Conquer Club

Top 10 Clans of All Time

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby Arama86n on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:27 am

Top clans of all time:

1. S&M
2. TOFU
3. ?


(Anyone who wants to put TOFU at #5 or worse (as has been done in this thread)... just gets a huge smile from me, and absolutely no comment at all. :D )

As of today that is my opinion. Personally I think this cup is important for our legacy after last years disappointment.
If we win, that really puts us in clear contention for the best clan of all time.
If we lose against FOED now, that... uh.. I prefer to focus on the thought of us winning that :)
If we reach the final, and lose against S&M; that cements the above 1-2 for me.

If FALL wins, that would be cause for reflection. But even a win doesn't put them ahead of us (or S&M obviously) in a "of all time" context.
We'd [TOFU and FALL] be tied with two wins each and two second places in the cup (provided we don't take a second place this year, in which case we lead in the cup too) But our CL win puts us ahead. Not counting the fact that we've been around longer on a highly competitive stage. Hell, we were arguably stronger than S&M when they won CC1 (you all know the story) for example.
But if FALL wins this year, that puts them within reach of taking the #2 of all time title in the near future.

If LHDD, FOED or anyone else wins that's very interesting, but not cause to redraw that T-5 of all time list that much imo.

If FALL do well in this cup, it becomes:

...of all time:
1.) S&M
2.) TOFU
3.) FALL
Image
User avatar
Major Arama86n
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (20) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Personally I don't see the top three changing from S&M, TOFU and THOTA for a long time, whatever order you put them. After that you have the likes of FALL, TSM, EMP/ACE, LHDD, FOED, OSA etc again in no order.
User avatar
Colonel iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm
Medals: 133
The Championships Bronze (1) Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (15) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (8)

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby rockfist on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:20 pm

I have Fallen 4th. I suspect LHDD may make a strong run at the cup this year, which would make 4th an argument in my mind. Its not just about the Cup or the League - its mostly about those things, but I think time in the top rankings comes into play (if I thought time in the top rankings was the most important factor I would have us ahead of S&M - note that I do not). I do think that Fallen winning the Cup this year would elevate them over THOTA in my mind and would give them the same number of cups as us, but based on the time in the top rankings and one league victory, I would say they would remain behind us. These are some of my thoughts, and although they are only my opinion, I don't think they are any less valid than any other opinion.
Image
User avatar
Major rockfist
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:17 pm
Location: On the Wings of Death.
Medals: 113
Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (20) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (9)

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby Donelladan on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:51 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Personally I don't see the top three changing from S&M, TOFU and THOTA for a long time, whatever order you put them. After that you have the likes of FALL, TSM, EMP/ACE, LHDD, FOED, OSA etc again in no order.


I have been reading this thread for a while, and have been hearing about Thota since even longer.
First, how comes you that join CC in 2013 think Thota should be in top 3 ?
Second, ( I am ready to be lynched) I've looked at Thota record. Really not impressive imho. Everyone is totally overrating their achievement.

Sure I wasn't there when they were active, my first clan game was in 2012 and Thota last war was in December 2011.
I am just drawing conclusions from what I can see, here are my facts :

Couple of quote on Thota from this thread

Brucewar wrote:2. THOTA - The Clan to beat until KORT did it.


JBlombier wrote:When I entered CC, THOTA wasn't the clan to beat. It was the clan you couldn't beat. That doesn't apply to KoRT, but they reign in a different time.


Lindax wrote:The only reason THOTA was the most imposing was because they had all the good players and were the one and only clan back then.


Keefie wrote:My take on this is that Thota were undoubtedly the best for their time. However their time came before the clan scene exploded and competition became stronger.


Well, first, I don't think being the best when there is no competition is any kind of achievement. Which is what I understand from the quote above.
If I want to compare it with tennis, it's only so nice to see Federer playing because he has Nadal and Djokovic to face.
Watching Federer playing against any player out of top 10 isn't really interesting. He beat them but there is no match so you can't say Federer is amazing by watching those. If you don't have great competitor, you can't show how good you are.
So if Thota was undefeated at a time there was no one even able to face them, how can you say there were really strong ?

Then, looking at their record,( which I am assuming is complete), what did they do ?
They won 11 wars straight. They were the only clan undefeated, unbeatable, "the clan to beat', but they were the only clan undefeated also because they were active when clan world just started. And ok they were undefeated for 4 years, but it's only 11 wars.

Just looking at the numbers, KorT won 14 wars straight.
Pack won 12 wars straight.

If you look at the only major title they won ( because being inactive afterwards i get that), it's the CL1, they won it winning 65,6% of their game. If you look at the winner of the clan league aftewards, most of them are close to similar number( only check 3 leagues). LHDD won CL7 for example winning 63,6% of their match.

Thus it doesn't look to me like THOTA was dominating that much. Winning 65,6% of their match is a great score, winning the CL1 an achievement, but they weren't that much better that the other clans like some of you seems to say.

I understand they marked their time because they were one of the first clans, and they were the best clan for four years. Not saying they don't deserve to be in the top 10 clans of all time.
Just seems to me people are exaggerating their achievement.
Image
User avatar
General Donelladan
 
Posts: 2661
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 am
Medals: 197
The Championships Gold (2) The Championships Silver (1) Monthly Leader Gold (2) Monthly Leader Silver (14) Monthly Leader Bronze (3)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (32) Challenge Achievement (20) Tribe Achievement (2)

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby Arama86n on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:23 pm

It's difficult to compare THOTA to the modern top-clans.
On the whole, I agree with you. It's why I didn't mention them. And It's actually why I've mostly stayed out of this thread until now.
Image
User avatar
Major Arama86n
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (20) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby rockfist on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:34 am

I guess the question for me is, what has another clan done, that is greater than THOTA's one championship and four year reign at the top?

S&M - 7 championships and multiple streaks at #1 and within the top 3, or top 5, including very long runs at both - no problem, shoe in.

TOFU - 3 championships, longest streak at #1, within the top 3 and within the top 5, four straight years in the finals of CC also only lost once to the non champion of CC, maybe a bit less of a case, but still 3 beats one.

Fallen - 1 championship, decent time at #1, long runs in the top 3 and top 5. Very competitive within CL and three years in a row in the finals of CC. That's a good resume. IMO one more finals and they are clearly ahead of THOTA.

I respect what LHDD and FOED have done but IMO right now - I don't see their resume topping THOTA. If either of them wins CC this year, it immediately vaults them into that comparison IMO.
Image
User avatar
Major rockfist
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:17 pm
Location: On the Wings of Death.
Medals: 113
Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (20) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (9)

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby niMic on Thu May 03, 2018 5:11 am

I agree with rockfist. I wouldn't put THOTA at the top anymore (I reserve #1 and #2 for S&M and TOFU), but they were the clan. And it wasn't because no other clans existed. More than that, it was almost like they were the only professionals and the rest of us were amateurs. These days a lot of clans probably operate like THOTA did then (although I was never in THOTA, so I might be talking out of my ass). They aren't "the best of all time" anymore, but top 5 certainly.
Image
Highest score: 3379
Highest rank: 36
User avatar
Brigadier niMic
 
Posts: 896
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:02 pm
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (31) Tribe Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Clans

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users