Conquer Club

Nut Shot's Premier Division Player Rankings - CL2-CL13

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Nut Shot's Premier Division Player Rankings - CL3-CL13!

Postby hyposquasher on Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:11 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:
fishydance wrote:
Nut Shot Scott wrote:Yeah I can do that. But it's confusing because I thought when you change names, you're a new clan.

Understandable, because usually when there is a name change it's because clans have split and/or joined and are forming a new clan. In that case, the war records are gone and the new clan starts with a clean slate. In our case TSM was closing down and many of their players came into KORT as a group. However we were still KORT and they joined us rather than disbanding both clans and starting a new clan.

Later we had clan discussions regarding our name and jointly decided that a new name that reflected both KORT and TSM would be ideal. We came up with Spanked and Milked. So S&M is the same clan as KORT and war records should be combined rather than separate. Does that make more sense?

Shirlie

Yeah, that makes more sense.

At the end of the day, it's all pretty arbitrary and decided by humans with feelings and bias. When AOC and EMP joined forces we wanted to maintain the war records of one of the clans but the clan community was up in arms as far as I can remember, saying it had to be a new clan starting with a blank slate from scratch. Which is what we ended up doing and climbed the ranks to a top 3 clan for a while. But it always struck me how emotional people were that we had to be a new clan with no history, and yet the same (IMO emotional) reactions didn't always apply to other very similar situations.

In other words, if we had simply said, "Oh all these EMP guys are coming to AOC and we're changing our name" (or vice versa) then we could have kept the history, but because we resisted saying those exact words it had to be starting from scratch.
This image cannot be clicked.

High Score: 4112 - 11-30-2014
New High Score: 4164 - 4/9/20
New High Score: 4315 - 4/5/21
General hyposquasher

Postby Doc_Brown on Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:39 pm

hyposquasher wrote:At the end of the day, it's all pretty arbitrary and decided by humans with feelings and bias. When AOC and EMP joined forces we wanted to maintain the war records of one of the clans but the clan community was up in arms as far as I can remember, saying it had to be a new clan starting with a blank slate from scratch. Which is what we ended up doing and climbed the ranks to a top 3 clan for a while. But it always struck me how emotional people were that we had to be a new clan with no history, and yet the same (IMO emotional) reactions didn't always apply to other very similar situations.

In other words, if we had simply said, "Oh all these EMP guys are coming to AOC and we're changing our name" (or vice versa) then we could have kept the history, but because we resisted saying those exact words it had to be starting from scratch.

To be fair, it's a bit deeper than that. I remember multiple people arguing that ACE should not have been a new clan and needed to pick the record of either EMP or AOC to continue. I'm not sure who made the final call, but all the options were presented and it was ACE that decided to be a brand new clan rather than a continuation of one or the other. From what I recall from the discussions, I believe that as it was a merger with neither one really being dominant compared to the other, there was no way to decide whether it was EMP absorbing AOC or the other way around, so you just went with a brand new group and took the two original clans social.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:26 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:
hyposquasher wrote:At the end of the day, it's all pretty arbitrary and decided by humans with feelings and bias. When AOC and EMP joined forces we wanted to maintain the war records of one of the clans but the clan community was up in arms as far as I can remember, saying it had to be a new clan starting with a blank slate from scratch. Which is what we ended up doing and climbed the ranks to a top 3 clan for a while. But it always struck me how emotional people were that we had to be a new clan with no history, and yet the same (IMO emotional) reactions didn't always apply to other very similar situations.

To be fair, it's a bit deeper than that. I remember multiple people arguing that ACE should not have been a new clan and needed to pick the record of either EMP or AOC to continue. I'm not sure who made the final call, but all the options were presented and it was ACE that decided to be a brand new clan rather than a continuation of one or the other. From what I recall from the discussions, I believe that as it was a merger with neither one really being dominant compared to the other, there was no way to decide whether it was EMP absorbing AOC or the other way around, so you just went with a brand new group and took the two original clans social.

I must admit I don't remember having those options, I thought because we called it a merger we weren't allowed to. Because we were kind of the first to do it though, I don't think people knew it would happen again or often and so they relaxed that, or protected themselves when declaring later.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby hyposquasher on Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:10 am

Swimmerdude99 wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:

I must admit I don't remember having those options, I thought because we called it a merger we weren't allowed to. Because we were kind of the first to do it though, I don't think people knew it would happen again or often and so they relaxed that, or protected themselves when declaring later.

Furthermore, I remember that internally we had discussions about how the way it had to work which was being forced on us, didn't really make sense to us. We could develop these arguments against it internally but at the end of the day, we made a decision to not present arguments and cause a big, ugly thing in the forums. Plus, if we started with a clean slate and climbed the ladder again, no one could argue that we deserved it. So we set the matter aside rather quickly without much argument, though I always felt it was a bit arbitrary with other similar situations later treated differently.

So we did start with a clean slate and we did climb the ladder again, and that was great and a lot of fun and also rewarding to have done it. It only seems to "bite us" when we have these historical conversations and none of us in AoC gets the benefit of our accomplishments prior to that.

General hyposquasher

Postby hyposquasher on Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:16 am

Doc_Brown wrote:

And I'm sorry, didn't mean to ignore part of what you said. We did have the option to say that one clan was absorbing the other. But that didn't feel right as both clans were relatively equal in accomplishments and recent history at the time. It was a little bit of an offense to one clan or the other to say it had to be absorbed to the other. I understand the difficulty in the situation and that's why at the end of the day, we didn't muck about arguing incessantly and we simply agreed to start over. It just felt like we weren't always treated the same as many others over the years and that was an example that stands out to me.

General hyposquasher

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:36 am

hyposquasher wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:

And I'm sorry, didn't mean to ignore part of what you said. We did have the option to say that one clan was absorbing the other. But that didn't feel right as both clans were relatively equal in accomplishments and recent history at the time. It was a little bit of an offense to one clan or the other to say it had to be absorbed to the other. I understand the difficulty in the situation and that's why at the end of the day, we didn't muck about arguing incessantly and we simply agreed to start over. It just felt like we weren't always treated the same as many others over the years and that was an example that stands out to me.

Oh yeah, I do remember that now. It definitely hurt us in these sorts of look backs, but I do remember us deciding to do that since we wanted to make sure everyone felt equal and build a new united group. In the end, it worked really well, and had a blast while it was active :)

Doc_Brown wrote:...so you just went with a brand new group and took the two original clans social.

This was also a huge deal for us. We still had people that would come back and pop into the forums and chat, so we wanted to be able to keep the forum, and we were told that if we merged into a clan, that we wouldn't be able to keep the social user group for that group that chose to be the one merged into. It didn't feel right to merge people into a forum of ours, or vice versa and we wanted to be able to still have that space to chat with those that weren't a part of the new group. Empire was always a very social clan.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby hyposquasher on Thu May 19, 2022 10:55 pm

Right, I know I'm coming back here like 20 days later now, but that is a great point that I had forgotten. After we decided the route we were going to take (starting a new clan, from scratch) there was this -- I'm sorry, but -- ridiculous deadline to get anything we wanted out of our forums because the site (CC) had this -- I'm sorry, but -- ridiculous need to delete our previous clan's forums. And they were indeed deleted, and all that content was gone (if we didn't take it somewhere else). Talk about ridiculous. Like a bunch of text on a server somewhere is taking up tons of space that can't be afforded? It was like we were being punished for what we did. That's the feel that the whole thing has always had. And then other clans get to do something super similar and get all the accolades for how great they were? They really were great and I don't want to take away from anyone else, but it really feels/felt like every attempt has been made over the years to diminish our players.

Blah. Sorry for being a debby downer. Swimmer's last post really recalled for me how much it has always felt to be on the outside of some club looking in.

General hyposquasher

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Fri May 27, 2022 12:03 pm

rockfist wrote:Doc_Brown would be my guess for first.

pretty sure you're going to be correct... i'm not quite done but he is the leader in the clubhouse.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:59 pm

I lied. So close to finishing. And it isn't Doc... although if he had played more games, he'd have it.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:07 pm

rcfritz eeks out the #1 spot in my rankings for CL13 by barely one point. More to come later.

CL13 Top 25 Players

1 - rcfritz - FALL
2 - Doc_Brown - TOFU
3 - rockfist (HOF) - TOFU
4 - t4mcr53s2 - FALL
5 - Unai - LHDD
6 - Donelladan (HOF) - LHDD
7 - JPlo64 (HOF) - A^
8 - loutil - TOFU
9 - fusibaseball - TOFU
10 - mc05025 (HOF) - FALL
11 - theflycassanova - TOFU
12 - nikola_milicki - TOFU
13 - bergy1 - DBD
14 - Fyrdraca (HOF) - A^
15 - Robespierre__ - FALL
16 - elddir - A^
17 - PROFITS - TOFU
18 - Tin Trumpet - ATL
19 - Lancelot du Lac - LHDD
20 - misteryforall - ATL
21 - volrazz - LHDD
22 - samdemars - LHDD
23 - lewnard - A^
24 - ballenus - S&M
25 - davekettering - S&M
Major Nut Shot Scott

Re: Nut Shot's Premier Division Player Rankings - CL3-CL13 -

Postby niMic on Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:19 am

Pretty sure I had one of the all-time worst CL performances in CL13. I was extremely close to retiring.

I'm still not that far.
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby loutil on Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:16 am

niMic wrote:Pretty sure I had one of the all-time worst CL performances in CL13. I was extremely close to retiring.

I'm still not that far.

There have likely been worse performances by players in lesser clans. However, considering you are a strong player in a top clan, going 10-22 is epic and would probably make me want to quit. Cannot imagine the run of bad dice you had to endure to get to that record.
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:08 am

niMic wrote:Pretty sure I had one of the all-time worst CL performances in CL13. I was extremely close to retiring.

I'm still not that far.

There was a 2-23 season in CL8 and 0-10 in CL11. You're safe.

Stick around, you're good for the place.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby fishydance on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:31 am

Nut Shot Scott wrote:

I'm still not that far.

There was a 2-23 season in CL8 and 0-10 in CL11. You're safe.

Stick around, you're good for the place.

Yes stick around, please! If anyone should be blamed for poor CL13 performance, it should be the MoW who was me
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:47 am

A few quick highlights:

CL 13 Highlights

Congrats to everyone, but especially rcfritz and Doc_Brown. These two were separated by barely a point. One more game played and Doc prob wins it.

#1 Win % (min 25% games played): lewnard - 82.35% (#8 all time)

#1 Per Game Average: lewnard - 2.05 (#6 all time)

Updated Top 10 Scorers of All Time

1. josko.ri - 447.692
2. JPlo64 - 416.487
3. Fyrdraca - 407.106
4. rcfritz - 352.516
5. t4mcr53s2 - 319.467
6. rousseau72 - 318.213
7. osman76 - 305.055
8. ballenus - 304.728
9. rockfist - 292.061
10. Robespierre__ - 289.918
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby IcePack on Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:55 pm

Five out of the Top 10 eh? Seems pretty good ;)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby JPlo64 on Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:55 pm

IcePack wrote:Five out of the Top 10 eh? Seems pretty good ;)

2 of top 3 is nice.
And we can fight over #10 :)
Major JPlo64

Postby rockfist on Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:55 am

I'm impressed with Bergy1 being in the top 25...that had to be difficult given DBD's overall record in CL.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:09 am

JPlo64 wrote:
IcePack wrote:Five out of the Top 10 eh? Seems pretty good ;)

2 of top 3 is nice.
And we can fight over #10 :)

If you wanna fight over #10, then I suppose the majority of your past history of 2 of Top 3 would belong elsewhere to? Since it was mostly under a diff banner ;)

Either way 4/10 all under one banner over an extended period of time is still pretty good ;)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:29 am

rockfist wrote:I'm impressed with Bergy1 being in the top 25...that had to be difficult given DBD's overall record in CL.

Yeah, I actually double checked it because I was like "wtf"...

Considering the circumstances, you could argue he/she had the best season of anyone ha
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:54 pm

Thanks to groovy clearing some things up, I will be adding CL2 to the rankings. Quite a few teams. Hopefully done by Christmas.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Re: Nut Shot's Premier Division Player Rankings - CL2-CL13

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:03 pm

CL 2 Top 25

1. waseemalim - LOW
2. superrag - BPB
3. mikiesdios - BPB
4. lordnex - NEM
5. freakns - NEM
6. Hamanu - LOW
7. JustCallMeStupid - IA
8. sjnap - KORT