Conquer Club

Discussion: Recruiting, etc.

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Discussion from TOP Recruiting Thread

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Fiso reading through your thoughts... would it not make more sense that the top clans horde talent while the bottom or mid tier clans rely heavily on a few individual to carry the majority of the load.

In any game someone should be in charge while those that are not provide thoughts and observations to help the game leader lead. Good leaders need good followers. In my experience leading good players who are perfectly capable of leading me is the best. Those players are much better at giving me the information and ideas i need to lead.

If you can put a clan together of good and great leaders who are willing to both lead and follow you will find yourself in a position where you're a top clan. If you only have a few good or great leaders and a bunch of followers who contribute little to nothing to game chat you're not going to be a top clan.

Take the top 3 guys out of a top clan and they still crush you because your best player is probably equal to their average player where as your average player would struggle to even get trial games from said top clan.

Take up the TOFU or FOED offer, take out their 3 best players and see what happens.
Last edited by Caymanmew on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Vid_FISO Disrepects TOP In Recruitment Thread

Postby InnyaFacce on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:46 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:Question though, is this meant to be a merge between clans or just recruitment?
Everybody made it sound like it was just recruitment.

Originally I posted the NEW MEMBER ADDITIONS to the TOP Clan
Then Vid_FISO decided to DISRESPECT our Clan
Then it got out of control to the point where I had to PM Lindax
I asked him to remove ALL POSTS after the announcements of New Members to TOP

I have reached out to Vid_FISO and FIASCO to set-up a Clan War
Lets see if he PUTS UP or SHUTS UP
DAS SCHLOß DOUBLES F/S 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Postby Vid_FISO on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:07 pm

Thread TOP vs FIASCO will be created after work along with reply to pm. PM will also be sent to FOED.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Arama86n on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:38 pm

Well said caymanmew.
Major Arama86n

Postby groovysmurf on Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:11 am

Yes, VERY well said, Cayman. =D> =D> =D>
I was quite impressed by that post and don't think I could have said it better myself.

In FOED, our top players don't make their teammates feel as though their opinions and contributions are not important or to be considered. It's one of the reasons I love being in this clan so much.
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:54 am

Vid_FISO wrote:Thread TOP vs FIASCO will be created after work along with reply to pm. PM will also be sent to FOED.

Arama mentioned something about using only random maps, since it might prove your point more than taking them away. Be sure to consider this :-)
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Re: Vid_FISO Disrepects TOP In Recruitment Thread

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:02 am

InnyaFacce wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:Question though, is this meant to be a merge between clans or just recruitment?
Everybody made it sound like it was just recruitment.

Originally I posted the NEW MEMBER ADDITIONS to the TOP Clan
Then Vid_FISO decided to DISRESPECT our Clan
Then it got out of control to the point where I had to PM Lindax
I asked him to remove ALL POSTS after the announcements of New Members to TOP

I have reached out to Vid_FISO and FIASCO to set-up a Clan War
Lets see if he PUTS UP or SHUTS UP

Originally, I posted the MERGE OR RECRUITMENT question.
Then Innyafacce decided to CREATE A TIMELINE
Then it got out of control because I dont even know if the first line is meant to be the answer to my question
I asked him again, simple question: recruitment or merge?
Last edited by Extreme Ways on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Extreme Ways

Postby dkmaster on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:13 am

Simpel answer:

Recruitment
Colonel dkmaster

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:19 am

dkmaster wrote:Simpel answer:

Recruitment

Instantly makes TOP the clan with the most members, 47 are signed up but I dont know how many are truly active.
General Extreme Ways

Re: Vid_FISO Disrepects TOP In Recruitment Thread

Postby InnyaFacce on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:20 am

Extreme Ways wrote:Originally, I posted the MERGE OF RECRUITMENT question.
Then Innyafacce decided to CREATE A TIMELINE
Then it got out of control because I dont even know if the first line is meant to be the answer to my question
I asked him again, simple question: recruitment or merge?

It Was A Recruitment Drive not a Merge
MagnusGreeol & Myself had many PMs and conversations via SKYPE
Between the two of us - the word " MERGE " was NEVER used

Not sure what you mean that I created a TIMELINE ???

MY post is the first post that had nothing to do with the conversation that was being discussed about the Thread Title

InnyaFacce wrote:The Omega Pantheon Would Like To Announce The Following New Members

InnyaFacce [ TOP Leadership Committee ]
codierose
concrete
RKCVED
scottp
guzmanuk
rickmorales
EspenOvergaard
mjc7890
Jimmy V
gravityfailure
Zornslayer
infurior
DAS SCHLOß DOUBLES F/S 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Postby rockfist on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:54 am

The margin between "the best players" in a top ranked clan and the "average players" in that clan is not as great as anyone would surmise. The "average players" in a top ranked clan can kick "the best players'" asses if the "best players" are not focused. When "the best players" in a top ranked clan face the average players of a mid ranked or low ranked clan they can often play their B game and still have good records because they can have a moment of brilliance late to turn a game. When the best players in two top clans face off one false move can be fatal with no moment of brilliance able to compensate.
Brigadier rockfist

Re: The Omega Pantheon [Recruiting].[Top ranked clan]

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:19 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Without wanting to cause offence, all I see here are gripes from the leader of a below average clan who doesn't fully understand what it takes to run a top 10 or top 5 clan.

Yeah, you'd be surprised what I can envisage, you completely miss the point, but never mind, wouldn't expect any better from you. When's our war going to happen???

I didn't miss the point at all. I was referring to comments about how you think the top clans have a handful of players leading the rest constantly and other misinformation you were spouting out. We did try to arrange a war a couple of times when I was in Aeternus but they are now Ascension and I'm no longer in that clan. One of our FOED leaders has offered you out though. I think it's pretty poor form for a low ranked clan to get upset that a high ranked clan doesn't want a war with them.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Vid_FISO on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:08 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Without wanting to cause offence, all I see here are gripes from the leader of a below average clan who doesn't fully understand what it takes to run a top 10 or top 5 clan.

Yeah, you'd be surprised what I can envisage, you completely miss the point, but never mind, wouldn't expect any better from you. When's our war going to happen???

I didn't miss the point at all. I was referring to comments about how you think the top clans have a handful of players leading the rest constantly and other misinformation you were spouting out. We did try to arrange a war a couple of times when I was in Aeternus but they are now Ascension and I'm no longer in that clan. One of our FOED leaders has offered you out though. I think it's pretty poor form for a low ranked clan to get upset that a high ranked clan doesn't want a war with them.

Thanks for your opinion, you have missed the point completely (not for the first time), but I guess in your case it's 'if you can't beat them, join them' :D
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Keefie on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:18 pm

This mass recruitment has highlighted the need for a player cap for each clan. We have clans struggling to survive and others with a mass of riches. The strong get stronger and the weak get thrown to the wolves.

CD's take note.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:22 pm

Keefie wrote:This mass recruitment has highlighted the need for a player cap for each clan. We have clans struggling to survive and others with a mass of riches. The strong get stronger and the weak get thrown to the wolves.

CD's take note.

Something that maybe should of been looked at when the idea to have 2 clans merging to a superclan came into play? Why have it be ok that 2 good clans can merge to a superpower and have 40+ members, But now that TOP topped that just by recruitment, there has to be a cap placed? The weak clans gotta go out and be more personable, chatty, proactive, not just rely on their recruitment thread?

\MGM/♎
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby rockfist on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:27 pm

I would support a cap, but not a cap that required clans to shed current players. More like a rule for those over the cap that you can't add new players until you are below the cap.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby MagnusGreeol on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:35 pm

rockfist wrote:I would support a cap, but not a cap that required clans to shed current players. More like a rule for those over the cap that you can't add new players until you are below the cap.

Or maybe also, That in order for two clans to merge, they have to both be on bottom tier? I will also go for a feather in the cap! ")>
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby rockfist on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:41 pm

TOFU has never merged so, that would not bother us.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby MagnusGreeol on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:53 pm

Just an idea, and maybe its been thrown around idk, But how about we set up a side tournament, Set it up so the lower tier clans pairs up and teams witb higher tier clans, in an allied teams clan match? Clan leaders from all clans team with each other and can mis mash mates in team games in. a tournament? Call it ALLIED CLAN TOURNEY (ACT). Could also say it doesnt count towards D-400? But one thing 4sure, it would bring the two tiers together, and I believe strengthen the clan world? ")>
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Keefie on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:01 pm

I think you've already brought the two tiers together by merging with LOTZ :lol:
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Keefie wrote:I think you've already brought the two tiers together by merging with LOTZ :lol:

"Merging" witb LOTZ?
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Vid_FISO on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:17 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Keefie wrote:I think you've already brought the two tiers together by merging with LOTZ :lol:

"Merging" witb LOTZ?

TOP & BOTTOM!
Major Vid_FISO

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:31 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:

Thanks for your opinion, you have missed the point completely (not for the first time), but I guess in your case it's 'if you can't beat them, join them' :D

Again, I haven't missed the point. In fact it's quite obvious. I just haven't bothered to go into detail particularly. I'm being lazy honestly which doesn't help the conversation whatsoever but it's actually a topic that interests me quite a lot. I agree with some of what you said and disagree on other things, although understand where you're coming from. I've just been too tired lately for the discussion I want to have.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Vid_FISO on Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:13 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I've just been too tired lately for the discussion I want to have.

We'd probably get on okay in different circumstances, I'm not losing any sleep over it, but obviously you are! :D
Major Vid_FISO

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:22 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I've just been too tired lately for the discussion I want to have.

We'd probably get on okay in different circumstances, I'm not losing any sleep over it, but obviously you are! :D

Hah most likely. Maybe I'll drop you a line once I've got some kip.
Cook iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives