Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 103: 9-16-2013] Return of SOS Africa

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 103: 9-16-2013] Return of SOS Africa

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 103rd edition of the Dispatch :) Swifte here, and I must say I'm very happy to be bringing you another fine edition of the only Conquer Club Newsletter out there! We know you have no choice when it comes to where to get your CC news, and so we will just have to keep providing it! :lol:

With the pace of change around Conquer Club since the new administration began, there is much to talk about yet again!
Here's a look at all the late-breaking news:

Late-breaking News and Announcements
show

Here's what we have on tap for you this issue:

The first regular section is Mess Hall, which has a neat feature on turns in a game by StubbsKVM and the Dispatch's own Dukasaur as well as the Scum Insider and a look at all the events going on with SOS Africa. The planned interview of Qwert will be published in a future edition.

The Platoon Report covers all aspects of the Clan scene, including an exclusive look at the entries in the Clan Icon contest.

War Games reaches a milestone in the Meet the Tournament... interview series, and is offering a contest with multiple General Achievement Medals available, in addition to their great regular features on the Tournament world.

Cartographic Surveillance includes a report on the current maps in development, and a close look at the Phantasia Altitudinis map.

Finally, our Next Mission Brief includes such things as the closing credits and information on how to subscribe.

Swifte - Chief Executive for a day

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)
Click here for Recruitment Details...
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Mess Hall and Interrogation Room

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Welcome back Freestylers. Stubbs takes on a new opponent, we have a new Scum Insider, and I write about SOS Africa and the new events we hare having.

You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

SoC: Following a Student by StubbsKVM
Stubbs and Dukasaur square off in a game with thoughts from both sides.

Turn 1 by StubbsKVM
show

Turn 2 by StubbsKVM
show

Turn 2 by Dukasaur
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

SOS Africa CC Event by safariguy5
show
Captain safariguy5

Platoon Report

Postby Swifte on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Welcome to another issue of the Platoon Report, where we're keeping you up to date on everything going on in the CC Clan world.

First up I have a friendly reminder that the Clan Directors are looking for a few more dedicated volunteers to join their team, and applications are still being accepted. For more details, see this post. Follow the instructions and get your applications in as soon as possible.

This issue, clan freelance reporter trinicardinal goes to great lengths to bring us a report live from battlefield of the 3rd 1v1 Clan Challenge. We thank him for his dedication and wish him a safe return!

As has been announced, Qwert has resigned his post as organizer of the Clan League 5 event, and Keefie has taken the reigns. Many thanks to Qwert for his dedication in running such a massive event as CL5, as well as regularly reporting here on the event. Due to the transition, we don't have a full article this time around, but we do have the updated League Tables for you. Stay tuned to next issue for a more thorough report! Another of our regular reporters, IcePack, is taking a well-deserved rest from reporting this week, so we'll get a full update on CC4 next issue as well.

We do have one last piece of news! Early in September the Clan Directors announced a contest for a new design to clan icons, which are expected to be integrated into the site in more ways thanks to efforts of the new site administration. The entries are in, and a vote has been put to the members of the Clan Directors & Friends group. Our last article below reveals the four options on which the clan representatives will be voting.

Swifte
Clan Executive

3rd 1v1 Clan Challenge Report by trinicardinal
show

Updated CL5 Tables as compiled by Keefie
show

New Clan Icon Entries by Anonymous
show
Colonel Swifte

War Games

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:52 am

Hello friends, and welcome to your favourite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments, and other stuff in the Tournament scene! We have another meaty issue this week (or for our vegetarian readers, a 'vegetably' issue), with 5 General Achievement Medals up for grabs!

In this issue, the Tournament Team is proud to celebrate our 50th "Meet the Tournament..." interview! Yes indeed, this issue's interview with benga marks the 50th player we have interviewed. As part of our 50th Interview Celebration, we have a special article with the entire archive of the 50 players interviewed thus far, as well as a trivia competition where you stand a chance to win 1 of 5 General Achievement Medals!

"Meet the Tournament..." Interview Archive - 50 & Counting! by anamainiacks
show

"Meet the Tournament..." Trivia by anamainiacks
show

For the rest of the issue, mcshanester29 brings us yet another interview from the war front, this time from war veteran, benga (as mentioned earlier); DaveH presents his trusty Tournament Tips and the usual TPA Wrap; while anamainiacks gives us the run down on the latest TPA4 and Official Tournaments currently taking signups in Join This? Or Not!

Enjoy!

anamainiacks
Tournament Executive

Meet the Tournament Winners: benga by mcshanester29
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by anamainiacks
show
Colonel anamainiacks

Cartographic Surveillance

Postby Seamus76 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:20 am

A light one on sections for Issue 103 but lots of maps in development, and Koontz1973 shines a spotlight on his very own Phantasia Altitudinis.

ImageEthiopia by cairnswk has received it's XML stamp and should be in BETA soon. This will be number 36 for Conquer Club's Greatest Cartographer. We can't thank you enough cairnswk, keep up the amazing work!

Now, on with the show.

Seamus76 -- Foundry Executive

Maps in Development by Seamus76
show

Spotlight on Phantasia Altitudinis by koontz1973
show

The Mas Sue Review by Mas Sue67
show

And as Alex Berger said, "Maps are the foundation on which adventure is built." Enjoy.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Next Mission Brief

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of chapcrap. Post any questions you may have for him here --> Interrogation of chapcrap

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Dukasaur and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 103: 9-16-2013] Return of SOS Africa

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:16 pm

I forgot to unlock this topic; fixed now. :oops:

Time to post your comments...:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby kiwi3 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:53 pm

Great job, Swifte and all! Thanks for keeping us all up to date in the cc world. You guys do a spectacular job,and put a lot of time into each newsletter. Where would we be without you?
Lieutenant kiwi3
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:32 am

>>>Note a slight change in the content of these tables. Qwert only included sets where all 8 games were finished. Keefie has decided to update the tables as soon as a result is decided (so when one team wins 5 games). This results in the points being added to the tables slightly faster. Thanks to Keefie for updating the tables. <<<
small correction,, i add points immediately when some clan have lead 5-0 or 5-1 or 5-2,, but not incude Games in G, because i waith that this mach become finished, so i dont know where you make this conclusion that now points will be add faster?

When some team have decision lead i add in section-P W-D-L and Points,, only G and GD are update when all games of this match are finished,, please make corrections in article.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Swifte on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:10 am

Ok Qwert, I just misunderstood you the other day. I'll update it as soon as I can. Thanks for the clarification.
Colonel Swifte

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:19 am

Just to clarify a wording error in one of the questions for the "Meet the Tournament..." Trivia.

Question 15 previously read as:
Question 15: Which MTTO Interviewee has the least hosted the most number of Tournaments?

It should instead be:
Question 15: Which MTTO Interviewee has hosted the least number of Tournaments?

Article has been updated to reflect the change.

Thanks to Tripitaka for spotting the mistake!

(Entrees for the contest are still very much welcome!)
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Leehar on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:03 pm

The last 5 Trivia questions were the only ones I could answer. I had an idea of some of the others, but no way I'll get them all!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Leehar wrote:The last 5 Trivia questions were the only ones I could answer. I had an idea of some of the others, but no way I'll get them all!

Well that's what the archive is for - easy browsing through all the past interviews! Plus, I hear there's this pretty awesome thing called a search tool in all internet browsers :-$
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Leehar on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:01 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
Leehar wrote:The last 5 Trivia questions were the only ones I could answer. I had an idea of some of the others, but no way I'll get them all!

Well that's what the archive is for - easy browsing through all the past interviews! Plus, I hear there's this pretty awesome thing called a search tool in all internet browsers :-$

Lol.

Seems like I underestimated the last 2 as well. #14 had me puzzled, and then I almost had to take out the Org HoF for the last!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Armandolas on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:53 pm

In platoon report, would be great to re-add a really nice report that Leehar (i think) did about the players who joined/changed clans.
I allways had fun reading that.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Swifte on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:00 am

Those were done by me ;) thanks for the feedback, I will see what we can do about getting that up and running again :)
Colonel Swifte

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:21 am

Armandolas wrote:In platoon report, would be great to re-add a really nice report that Leehar (i think) did about the players who joined/changed clans.

Swifte wrote:Those were done by me ;) thanks for the feedback, I will see what we can do about getting that up and running again :)

I brought this up a while ago.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Swifte on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:03 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Armandolas wrote:In platoon report, would be great to re-add a really nice report that Leehar (i think) did about the players who joined/changed clans.

Swifte wrote:Those were done by me ;) thanks for the feedback, I will see what we can do about getting that up and running again :)

I brought this up a while ago.

Yeah, the fact is it was a cumbersome process and I didn't have time for it with taking over as Clan Exec at the time. However, I have a new idea on how to do it that takes advantage of the new Clan tab, so I'm going to give it a shot again.
Colonel Swifte

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:48 pm

The deadline for the MTT Trivia Contest has ended. Entries will no longer be accepted, and the answers, results and prizes shall be released with the next issue of the Dispatch. Thanks to all who participated!
Colonel anamainiacks

Return to Newsletter Issues