Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 58: 01-11-2011] Pandering to You!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 58: 01-11-2011] Pandering to You!

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:22 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 58th edition of the Dispatch! I was fairly garrulous in my introduction to the War Games section (below) so I will compensate by being unusually sententious up here in the main introduction. After ten months and four days on the newsletter staff, I have for the first time been trusted with the task of taking a turn as overall publisher. Of course, I repaid the trust of my comrades by devising a technical conundrum that had Leehar and Victor Sullivan up all night pulling their hair out as they tried to fix it. I think after today they'll put me back in my playpen with some nice colouring books and some soft crayons!

This issue is absolutely full of great stuff. Look for a sneak preview of Bra Wars, episode 4, which alone is worth the price of admission. I won't tell you where to look for it; you'll just have to enjoy the process of discovery! Pander88uk answers questions from the visitors' gallery, Isaiah40 has a buoyant interview with Industrial Helix, alt1978 reports on the dramatic rise to stardom of several new clans, thehippo8 provides an almost encyclopedic overview of some copyright precedents relevant to our mapmakers, and the Magister Omnia Banana himself makes a special guest appearance in War Games. Have fun exploring!

Dukasaur - Newsletter Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Hello again everyone, and welcome again to the Freestyle Section. We have another Insider for your mafia edification, and an interview with Pander88uk for your reading pleasure.

I've also come up with some nice Halloween themed ideas, free of charge. No need to credit me if you decide to use them, I kept the really good ones to myself ;) .

-safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

Halloween Ideas for CC by safariguy5
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of Pander88uk

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments! I am really thrilled with the way our section is developing. We now have four excellent writers on board (you could stretch it to five if you wanted to be generous to me.) In theory I am their editor, but in practice my "editing" is limited to a few (infrequent) suggestions for improvement and cleaning up an occasional missed underline. These guys never require any hard editing of the kind one is used to doing with volunteer publications. They are just so good, and so professional, and reading the stuff they produce is an absolute delight.

This issue, we launch our newest feature, Meet the Tournament Organisers, which will complement and parallel our existing series, Meet the Tournament Winners. This issue, WorldCup4James has produced the former, while I have produced the latter, but this is not intended to be a fixed division of labour: we both intend to produce interviews of both kinds, and mix and match as we go to keep it fresh. I hope you really enjoy the interviews, the former with fuzzy316 and the latter with EBConquer.

We could hardly avoid mention of CC's new supertournament, the Conquer Cup. In this issue, AndyDufresne makes a special guest appearance to begin our coverage. We will have more in every issue.

Our newest recruit is DaveH, who has come on board to write a series on the nuts-and-bolts of tournament organizing. Like all our other reporters, Dave is an experienced Tournament Organiser himself. And like sonicsteve, he is from Devonshire. Do you suppose there's a conspiracy afoot? Ha! If these guys have half the chutzpah that Sir Francis Drake brought to the table, they will have us conquered (or should I say Conquered) in no time! Dave's first column will be fairly basic, but he will soon be delving into more advanced and complicated issues of tournament organisation. If you have a question about tournaments that you think he should be covering, by all means send him a message.

Angola is on leave; he will have another TPA Update for us in the next issue. Sonicsteve has produced another Join This? Or Not! column. Those keep getting bigger and better; there are just so many exciting new tournaments being launched.

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Continuing Coverage of the Conquer Cup: 1 by AndyDufresne
show

Meet the Tournament Organisers! by WorldCup4James
show: interview with Fuzzy316

Meet the Tournament Winners! by Dukasaur
show: interview with ebconquer

Tournament Tips: by DaveH
show: getting started

Join This? Or Not! by sonicsteve
show

EXCITEMENT!!! A new mapmaker, nrds, recently won the Papua New Guinea contest and a new map is available for play only in Game 10000000 by our own samuelc812! Though we have just three articles for you, I think you'll enjoy them to the fullest, especially isaiah40's Interview with the recently re-inducted Industrial Helix, regarding what happened to him and beyond!

Happy Halloween,
Victor Sullivan
Foundry Executive

Interview with Industrial Helix by isaiah40
show

Copyright - Woo-ooo-oooh! by thehippo8
show

Censorship koontz1973
show

This Issue the inimitable Alt comes up with an enticing view of the spate of upsets traversing through the clan scene, primarily in the ACC arena. The main outlier of course being the continued unbeaten charge of The Pack, who extend their unbeaten run to 7 challenges, getting close to the 8/9 and 11/12 benchmarks of Tofu and Thota respectively.
In other news the Final Foursome in the Conquerors Cup seems to be as close as ever. While Kort seem to have eked out a win against Empire, the Tsm-Thota seems to be locked in a dead heat that can only perhaps be resolved in extra time. All eyes eagerly await the outcome.
Leehar
Clan Executive

Upsetting Trend by Alt1978
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of squishyg. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with squishyg

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to safariguy5 and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team
Last edited by Victor Sullivan on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Minor edits.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 58: 01/11/2011] Pandering to You!

Postby squishyg on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:30 pm

my name is improperly capitalized. what kind of an operation are you running here?
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby DiM on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:48 pm

COOL
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:38 pm

Fixed!

squishyg wrote:my name is improperly capitalized. what kind of an operation are you running here?

Just checking if you're awake..:P
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby squishyg on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:47 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Fixed!

squishyg wrote:my name is improperly capitalized. what kind of an operation are you running here?

Just checking if you're awake..:P

I'm very awake! It's still miscapitalized in the link ;-) Thanks for actually changing it! I couldn't even get natty to do that during the sig contest. Lol!
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:22 pm

Agreed. I didn't subjugate squish so that you could give her a Capital S. Geez.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby squishyg on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:48 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:

Agreed. I didn't subjugate squish so that you could give her a Capital S. Geez.

Sorry guvnor, I wasn't trying to put on airs!
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Return to Newsletter Issues