Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 113] Dances with Fishes and Leprechauns

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 113] Dances with Fishes and Leprechauns

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 113th edition of the Dispatch :)

The St. Patrick's Day Event was blast, and CCers turned out in almost record numbers. BW explains:
show: Drunken Leprechaun Summation

The next big event in the CC Calendar will be Easter. Easter being one of my favourite CC maps, you can imagine that I will be neck-deep in that event!

The newest new news (in a bimonthly newsletter one rarely gets to mention anything that someone else hasn't already mentioned, LOL, so I gotta milk it while I can) is that the SoC has just today announced a brand-new program. Check out the details in the New Guide Program Launching Soon -- Volunteers Needed thread.

Speaking of the SoC, we have our own little bit of SoC news. Deputy SoC Chief macbone has joined us, and he is bringing us some interviews with SoC graduates! Check them out in our Freestyle Section below.

Our other sections, as always, are chock-full of features, including IcePack's many statistical updates in the Platoon Report, and a VERY BIG ANNOUNCEMENT from Anamainiacks in the War Games section!

We continue to bring you our new and improved navigation menu:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Use these buttons to get around through the various sections.

Meanwhile, we are still actively seeking more help:
If you would like to apply to join the news team, please click here!...

Please enjoy the 113th edition of the Conquer Club Dispatch!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Mess Hall and Interrogation Room

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Sorry for the long delay readers. Real life (and possibly Saint Patrick's Day) conspired to prevent me from publishing on time. This time, macbone starts a new series interviewing SoC graduates. We also have an interview with fishydance to talk about all things fish, bovine, and dance related.

You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

Dispatch Trivia - Round 7 of 10 by iAmCaffeine
show

SoC Graduate Grilling - ebt1972 by macbone
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of fishydance
Captain safariguy5

Platoon Report

Postby Swifte on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Welcome to another edition of the Platoon Report, where we seek to bring you the latest happenings in the clan world here on Conquer Club!

This edition of the Platoon Report, IcePack brings us three updates on two of the ranking systems he's maintaining, the F400 and F41, where once again we see movement in the top 5 clan rankings. I also take a look at who joined a new clan in the month of February in the latest Shakers and Movers column.

Thanks for checking out the Platoon Report - many more updates next issue.

Swifte
Clan Executive

Feb 1 F41 Update by IcePack
show

Feb 15 F400 Update by IcePack
show

March 1 F400 Update by IcePack
show

February 2014 Shakers and Movers by Swifte
show
Colonel Swifte

War Games

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:52 am

Hello friends, and welcome to your favourite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments, and other stuff in the Tournament scene!

We continue to deliver our news staples with iAmCaffeine's monthly update of Tournament Winners in the recently introduced Monthly Tournament Winners, mcshanester29's latest MTTW Interview with smegal69, DaveH's update of TPA happenings in TPA Wrap, and my selection of tournaments awaiting signups in Join This? Or Not!

It also brings me great pleasure to announce that long-time Tournament Reporter, DaveH, will be taking over the office of Tournament Executive from the next issue onwards. Dukasaur says it the best when he writes, "DaveH has truly been an inspiration as a Tournament Reporter. He has earned 9 GC medals to date, writing for 55 Issues of the Dispatch over a period of 28 months. His work ethic is inspirational: even when leaving on vacation, Dave would always write extra articles beforehand so that we would have something to publish from him while he was away. His "Dave's Tips" series ran for 50 issues and is the encyclopaedia of using Excel spreadsheets to score tournaments. He almost single-handedly rescued the third season of the TPA tournament series, and during that time also took over writing about it in the TPA Update. I hope this is the beginning of a long and equally stellar period with Dave at the helm of War Games!"

In the meantime, I shall be taking on other responsibilities within the Dispatch Team for a few months, before retiring in the not-so-distant future.

Building on the list Dukasaur previously posted as he passed the office on to me, here is the succession list:
show

Many thanks to:-
  • Dukasaur, the Chief Executive, for conning me into giving me the privilege of taking up this role, and kindly showing me the ropes whenever I was clueless about anything;
  • the Newsletter Executives and Writers for their valuable input on some of my articles, and simply being a pleasure to work with;
  • my Tournament Team for being so cooperative and making my job so ridiculously easy -
    • DaveH for being such an efficient writer, and for stepping up to relieve me of my office,
    • mcshanester29 for producing countless interviews despite having to carry out his duties as a TD,
    • and not forgetting iAmCaffeine who recently began writing for us despite officially being part of the Freestyle Team.

It has been my honour and my pleasure to be a part of this. And so for the last time, I now sign off -

anamainiacks
Tournament Executive

Tournament Winners Update: February '14 by iAmCaffeine
show

Meet the Tournament Winners: smegal69 by mcshanester29
show

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by anamainiacks
show
Colonel anamainiacks

Cartographic Surveillance

Postby Seamus76 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:20 am

Welcome everyone. It's great to have you reading this, and enjoying all of the up and coming maps on Conquer Club. This months Official Monthly Challenge is the BetaMarch 2014, which has brought some great attention to the Foundry, and some even better feedback. Not sure what it is? Click here and see how easy it is to win cool stuff, and support the great maps in development. Keep it up everyone, and the maps will only get better.

For this issue we have the second part of Koontz1973's Diary of a map. Rorke's Drift. Part two, continuing the journey down the rabbit hole that is Koontz1973, and as always Maps in Development will show you the status and progress of your favorite maps and map makers.

And now on with the show.

Seamus76 -- Foundry Executive

Maps in Development by Seamus76
show

Diary of a map: Rorke's Drift. Part 2 koontz1973 Part 1 for reference
show

And as Alex Berger said, "Maps are the foundation on which adventure is built." Enjoy.

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story for the Foundry section you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can send your article thoughts to Seamus76 and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Next Mission Brief

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Dukasaur and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 113] Dances with Fishes and Leprechau

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:07 pm

Actual publication date, March 21st, 2014.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby dakky21 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:13 am

And Dukasaur what about my point in the trivia? I thought you and Caff agreed on that one.
Captain dakky21

Postby Denise on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:22 pm

Great interview, Fishy! You're very clever. I laughed at almost every answer. =D> The most clever thing though was insisting on getting the big payoff before agreeing to clan leadership. I wish I had thought of that. ;)
Colonel Denise

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:53 pm

dakky21 wrote:And Dukasaur what about my point in the trivia? I thought you and Caff agreed on that one.

Yeah, we do. It will make it into the next update...:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby fishydance on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:59 am

Denise wrote:Great interview, Fishy! You're very clever. I laughed at almost every answer. =D> The most clever thing though was insisting on getting the big payoff before agreeing to clan leadership. I wish I had thought of that. ;)

Yes you should have, you could have made a fortune :D

show
Colonel fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Return to Newsletter Issues