Conquer Club

-- Platoon Report: March Madness 2016 --

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

-- Platoon Report: March Madness 2016 --

Postby IcePack on Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:39 pm

The Clan Department is excited to bring you our latest development for the Clan World! Each Report contains a variety of insightful and informative pieces designed to keep you well informed of the goings on within the Clan World. We strive to provide easy access to up to date information, stats, rankings, interviews and much more!

In This Edition: March Madness!
This month we are excited to announce / clarify some uses of "Tribes" that you might not have known about (Poly & 1vs1 Tribal Wars!), we highlight a small but meaningful change to how clan war medals get issued, we get to know FOED - the recent 4th Annual 1vs1 Clan Tournament winners, we also hear from CatchersMitt14 one of our newest Clan Directors in the second of six interrogations to get to know your Clan Directors, Keefie gives us an update for the leap ladder, we give you a sneak peak of the next few exciting upcoming contests, and as always provide the newest F400 Clan Rankings!

This area will be where we highlight any changes within the Clan World, announce new features, or make other assorted announcements and opportunities.

Claniversity has Launched!
You might have noticed that we recently announced Claniversity 2.0! We are excited to bring forth the second effort of this program to get more people interested & involved in clan and tribe life. Click the link above for more details!

Did You Know: Medal Changes
ATTENTION All War Organizers!
A subtle change was made last year in how the clan department qualified players for clan medals. After a review of the existing policies and a lot of debate, we implemented a small change to what players had to do in order to receive a medal if their clans won.
The original rule was that you had to have 3 games (minimum) and required at least one win. However, this was commonly "worked around" if a player went 2-0. But there were others who would go 0-4+ and wouldn't get a medal while almost everyone else received one while participating in a war with their fellow clan mates and actually providing a higher participation rate.
We have now simplified the rules and gotten rid of the "exceptions" to the rule. In order to receive a medal a player must have participated in 3 games (minimum), but will no longer be required to have 1 win to medal. Anyone who reaches that level of participation in a war that their clan has won will receive a medal. We think this will celebrate participation, and put a stop to players who sometimes have a high rate of participation feeling left out as their mates get medals but they do not.

RGX Clan is looking for a Co-Leader or Merge!
Find more information from their leader here.

show: 2016 Clan Schedule

Schedule Quick Link

Welcome to the Clan Tournaments Area, where you will find updates on all the Sanctioned Tournaments within Conquer Clubs Clan Area! Lindax is our Clan Tournament Director who brings you this update!

CONQUEROR'S CUP VI
CC6: Quick Link
This year’s Conqueror’s Cup includes some changes to the format, mainly to try and keep the duration of the event within one year. Let’s hope that works and we can have a Conqueror’s Cup every calendar year. A total of 23 clans are competing this year. This means we have 9 byes for the first round, for the 8 seeded clans and one clan picked randomly.

Round 1: Best of 37
RA vs FAD 19-12 RA Wins!
RET vs KNT 23-12 RET Wins!
HH vs TNC 14-22 TNC Wins!
MMM vs OSA 10-19 OSA Wins!
GON vs ATL 16-20 ATL Wins!
PACK vs Fiso 21-13 PACK Wins!
LOW vs RGX 19-14 LOW Wins!

Round 2: Best of 43
FALL vs ATL Not started
OLE vs LOW Not started
ACE vs RA Not started
S&M vs TNC Not started
LHDD vs OSA Not started
FOED vs PACK Not started
ATN vs RET Not started
TOFU vs AFOS Not started

Below you’ll find the most up to date bracket.
show: cc6 bracket

CLAN LEAGUE VII
CL7: Quick Link
This edition of the Clan League also has some changes to the format. The most important one is the implementation of promotion/relegation between the two divisions. We have a Premier Division with 12 clans and a Second Division with 14 clans participating, among which a new clan, TOP. Keep an eye on them, they seem a pretty strong contestant!

Below you’ll see the latest results from the first 7 rounds and the standings after round 7, respectively.
*Not all round 6 and 7 matches have been decided.
show: CL7 Results and Standings

RANDOM LEAGUE VI
RL VI: Quick Link
Random League started in September 2015 and is organized by uckuki. The Tournament includes 17 Clans competing until mid-April for 12 game mini-matches of random maps. Clans select home teams and settings.

Rounds 1-7 are completed, as well as half of Round 8. Only 1 match up has scored for Round 9.
Round 10 games are now all active.
Round 11 is starting, and reminders will be sent shortly.

RL VI STANDINGS
RL VI SCORES
show: rl6 bracket

TRIBAL SUMMARY
Tribes: Stand Together. Fight Alone.
Information Provided by Lindax.

We started 3 auto tournaments for Primitive Tribes in the forum. So far the “Conquerians” won 2 of those, Biotic Org the other. New tournaments for Primitive Tribes appear under the tournament tab and are no longer published in the Tribes forum.

We started 4 auto tournaments for Advanced Tribes and Clans. There is one still ongoing. There is a new tournament open for sign-up: Home Map Poly. So far, 4 out of 8 places have been filled.

INAUGURATION TOURNAMENT: TRIBES GO RANDOM!
[TGR] Quick Link
This tournament consists of a combination of 1v1 and Poly auto tournaments and team games. We started with the group phase in November and some Poly games are still ongoing.

We have 12 participating tribes, 6 are through to round 2, see below.
show: TGR Participants

Welcome to the Mess Hall! Here you will find a wide variety of articles that don't fit within the other areas of the Platoon Report, including the regular F400 Updates! Look here for user submitted articles as well!

show: Updated 2016 Clan Schedule

Schedule Quick Link

Tribal Wars - Poly and 1vs1 Wars!
Have you and your clan ever wanted to participate or challenge another clan/tribe in an all poly, or all 1vs1 war?
Up until now, clans have been restricted to keeping these within the 20% limit allowed by the percentage breakdown in place.

Tribes changes all of that!

As previously explained, clans double as "tribes" when desired (while Tribes solely participate in Tribe Tournaments, events and auto tournaments).
Tribes can challenge other tribes in poly and / or 1vs1 matches (similar to clan wars), and is very open to many concepts with very few restrictions.
Team games can also be included within these tournaments / wars, however the focus is for non-team games (Team game wars are generally going to be run through the clan infrastructure).

These tournaments / wars can be manual (similar to regular clan wars) or use the auto tournament infrastructure (although this comes with some restrictions / challenges structurally that have to be adhered to, more on that later). They can be one tribe vs one tribe directly competing, or they can include multiple tribes fighting each other.
Any concepts you would like to play with will be considered on a case by case basis by Lindax, we encourage you to contact him - whether its simple or you want to be creative! Post in the Tribes area the Tournament / War, and Lindax will review and approve for authorization and priv's to get you going.

Rules & Restrictions:
Minimum amount of players: 4
Minimum amount of games: 41
Medal: For every player participating
Auto tournaments have their restrictions/limits, but Tribe Tournaments don't have to be auto tournaments.

When you are considering requesting the auto tournament system, a few things to keep in mind would be that tribes tourneys currently can not eliminate players.
Also the tribe score is the sum of the scores of the players within the tribe.
The tribes need to be specified in advance... or it will be open to all tribes.
You will also need to be mindful of what structure you use that it will make sense with the number of players and tribe / group numbers.

Ultimately, if your tribe or clan has been thinking about doing some fun poly or 1vs1 tournaments or wars, or you just want to practice for the upcoming Clan Tournaments - this is the place to do it! Challenge another tribe and open a thread, the rest will be history!

Also remember there are Tribe medals that can be issued / earned through these contests. If you have any questions, I highly recommend starting a thread or contacting Lindax directly or post here!

Vital Clan Stats - this feature will provide some basic stats for the clan area taken on the 1st of each month
Ranked Clans: 29 (-2: G1 & UM8)
Active Clans: 34
Players in Active Clans: 889
Active Tribes: 5
Players in Active Tribes: 233
Active Wars: 341
Games in Active Wars: 3458
Active Games in Active Wars: 478
Players in Active Wars: 959
Players in Active Wars that have Finished Games: 711
Players in Active Wars in Active Games: 601
Claniversity Students: 1
Claniversity Graduates: 0
Events Currently Ongoing: CC6, CL7, RL6

CLAN AREA RANKINGS:
show: Clan Area Rankings

Clan Tournament Historical Records

Each issue the Clan Department plans to highlight a clan (based on current events, clan wars, or public demand) and a player by interviewing clan leaders and players! We will announce who is to be interviewed here, and you can post all your questions in this thread to be answered in the next issue! We will provide some information on the highlighted clans such as recent or historical achievements, as well as linking readers to their Clan Page so past history, recruitment, and member details will be easily accessible. You'll get the opportunity to ask the Clan's members or leadership any questions, and get to know the group as a whole on a deeper level while the Clans that are highlighted will enjoy some additional exposure and get a chance to introduce themselves to the Clan World in a new, unique way that is difficult to replicate in a recruitment thread.

Clan Highlight
Next month the Clan Department will be interviewing the winners of the public Facebook vote we held, The New Crusade! Post any questions for the always active, always eccentric TNC below!
As the most active clan on Conquer Club, and holders of many records - as well as Mafia Afficiando's there is always something going on at TNC! The first four people who post questions to TNC will get rewarded with 50 Credits just for posting! (must be valid question to earn the reward)

Votes: TNC (2), OSA, ATN, THOTA, TOP

Ask questions of their leaders, members, or just questions in general you'd like to hear the groups thoughts on! Please be sure to state whether you're asking someone specific, the leadership, a member, or the clan as a whole! Have fun and be creative!

This month the Clan Department sat down with the Fraternal Order of Exceptional Drinkers to get to know a little about them, their history, reactions to their winning the 4th Annual 1vs1 Clan Event and more! Check it out below!

[Warning this is a large spoiler]
show: FOED Questionnaire

Player(s) Highlight
This month the Clan Department is pleased to bring you a special interview taken with one of our very own Clan Directors, CatchersMitt14! This will be the first of a six part interview series where we introduce ourselves to the Clan World. If there's someone else you think would be a fun and interesting interviewee for the Clan World, please post below and let us know! We'd love to hear from you! (Please note, not all questions will get answered depending on personal comfort with sharing personal information, etc) Thanks and have fun!

[Warning this is a large spoiler]
show: CatchersMitt14 Interrogation

CLAN WAR PREDICTION CONTEST ONGOING - Many Prizes Still Available!

Contact shoop76 for more details!

One of the most ambitious contests the Clan Department has ever sponsored, shoop76 brings an extensive year long prediction contest to the Clan area for your enjoyment! Titles, Medals, and Credit Prizes are available in this contest!
Remember that prizes are issued both for every QUARTER and for the YEAR long contest as well!
Q1: We are nearing completion of scoring the 1st Quarter (2 Wars Left) - prizes will be issued once it completes!
Q2: We are completing the collection of 2nd Quarter Predictions (end of Jan) - scoring will begin as wars complete! (3 bonus month premium from shoop76!)
Q3: We are about to begin collecting predictions! You can earn credits, medals, and stars even if you only begin to participate now! Encourage your friends to participate this quarter and you'll earn bonus points to boost your score! shoop76 will provide the details!
Q4: Not started.

shoop76 PM's all participants when new wars come up for predictions to assist you in completing the task!

Check here for full list of rules and prizes! [Over 13,000+ Credits Available, Medals, Titles & More!]
Post here for entering new predictions [shoop76 is donating an addt'l 3 months premium to the Quarter 2 Winner!]
Players Prediction PICKS
Check here for the most up to date scoreboard!

Code Breakers: Clan Edition 2.0!
Back in October we challenged you to break open our lock by proving yourself a Code Breaking Master!
This year it's returning, and we're making it harder and the prizes bigger! Watch for it this March!

A sneak peak at another exciting upcoming event (April):
Clan Mafia! Sign up thread & details to follow shortly!

*** Editors Note: if you would like to volunteer to help write a special piece or have ideas on subjects that you would like to hear about within the Clan Area, please contact IcePack directly.

show: Previous Platoon Report Edition Links

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: -- Platoon Report: March Madness 2016 --

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:19 am

I just noticed I forgot to unhide the 1 year F400 rankings columns...ill take a new pic and post tomorrow it's a bit late and don't want to boot the iMac again

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:27 am

holy crap that was a lot of reading!

congrats ice, nicely done, although i might need to come back a few times to read some sections.
My suggestion would be to post stuff as soon as the articles are ready, so that people read little by little. this platoon report is huuuuuuuge! probably the biggest ever.
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:42 pm

betiko wrote:holy crap that was a lot of reading!

congrats ice, nicely done, although i might need to come back a few times to read some sections.
My suggestion would be to post stuff as soon as the articles are ready, so that people read little by little. this platoon report is huuuuuuuge! probably the biggest ever.

Thanks betiko!
I know there is a lot of information, some months will have more than others. Most things aren't time dependant (except maybe the contest information and the hidden "earn credits by doing X stuff"), so coming back and finishing different sections will hopefully keep you in the loop and still provide a focal location for all new info on clans.

I dont know if a "rolling" Platoon Report were I post stuff as soon as its ready would work (at least the way I have it set up right now). A lot of stuff takes time to put together and is dependant on others responses (like interviews) while others have to wait until the first anyway (rankings). It also keeps my schedule fairly normal and articles topical....and forces me to keep a schedule / deadline :P

If they all are seemingly to large after the first six months, I might reconsider how I gets built. But for now other than a few planned tweaks in April (each section being its own post so you can link to it) it'll be the same moving forward (for now). I've been trying to keep it to one new contest and a couple main / feature articles, plus the stuff that is included each report (such as CC6 / CL7 / RL updates).

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:05 pm

IcePack wrote:I just noticed I forgot to unhide the 1 year F400 rankings columns...ill take a new pic and post tomorrow it's a bit late and don't want to boot the iMac again

Done / updated.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Swifte on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:10 pm

Hey Epitaph1, what's your most memorable TNC victory? Defeat?

I would like to challenge (lick?) Keefie.
Colonel Swifte

Postby riskllama on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:57 pm

yeah - nice work, IcePack. i especially enjoyed the pictures, cause llamas can't read too good... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby benga on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:53 am

@swifte
How did tnc managed to get you?
Sergeant benga

Postby IcePack on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:18 am

Thanks everyone :) If you ever have a idea for an article I would love to hear them.
I've also toyed with the idea of a video blog / section, so if you have some ideas for that to make it interesting I would love to hear from you all :)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Lindax on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:32 pm

IcePack wrote:Thanks everyone :) If you ever have a idea for an article I would love to hear them.
I've also toyed with the idea of a video blog / section, so if you have some ideas for that to make it interesting I would love to hear from you all :)

Can we have the video with Keefie in his mini skirt?

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby rockfist on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:56 pm

I've got a video of a dumb meathead doing pull-ups with weight chained to him.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Keefie on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:10 am

Lindax wrote:
IcePack wrote:Thanks everyone :) If you ever have a idea for an article I would love to hear them.

Can we have the video with Keefie in his mini skirt?

Lx

Pervert
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby titties on Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Just in case anybody is interested…

Can you descrbe for us how FOED got started, where did the players come from, and what was the focus of the group when it started? What has changed now that you have been around for a few years?

uckuki: FOED was the result of a split within the Outlaws & Highwaymen clan. One of the guys went nuts and killed the whole thing. FOED was built on those ashes. The focus has, for the most part, stayed the same: play fun & good game.

or in danryan’s words:
So how was FOED born? Well, like most tragedies it started with a girl. Carl (rocketry) met a girl who lived near him, who happened to drop her panties and insert his penis into her. Unfortunately, said penis was not the only penis entering this girl so Carl got the ever living shit beat out of him and ended up in the hospital. For a while. Hang on, what the f*ck does this have to do with anything?

I had this idea about a ragtag army taking on the establishment. A bunch of sweary drunk amateurs rocking up and winning. It’s a romantic ideal I’ve always liked. I wanted a clan that was free from pretence and grandeur and just played CC for the hell of it. The result was Outlaws & Highwaymen.

What I didn’t expect was success. We ended up with some really great people—Danryan, Hopscotcher, wolfpack0530, brian fletcher, L M S, nippersean, Pander88uk, and many more whose usernames I’ve long forgotten—and we really did start winning. Even got on Clandemonium. Too much too fast.

After that, it’s rather dull. I started losing interest and it was taking up more time than I wanted, so I disappeared. When I came back, better people than I had taken charge, there was some minor conflict, a lot of the best players left to start FOED, and O&H imploded without them. Unfortunately nothing as exciting as a girl! I probably just made that up.

Can someone try to describe what its like to be apart of FOED? What is the clan chat or forums like behind the scenes? Do you hold drinking competitions?

Juris: Let me tell you about my clan from my viewpoint. I'm one of the most recent to join, and am probably the least experienced member of the clan with under 800 games. This isn't my first clan, but I quit the other when it wasn't any fun. FOED is just what I was looking for -- a bunch of people who are serious about the game but never forget that it IS a game. Victories are relished and celebrated, losses are regretted and then pushed aside. FOED brings new people in from time to time but these guys treat the new members with the same respect given to the long-term members. We have disagreements and egos, but I have never seen disagreements get nasty or personal and I've never seen an ego get in the way of good play. When players make dumb mistakes, I know from too much personal experience, the errors are criticized, but it's done constructively, never aggressively or in bad humor.
This group really IS all for one and one for all.

I’m happy to read this. I wish not I’d just passed on the leadership of O&H and taken a back seat for a while, in which case it might still have existed, but this is exactly the spirit I wanted. I hope the FOED forums are as anarchic as the O&H forums were!

Has FOED ever had to forcefully kick any of your members out of the clan? If yes, what was the reason (not talking about inactive players)?

uckuki: For the most part people seem to phase out gently. Some people weren’t thrilled but they would accept it and move on. I don’t know of anyone harboring any hard feelings or resentment. There was the rocket case (during the Outlaws & Highwaymen split), but that was an exception where the whole clan split because of it. Actually, nippersean got kicked out previously and now he’s back, and like red wine, he gets better with time.

JPlo64: Not since I've been around, I believe? We've had to tell timogl to "F'off" consistently, but we like to keep him around because he's just pure clean filthy drunken fun.

Hah, “the rocket case”. We called the thread Mitosis. I handled the whole thing really badly. It was my child and I couldn't look after it but I couldn't give it away. So, FOED, let me say this: congratulations on creating such a great clan. You’re exactly what a clan should be. I wish you all the very best for the future!

Rocket.
New Recruit titties

Postby JPlo64 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:37 pm

Interesting stuff
Major JPlo64

Return to Clan Archives