Conquer Club

ratings tags

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Do you like this suggestion?

Yes, I like the suggestion as it currently is.
75%
No, I don't like the suggestion.
13%
I'm indifferent as to the outcome.
6%
I feel more needs to get worked out before this suggestion moves forward.
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: Show the most common rating tags received on player prof

Postby Jatekos on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:55 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:Sure, a lot of people don't use tags, and a lot of people just leave 5 stars across the board no matter what, but that doesn't mean they're useless. If one person leaves a tag of "Rude" or "Deadbeat", it could be a fluke. But what if, say 20 people have left those tags in the last few months? It could be useful information. I like the idea. For the reasons I just stated, I think 2 stipulations should be added:

1) Only tags left in a certain time frame should be noted. People can change, and a rude player who gets his act together shouldn't be punished for his old ways.
2) There should be a minimum # of the same tag before they're displayed. You shouldn't be flagged with poor tags because you ran into a couple jerks recently.

1) I oppose this one, for the same reason as I would not like 'Give Ratings a Lifetime or Fill Zone' to be implemented. Simply, the more ratings and the more tags the better. The result is less biaised, and more accurate, because they reflect more people's opinion.
Yes, there are rude players, but why would we want to hide them? If they get less rude then their ratings and their tags will also reflect the change. This is obviously a gradual process, if they have been rude for long (I think this is not something someone playing normally should worry about).
By the way, this info is already available, but on several pages of ratings. I only intend to highlight the most important ones. If someone has been rude / friendly recently, then their ratings already reflect their attributes, I believe.

2) Is there a minimum number of ratings to be achieved before the current averages are displayed for the rating of different attributes?
Major Jatekos

Postby pmchugh on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Jatekos wrote:
pmchugh wrote:
Jatekos wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:Now, most people only use tags when something extraordinary happens.

Would you say that the good strategy, quick and friendly tags you received mostly (on your first page) were given because of extraordinary circumstances, and they are wrongly describing your behaviour?

To be honest I'm pretty sure 80% of people will have those three rating as their top 3.

I am not so sure.Tags like complainer, deadbeat, poor strategy, bad teammate and silent are also popular for certain players, especially towards the end of the scoreboard.

You can usually spot them guys anyway, I suppose it gives a little meaning to the rating number.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Jatekos on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:40 pm

pmchugh wrote:
Jatekos wrote:
pmchugh wrote:
Jatekos wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:Now, most people only use tags when something extraordinary happens.

Would you say that the good strategy, quick and friendly tags you received mostly (on your first page) were given because of extraordinary circumstances, and they are wrongly describing your behaviour?

To be honest I'm pretty sure 80% of people will have those three rating as their top 3.

I am not so sure.Tags like complainer, deadbeat, poor strategy, bad teammate and silent are also popular for certain players, especially towards the end of the scoreboard.

You can usually spot them guys anyway, I suppose it gives a little meaning to the rating number.

It would help to spot them more easily and to prepare for their actions in advance if you play with them.
Major Jatekos

Re: ratings tags

Postby blakebowling on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:22 pm

I like this.

Other opinions?
Private blakebowling

Postby 40kguy on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:27 pm

This was already suggested.
16:00:18 ā€¹Pixarā€ŗ Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby blakebowling on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Find me the thread and I'll merge them. I just found this on the bottom while cleaning up the forum.
Private blakebowling

Postby Jatekos on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Major Jatekos

Postby blakebowling on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Merged
Private blakebowling

Postby patsfan12 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:35 pm

popcorn
Lieutenant patsfan12

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm in favour.

They might not be entirely accurate, or give you an enormous amount of information, but I think they give a rough-and-ready summation of what kind of player you are.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby tkr4lf on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:15 am

I like this suggestion as well. Many times while playing speed games I come across players with 4.1's, 4.5's, etc., and then I have to spend a good 5 minutes going through all their ratings to see why they have such a low rating. This would definitely speed up the process and make it easier to identify deadbeats (the type of player I most loathe) and rude people (the second to worst type of player, IMO). I would love to see this go through.

Maybe a poll to see the number of people who would support this?
Major tkr4lf

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:17 am

VERY good suggestion. I agree that star ratings mean virtually nothing to most players so why do they take precedence? Showing the dirt and/or positive aspects of players would be so much more useful.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Bubonic76 on Sat May 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Just my two cents - Maybe do a poll with a group of 5 or 10 new options to select when giving a rating. My personal choice would be a "Noob-basher" option to give to higher ranking members who only play lower-ranked opponents to increase their win percentage.
Sergeant 1st Class Bubonic76

Postby zimmah on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:49 pm

i support this idea
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:53 am

I like this a lot, if I do say so myself.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions