Conquer Club

[GC] [Foe] Notification of Ignore On Entering Game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Which would be the best option for this?

Have the game be unjoinable/not be able to see it.
17%
Have a page load that tells you are joining a game with a foe, and if you wish to continue.
54%
Have it so a symbol is placed beside a Foe.
28%

Total votes : 46

Re: Notification of Ignore On Entering Game *Pending*

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:17 pm

I am so sick of joining the games of individuals I have foe'd. What's the point of "foe and rate accordingly" if foe'ing someone doesn't keep you out of their games? I mean, seriously...this is ridiculous.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:10 am

Please correct this error in the foe system.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Darwins_Bane on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:20 am

Woodruff wrote:I am so sick of joining the games of individuals I have foe'd. What's the point of "foe and rate accordingly" if foe'ing someone doesn't keep you out of their games? I mean, seriously...this is ridiculous.

Then again...if you think about it...the whole point of the system is to foe the person so that you can avoid them if you want. Other than that, if you choose to interact with them again it's up to you.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby slowreactor on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:02 am

Darwins_Bane wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I am so sick of joining the games of individuals I have foe'd. What's the point of "foe and rate accordingly" if foe'ing someone doesn't keep you out of their games? I mean, seriously...this is ridiculous.

Then again...if you think about it...the whole point of the system is to foe the person so that you can avoid them if you want. Other than that, if you choose to interact with them again it's up to you.

The point is not to completely block you from games they're already in. The point is to WARN you that you're joining a game with a foe in it.
Colonel slowreactor

Postby Darwins_Bane on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:39 am

slowreactor wrote:
Darwins_Bane wrote:

The point is not to completely block you from games they're already in. The point is to WARN you that you're joining a game with a foe in it.

I know, I am in agreement, but he seemed to be asking them to change it so that you could not join games with your foes.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:25 pm

slowreactor wrote:
Darwins_Bane wrote:

My original suggestion (which was merged with this and many, many others) was to make it so that someone could not join games of those on the foe list. However, that being said, I have no problem at all with it just being a warning. MY point is that "foe and you won't have to deal with it" CANNOT AND DOES NOT work unless the foe system works in both directions. As it is, with the "victim" being able to join the game of someone on his foe list, the foe system is made irrelevant and useless. At least the warning would allow me to recognize it's someone on my foe list and I could then avoid them if I wanted to. What kills me is this has been pending since July of 2006. <sigh>

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Yes, this went back and forth, but warning was a compromise.

However, 2 years does seem a very long time for this to still be pending. [sigh]
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:21 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:Yes, this went back and forth, but warning was a compromise.

However, 2 years does seem a very long time for this to still be pending. [sigh]

You misplet "three".

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:23 pm

Woodruff wrote:

You misplet "three".

Lulzes. Misplelings own.

Need this for 8man esc. Neeeeeed.

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Woodruff on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:24 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

You misplet "three".

Lulzes. Misplelings own.

Yes, that was the joke, dude. <chuckle>

Postby Fireside Poet on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:41 pm

It also prevents PMs like these:

"if you are going to have me on your ignore list, please refrane from joining my games in the future. thank you."

:P
Click this logo for more information on joining!
Major Fireside Poet

Postby Woodruff on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Still...

Postby ronsizzle on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:10 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:To get back on topic ... how about making it so that folk's cannot join in the games of those they have foed.

I LOVE THIS IDEA. and it seems like lack is going to do it.

it is handled. thanks lack.
Sergeant 1st Class ronsizzle

Postby Woodruff on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:13 pm

ronc8649 wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:To get back on topic ... how about making it so that folk's cannot join in the games of those they have foed.

Has something changed suddenly? Or is this still in the third-year waiting-for-it period?

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:52 am

Woodruff wrote:
ronc8649 wrote:

Has something changed suddenly? Or is this still in the third-year waiting-for-it period?

There was a thread a while back asking for prioritizing of ideas. I agree that this seems to be in the realm of "something perhaps not major, but easy to fix". However.... maybe there are things we are missing?

Oh, and welcome back Woodruff!
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Is there any hope for this seemingly minor fix to actually be implemented?

Foe list enhancements for a better CC site experience.

Postby SlayerQC on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:53 pm

I realised that the foe option has been added to enhance the members experience, to make the site more enjoyable.
But it's not quite effective.

Sure, it stops whoever was foe'd to enter your games BUT what prevents me to join games with people I've foed?
Nothing.

I cant remember who I foe'd months or years ago... SO, quite often, I end up joining games with people I foe'd.
Not only that I do not want to play with them as they were foed for a reason, but it causes issues at times where I'm talking to them and I do not see their replies because they are foe'd and may think they ignore me.
Same goes the other way around: theuy try to tell me something but they dont know they've been foe'd and may think i'm ignoring them.

Anyways, I'd renewe for a third time if that option was implemented.
Why implement an option and cripple half of it's potential? Doesnt make sense to me.
Sergeant 1st Class SlayerQC

Re: Foe list enhancements for a better CC site experience.

Postby Woodruff on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:00 pm

SlayerQC wrote:I realised that the foe option has been added to enhance the members experience, to make the site more enjoyable.
But it's not quite effective.

Sure, it stops whoever was foe'd to enter your games BUT what prevents me to join games with people I've foed?
Nothing.

I cant remember who I foe'd months or years ago... SO, quite often, I end up joining games with people I foe'd.
Not only that I do not want to play with them as they were foed for a reason, but it causes issues at times where I'm talking to them and I do not see their replies because they are foe'd and may think they ignore me.
Same goes the other way around: theuy try to tell me something but they dont know they've been foe'd and may think i'm ignoring them.

Anyways, I'd renewe for a third time if that option was implemented.
Why implement an option and cripple half of it's potential? Doesnt make sense to me.

Allegedly, a variant of this has been on the PENDING list for more than three years, and there have been repeated posts requesting it over the years. Which shows you that the site's administration really doesn't give a flying f*ck about how many people want it and how much it would help the site.

Postby SlayerQC on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:13 pm

How am I not surprised?
It would only be common sense to fully implement a function they made available, you know, to work both ways.
Can't be that tough to implment since most of it is already coded.

Recently got stuck with someone I foed a while ago.
You know what he did? The same thing as the reason I foed him +vindictiveness this time around.
Most dumb game I've played in a while. Had to play multiple rounds with an inevitable outcome.
Thankfully, he added me to foe this time around which gives me an idea: maybe we should start harassing the ones we foe to add us to the foe list too. That would have the same result as what we want

then when they come whining in masses, management will actaully use common sense and fully implement the function?

(feeling a run of bade dice coming to me soon, you know for speaking out...woudlnt be the first time)

Postby SlayerQC on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:25 pm

I sure hope so.
Seems to be in high demand. I've asked many months ago, got ignored.

Since management obviously seems to not care, would it be possible for someone to build an app/add-on that would do just that? Like all the other apps. Took lack SOOOO long to figure out BOB was the way to go he just now figured out it would be beneficial and added the same functions this week. Dont really want to wait that long for such an option.

It doesnt have to be set-up the way the OP wants it. As long as we cant join games with foe'd players, whichever convenient way it's set-up, I'd be happy.

My premium is about to expire, and...there's other places to play. A limit of 4games simply wont be enough but why would we donate if we're not heard?

Postby mccallan25 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:30 pm

yes I run into this a lot myself since I do foe a lot of people. Says something about me eh? Great idea!
Corporal 1st Class mccallan25

Postby Woodruff on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:52 am

Postby vodean on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:20 am

what games would KLOBBER be able to join? most of the site is on his foe list.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby ben79 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:31 pm

can CC apply the foe thing so people who foed me can't join my games
should be easy to do so why not doing it ?
thanks
Lieutenant ben79

Postby Timminz on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:29 pm

vodean wrote:what games would KLOBBER be able to join? most of the site is on his foe list.

KLOBBER doesn't join games.
Captain Timminz

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions