection of their skill/luck on ALL of the maps they have played and ALL of the games they have played.

If I were proposing a resign option in a similar manner, I'd agree with you. But the fact is that in most cases you don't expect to be in a stalemate position in the first place. You cannot reliably go into a game and just try to play for a draw even in the new system; there's too many variables that just make it too unlikely. Remember, if even one player does not want the draw, it doesn't happen.

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:00 am

this is still a no points option which has been rejected many times before.

all games are for points.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:08 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

i am opposed to it.

If I were proposing a resign option in a similar manner, I'd agree with you. But the fact is that in most cases you don't expect to be in a stalemate position in the first place. You cannot reliably go into a game and just try to play for a draw even in the new system; there's too many variables that just make it too unlikely. Remember, if even one player does not want the draw, it doesn't happen.

I can take a friend of mine and do exactly as stated by greenoaks. Make it private and as soon as someone is going to win draw the game and play another to learn it.

This has soo many flaws but I am stopping there.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby padsta on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:09 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

i am opposed to it.

greenoaks is right, you would get groups of friends or clanmates playing a whole bunch of new maps with a preset agreement to end the match as a draw once it is near completion with the sole purpose of learning the maps and not risking points. then taking this newfound knowledge of the map and playing random people to gain points.
send me an invite if you are looking for teammate medal
Captain padsta

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:56 am

try to do this in your head. points are always the finish of cc.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Boler on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:48 am

I suggested this the the last time a similar thread was up, but...

How about a time limit?

Only games that have lasted (Insert huge amount here) of hours can use the option.
I doubt anyone will try to freely learn any games with that in effect.
Sergeant 1st Class Boler

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:35 am

Boler wrote:I suggested this the the last time a similar thread was up, but...

How about a time limit?

Only games that have lasted (Insert huge amount here) of hours can use the option.
I doubt anyone will try to freely learn any games with that in effect.

For a premium clan player who has the capability of abusing this system as stated, this would not be a major issue, since it only takes a few seconds to take your turn each day once they got bored with the map and they can have dozens of other games going in the mean time.

You could also prevent a draw option in private games, although of course a clan could still create a public team game and do the same thing if they're quick about it.

Postby blakebowling on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:26 pm

As has been said many, many, many times before.

Rejected due to previous abuse.
Private blakebowling

Postby Qwert on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:41 pm

like i sugested many times, tie abuse will be eliminated,if you add that after 100 rounds , tie button will be activated, and then ,only if all players agree ,game could be announce to be tie. Ofcourse,these only work,when you have minimum of 3 players still alive,if these drop to 2 player, tie button are blocked.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:55 pm

blakebowling wrote:As has been said many, many, many times before.

Rejected due to previous abuse.

Did previous abuse include players accepting the tie still losing points? Noone would give into a tie and lose points if they had a chance to win and gain points.
Sergeant patrickaa317

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions