Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 98: 29-06-2013] Bowl Me Over!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 98: 29-06-2013] Bowl Me Over!

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 98th edition of the Dispatch :)

Just when you were telling all your friends that the Dispatch is "always late" we decided to bring you this issue two days early! Showed you, didn't we? The explanation is that I'm off for a week and I wanted to get this out before I left. A big thank you to all our staff for working to my accelerated deadline!

And while we're on the subject of holidays:

Image Happy Canada Day to our Canadian readers (July 1st)! Image

Image Happy Independence Day to our American readers (July 4th)! Image

Image Happy Fete Nationale (Bastille Day) to our French readers (July 14th!)

Okay, here's what we have on tap for you: In our Leading Section we have the results of the "Why did the hippo leave?" contest.

The first major section is Mess Hall and Interrogation Room, which includes not only Safariguy's Mafia Insider but also the answers to your questions for blakebowling.

The Platoon Report covers all aspects of the Clan scene.

War Games has the TPA update and more!

Cartographic Surveillance includes what's new in the Foundry. Some amazing maps in development -- if you haven't looked lately then maybe you should.

Finally, our Next Mission Brief includes such things as the closing credits and information on how to subscribe. It also includes our second-ever Classified Ad.

Dukasaur - Chief Executive

Why did the hippo leave? (Contest results)

Seven writers took their shot at explaining why the hippo left, and I assembled a panel of eight illustrious judges to look at their work. Our first place winner stood head-and-shoulders above all others. Scoring 44 out of a possible 56 points, Keefie takes first place.
show: keefies entry

Keefie wins a GA medal and a Conquer Cup entry!

In second place, we have an entry by Roussallier, entitled "Of Hippos and Men."
show: roussalliers entry

In third place, DoomYoshi's effort, which links the hippo's disappearance to current events:
show: doomyoshis entry

Both Roussallier and DoomYoshi win Conquer Cup entries!

I just have to mention the 4th place entry, by DaveH. It didn't win any prizes, but it's very cute, and fits in perfectly with some of our other content (hint: read this issue's Join This Or Not):
show: davehs entry

Thanks to all of the above, and our other contestants: SirSebstar, betiko, and jonesthecurl.

Another contest is coming in next week!

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)
Click here for Recruitment Details...
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Mess Hall and Interrogation Room

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Hello Freestyle readers. I've got another Scum Insider, and blakebowling talks about monuments, responsibilities, and bowling.
You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of blakebowling
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Platoon Report

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Welcome to another edition of the platoon report!

Once again, qwert and IcePack are going to make you life a little easier, each with their own quick look at the biggest events in the clan world! For this edition, qwert talked to mcshanester about the Premier League, and gives an update on the scores from the first two rounds of Conquer Cup 5. Meanwhile, IcePack reports in on the latest in all 16 ongoing wars in Conquer Cup 4, including many that now have winners.

Much more to come next edition, so enjoy and stay tuned to the Platoon Report!

Swifte
Clan Executive

Clan League 5 - Standings and Interview by qwert
show

CC4 Score Update by IcePack
show
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

War Games

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Hello my friends, and welcome to your favourite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments, and other stuff in the Tournament scene!

It is my honour and privilege to be taking over Dukasaur's recently vacated office as Tournament Executive for the CC Dispatch, and I am flattered that he has entrusted me with this role despite my short duration of service with the Tournament Team. He has certainly left very large shoes to fill with all that he has done for the Tournament Team, and so I can only hope that my feet will somehow start to grow bigger!

In this issue, DaveH once again shares his Excel-lent tips to aid the everyday Tournament Organiser with those daunting spreadsheets, and we continue to deliver our usual updates with DaveH's TPA Wrap and my Join This? Or Not! section. Enjoy!

anamainiacks
Tournament Executive

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by anamainiacks
show
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Cartographic Surveillance

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:55 pm

The foundry is all abuzz with excitement for a number of reasons, but mainly for the new Great Conquer Community Map, which has been declared to be ManBungalow's currently unnamed beauty. Congratulations to him, and a job well done for all of his hard work. A special thanks to Koontz1973 for all of his time, energy, and hard work putting this great contest together, and to everyone involved. Check out the results in his recap below.

There are some new maps in development, and better yet, new map makers entering the Drafting Room, and after 5 years lanyards is back with an amazing out-of-nowhere update to his Bering Strait map, which Koonts1973 highlights below. Since our last Issue I hope you've played dana1971's 4 Star Meats, if so, be sure to stop by the thread and leave your thoughts. Feedback is the only way mapmakers know what they are doing is right, or wrong.

And now, on with the show.

Seamus76 -- Foundry Executive

Maps in Development by Seamus76
show

#GCCM EndGame - Results by koontz1973
show

Spotlight on Bering Strait by koontz1973
show

And as Alex Berger said, "Maps are the foundation on which adventure is built." Enjoy.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Next Mission Brief

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of Great-Ollie. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with Great-Ollie

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Dukasaur and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

Our Classified Ad for this Issue:
OutSider wrote:Hello fellow C.C.ers... FOED has unlocked the doors and is letting in a few new VIP members. We are looking for drinkers and non-drinkers alike. Looking to become part of the trendiest clan around? Join the team at FOED! Contact head of security OutSider to get more info on this special opportunity!

That is our second Classified Ad ever. Starting with Issue 99 we will have a separate section for them.

We always need more help. Please consider volunteering with the Dispatch. Contact any of the Executives listed below to offer your services!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 98: 29-06-2013] Bowl Me Over!

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:03 am

Publication date June 29th, 2013.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Leehar on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:34 am

I just had to find out what the tortoise was about!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:21 am

Icepack - FYI - TFFS won against VVV, it's backwards in the dispatch. Thanks.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=441&t=190843
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Swifte on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:00 am

patrickaa317 wrote:Icepack - FYI - TFFS won against VVV, it's backwards in the dispatch. Thanks.

lol, i thought that was a pretty crazy upset when i saw it in his article... I should've double-checked it. I've corrected it in the article now. Congrats to TFFS!
Colonel Swifte

Postby IcePack on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:15 pm

Swifte wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:Icepack - FYI - TFFS won against VVV, it's backwards in the dispatch. Thanks.

lol, i thought that was a pretty crazy upset when i saw it in his article... I should've double-checked it. I've corrected it in the article now. Congrats to TFFS!

Funny, I had it right in all my other articles and even predicted / knew that TFFS was winning and going to win. I dont know how i missed that, but thanks for pointing it out :)

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Qwert on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:43 pm

You are so naive, what sell most newspapers? Fake and intrigue news. Icepack just try to sold more copies of CC newsletter and make this twist.

For next issue read some new unbelievable news, ofcourse our sources are top secret, and every news are 100% true :-$
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:53 pm

lol, thanks guys. And good point qwert, I'll take that more into consideration going forward. ;)
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:28 am

No love for Baltic States :( Must be an oversight. :) Good work!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Frox333 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:09 pm

btw dukasaur, you say comrades too? hmmmmm, maybe you are me except through a worm hole...cauz that's how I greet every1...
Major Frox333

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:14 am

Frox333 wrote:btw dukasaur, you say comrades too? hmmmmm, maybe you are me except through a worm hole...cauz that's how I greet every1...

Actually, the "Greetings, comrades" has been part of Dispatch tradition since Issue 24. Samuelc812 started that. The Dispatch got a facelift in Issue 23 with a new military theme and new graphics, and the comrades in arms was seen as a way to reinforce it. Every CC publisher has used it since.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Newsletter Issues