Beneath every topic within the forum you moderate, there is a dropdown menu the moderator has access to. The following is a list of tools that you may have at your disposal:
- Merge Posts
- Merge Topic
- Change to "Sticky"
- Locking a topic prevents any future editing or posting by members without moderation privileges in the forum that the locked topic resides in.
- Deleting a topic would erase the topic entirely. Anything that is deleted can not be recovered.
- Moving a topic removes the topic from one forum and places it another. You may choose to leave a shadow topic in the old forum if need be.
- Merging posts in a topic removes them from the current topic, and puts them into another topic.
- Merging Topics will combine two topics. The topics will be reordered on the timestamp of the individual posts, so if two topics are ongoing simultaneously when being merged, the posts within them will be shuffled around.
- Stickies are topics that appear on top of all other topics.
All of the features described are accessible via the Quick-Mod dropdown menu shown here:
Here's the bare minimum, anybody need more insights?