Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 74.4: 23-06-12] Cartographic Surveillance

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 74.4: 23-06-12] Cartographic Surveillance

Postby Leehar on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:04 pm

So much happening in the Foundry right now! And here in the newsletter give a warm welcome to our newest reporter nolefan5311 (to add to his other talents) =D>

Once again we are grateful for our roving reporter extraordinaire koontz1973's continuing story of the ever-changing foundry in his News and Maps in Development. Meanwhile, nolefan5311 brings us an interesting article entitled D-Day and other battles about ... well ... err ... D-Day and other battles! We are in luck this issue with a triple-serving of koontz1973 as he brings us an article entitled All in the Name ... can a Rose by any other name smell so sweet? Finally, I get all introspective about what you can do with a Story. Lot's to read and so much to do, enjoy this feast of cerebral pleasure.

And a few words from Oscar Wilde:

Technique is really personality. That is the reason why the artist cannot teach it, why the pupil cannot learn it, and why the aesthetic critic can understand it. To the great poet, there is only one method of music -- his own. To the great painter, there is only one manner of painting -- that which he himself employs. The aesthetic critic, and the aesthetic critic alone, can appreciate all forms and all modes. It is to him that Art makes her appeal.

thehippo8 -- Foundry Executive

News koontz1973
show

Maps in Development koontz1973
show

D-Day and Other Battles by nolefan5311
show

All in the Name koontz1973
show

Tell Your Story by thehippo8
show

If you would like to apply to join the Foundry News Team, PM Foundry Executive, thehippo8!

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story for the Foundry section you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to thehippo8 and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Foundry News Team

show
Colonel Leehar

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 74.4: 23-06-12] Cartographic Surveill

Postby natty dread on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:44 am

pigland was a parody map that was never intended to be developed :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:39 am

natty dread wrote:pigland was a parody map that was never intended to be developed :roll:

Funnily enough, Koontz pointed that out to me also but it suited me to keep it in the article as it fitted my purposes in explaining my point. Mind you I still smile every time I see it and wish to this day that it'd be more than a parody! Oink-oink!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby DiM on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:25 pm

natty dread wrote:pigland was a parody map that was never intended to be developed :roll:

sadly i think piglandia would actually fly through the foundry right now. it certainly looks better than some maps we have in final forge and the gameplay would be a breeze especially if i go with something classic as there's hardly anybody left active in the foundry to complain.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:46 pm

DiM wrote:

sadly i think piglandia would actually fly through the foundry right now. it certainly looks better than some maps we have in final forge and the gameplay would be a breeze especially if i go with something classic as there's hardly anybody left active in the foundry to complain.

And there's so many funny things you can do. My vote is you carry on with it! :ugeek:
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby natty dread on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:55 pm

DiM wrote:

Sadly I think you're actually right.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Return to Newsletter Issues