Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 69: 11-04-12] 69ing the Conqueror

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 69: 11-04-12] 69ing the Conqueror

Postby DiM on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:20 pm

safariguy5 wrote:If you believe something broke forum rules, by all means, report it and the mods will take another look at it.

Honestly, I think the questions were less cordial this interview than every interview I've done before it. One can only do so much.

oh come on don't hide behind forum rules.
people use very explicit curses throughout the forums. that doesn't mean the newsletter should start doing the same.

in the next issue will you say "f*ck him and f*ck her and suck this and suck that"? cause according to the forum rules you're free to do it.... :roll:

when joining team CC i was expressly told i'm supposed to respect and impose the highest moral standards. that i should not tarnish the CC name with indecency and immorality. i believe all (or most) of the people contributing to the newsletter agreed to the same thing.
and now you're publishing something that's anything but decent and moral and you have the nerve to hide behind forum guidelines.
i'm known for being a hot head and that i can hurt people's feelings but i never cursed anybody and yet this was an important issue when i applied for an official position. hurting someone's feelings even without the use of curses was considered a big no-no so i was told i can't do it.

don't get me wrong safari, i'm not pointing the finger at you. if anybody is to be considered responsible for this then it's sully for ultimately he's the one with the veto right. also he's one of the people who told me i must carefully consider my attitude and stance now that i'm teamCC. kinda hypocritical if you ask me.

anyway, discussing this is futile now. what's done is done.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby tkr4lf on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:37 pm

Q. If I (tkr4lf) were an ice cream sundae, how would you eat me? Please describe as graphically as possible.
To clarify, tkr4lf IS an ice cream sundae – and I would not, because his buddies are probably busy eating him. Proof: you sound lumpy, nutty and like you’ve full of cream.

GLG, if you're reading this...you didn't answer my question. You just called me an ice cream sundae, which was kind of the premise of the whole question (although to be fair, your description of me was delicious). What gives?
Major tkr4lf

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:00 pm

DiM wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:If you believe something broke forum rules, by all means, report it and the mods will take another look at it.

Honestly, I think the questions were less cordial this interview than every interview I've done before it. One can only do so much.

oh come on don't hide behind forum rules.
people use very explicit curses throughout the forums. that doesn't mean the newsletter should start doing the same.

in the next issue will you say "f*ck him and f*ck her and suck this and suck that"? cause according to the forum rules you're free to do it.... :roll:

when joining team CC i was expressly told i'm supposed to respect and impose the highest moral standards. that i should not tarnish the CC name with indecency and immorality. i believe all (or most) of the people contributing to the newsletter agreed to the same thing.
and now you're publishing something that's anything but decent and moral and you have the nerve to hide behind forum guidelines.
i'm known for being a hot head and that i can hurt people's feelings but i never cursed anybody and yet this was an important issue when i applied for an official position. hurting someone's feelings even without the use of curses was considered a big no-no so i was told i can't do it.

don't get me wrong safari, i'm not pointing the finger at you. if anybody is to be considered responsible for this then it's sully for ultimately he's the one with the veto right. also he's one of the people who told me i must carefully consider my attitude and stance now that i'm teamCC. kinda hypocritical if you ask me.

anyway, discussing this is futile now. what's done is done.

Well, see, now this is a different argument; now you argue that I am not abiding by the moral standard that TeamCC moderators are to uphold. I am appalled that you have decided to drag my name through the mud in this fashion. Allow me to rebut.

Gen.LeeGettinhed's answers to the community's questions should not and are not a reflection of myself. Just because GLG decided to say some suggestive and borderline baiting/flaming statements, does not mean that I am agreeing with what GLG is saying, explicitly or implicitly. As Chief Executive of the Dispatch, I will take responsibility for including all of its content (and I assure you I am more than proud of every issue that is posted in this forum, including this one), however the views and opinions expressed in articles and interviews I do not necessarily agree with, nor do I have to. I am not going to go through and edit every tidbit that I or someone else might disagree with - that nearly defeats the purpose of this newsletter. Censoring a medium like this almost seems hypocritical, does it not? Sure, if Gen.LeeGettinhed's interview responses included bigotry or something equally undesirable by the vast majority of the population of Conquer Club and also (therefore) a violation of the Community Guidelines, then of course it would be edited out, as it is considered to be universally offensive and does not increase or enhance the experience of reading this newsletter, and I think people would still be able to pick up the way that interviewee has presented him or herself.

If you have anything more to say about me specifically, PM me, report me to my Team Leader, Gilligan, and/or report me to the Community Manager, AndyDufresne. Anymore talk about my integrity or the like in this thread will be considered trolling, and you will be reported, however you are still free to talk about the interrogation.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby DiM on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Sure, if Gen.LeeGettinhed's interview responses included bigotry or something equally undesirable by the vast majority of the population of Conquer Club and also (therefore) a violation of the Community Guidelines, then of course it would be edited out, as it is considered to be universally offensive and does not increase or enhance the experience of reading this newsletter,

why wouldn't bigotry be published? it's hugely present in a lot of topics from GD or OT so people obviously don't find this very offensive otherwise all those threads would be locked.

how about religious views? would you publish that? what if the responses of an interviewee would offend somebody's religion? there's plenty of religion bashing going on in the forums, so again, it's not something the majority would find undesirable?

what other decency rules would the newsletter be prepared to break?

i'm assuming that if the vast majority of the community doesn't consider a subject undesirable, then you're willing to publish it.
if racism would fall in that category would you publish it? how about nazi propaganda?

or better yet. will the newsletter sink to the lowest moral point the majority agrees on?

if the newsletter would be a scandal magazine i'd be ok with it cause in the real world scandal sells and those magazines want to make a profit. you're not making a profit here, the newsletter is not a money machine so "scandal sells" doesn't apply here. if you're doing a voluntary thing out of passion at least strive to set a moral example.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby codeblue1018 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Master Fenrir wrote:I feel that in the spirit of the interview itself, we need to make a clarification about the title of this newsletter. The only people 69ing the conqueror are women. GLG is into women. He has a rl gf.

Could a "tranny" be referred to as a girlfriend? Just curious.

Not exactly sure on the exact number it was referenced, four I believe, however, what does beating Kiron/MC in ONE doubles game mean anyway? This must have been a monumental feat as it was referenced several times. Perhaps a ten game series would be able to tell true doubles talant a little more accurately than one game? :roll: :lol:

Edit;
Kiron/MC were referenced 6 times total, 5 of which pertained to the fact that Kiron/MC were beat; Unless my eyes are playing tricks in me, which is entirely possible I guess. :lol:
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby Crazyirishman on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Master Fenrir wrote:I feel that in the spirit of the interview itself, we need to make a clarification about the title of this newsletter. The only people 69ing the conqueror are women. GLG is into women. He has a rl gf.

f*ck you, I cant quit laughing

Also I feel like my question was not answered properly. I proposed a hypothetical scenario to which GLG did not respond appropriately.

Q. Suppose I'm (Crazyirishman) that cutie you've been texting for the last few weeks and I just friendzoned you, how would you respond?
I don’t think you are cute – and I already have a rl gf
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Aradhus on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:

f*ck you, I cant quit laughing

He claimed multiple times to have a girlfriend and twice denied being behind with the rent. At this point I think it is safe to assume repressed sexuality and/or pathological liar.
Major Aradhus

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:07 pm

ANALOGIES:
There are several famous quotes that come to mind about this article. They go something like this:

"be careful what you ask for -- for you will surely get it"
"don't ask a question that you don't want to know the answer to"
"arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig. you both get dirty, and the pig has fun"

EDITS:
They DID edit somewhat -- particularly some Q's and a few parts of answers (if not all of some -- there were so many)

Why did they edit out my answer to Chari- about his holiday card? you know, about the fire/brimstone probably burning up his cards before they arrives? wtF?

JOURNALISTIC IMPARTIALITY:
Quoting the Dispatch's "chief executive" (rotf lmFAo on that one):
- 69ing the Conqueror
- "lovely" interrogation of the infamous ranching Conquerer, Gen.LeeGettinhed.
- Some answer may be considered "baiting" or "flaming" by some.
- Everyone can see GLG for who he is (on this forum)
. . .and Editors are supposed to be impartial? wow, maybe I buy the imp part. On #3 he admits it was reviewed, so note it as "reviewed and allowed -- but R rated".

OVERALL:
From responses I've seen and PM's I've gotten, half enjoyed it, a few not so much. so it sounds like a middle-of-the-road concensus was arrived at. Not a whole lot different than US politics.
Field Marshal Gen.LeeGettinhed

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)

Postby Commander62890 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Your comments can't even be considered flames, because we don't take you seriously.
Your sad attempts at flames only incite laughter - seriously, Ljex and I were cracking up as we read the newsletter... you're nuts.

I mean, it's absolutely incredible to me that you actually think your comments were in any way witty. Instead, rather than make yourself "look good," and make fun of your detractors, all you've done is further prove to us how insane you really are. Aradhus has it right...
GLG - you need help, man.

It's just astonishing that you can't see how your words do not serve to demean your detractors in any way, shape or form...
What most of us see is just a sad, sad man with a broken personality.

I suppose we really ought to pity you... but, I'm not that nice a person. I just can't help but laugh!
Major Commander62890

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 am

Gen.LeeGettinhed wrote:JOURNALISTIC IMPARTIALITY:
Quoting the Dispatch's "chief executive" (rotf lmFAo on that one):
- 69ing the Conqueror
- "lovely" interrogation of the infamous ranching Conquerer, Gen.LeeGettinhed.
- Some answer may be considered "baiting" or "flaming" by some.
- Everyone can see GLG for who he is (on this forum)
. . .and Editors are supposed to be impartial? wow, maybe I buy the imp part. On #3 he admits it was reviewed, so note it as "reviewed and allowed -- but R rated".

Our editing was impartial (i.e. the meaning behind your statements was not altered); our opinions on the matter may be biased, though in general I'd say I wouldn't express an opinion in a Dispatch that was unpopular. I was still probably less biased than Fox News :P

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:15 pm

Commander62890 wrote:Your comments can't even be considered flames, because we don't take you seriously.
Your sad attempts at flames only incite laughter - seriously, Ljex and I were cracking up as we read the newsletter... you're nuts.

I mean, it's absolutely incredible to me that you actually think your comments were in any way witty. Instead, rather than make yourself "look good," and make fun of your detractors, all you've done is further prove to us how insane you really are. Aradhus has it right...
GLG - you need help, man.

It's just astonishing that you can't see how your words do not serve to demean your detractors in any way, shape or form...
What most of us see is just a sad, sad man with a broken personality.

I suppose we really ought to pity you... but, I'm not that nice a person. I just can't help but laugh!

+1

The answers were everything I expected.....and more.

Thank you TeamCC for affording him the opportunity to entertain us a little more :lol: =D>
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby natty dread on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:34 am

[Mod Edit]
Last edited by Victor Sullivan on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Your report was dealt with; leave it be.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby grifftron on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:05 am

I am disappointed in the CC Dispatch team in general, its funny how you can't use naughty pics anywhere on the site but you can use "69ing the Conqueror" as the label of this newsletter... grow up
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:38 am

grifftron wrote:I am disappointed in the CC Dispatch team in general, its funny how you can't use naughty pics anywhere on the site but you can use "69ing the Conqueror" as the label of this newsletter... grow up

Given that it's Issue #69 and also given the Conqueror's chosen name it didn't really seem that inappropriate. I hadn't given it a passing thought until you mentioned it tbh.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby grifftron on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:16 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:
grifftron wrote:I am disappointed in the CC Dispatch team in general, its funny how you can't use naughty pics anywhere on the site but you can use "69ing the Conqueror" as the label of this newsletter... grow up

Given that it's Issue #69 and also given the Conqueror's chosen name it didn't really seem that inappropriate. I hadn't given it a passing thought until you mentioned it tbh.

What does it refer to? 69ing the Conqueror I mean?
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:25 am

grifftron wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:

i'm with *cough* CoF here. the name didn't bother me in the slightest
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby grifftron on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:41 am

greenoaks wrote:
grifftron wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:

i'm with *cough* CoF here. the name didn't bother me in the slightest

There has got to be something wrong with it if you two are on the same page.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:55 pm

chapcrap wrote:I always love the tournament section!!

Thanks chap!

:D
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:38 pm

Alrighty, I think I'm gonna lock this one up now.

[Locked]

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Next

Return to Newsletter Issues