Conquer Club

Mini Cup 5 [2/8] - open for all

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mini Cup 5 [2/8] - open for all

Postby benga on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:58 am

SETUP

BRACKET: 8 clan random single elimination
SCHEDULE: rounds to start asap
Code: Select all
Clan:

To sign up I'll need your full clan name & abbreviation, primary and secondary contact. By signing up your clan, you, your clan and your players express agreement with all the rules.

What Maps and Settings Are Available
ALL non-beta maps are available for this event!
Map can be repeated 2 times but not for the same type (e.g. one will be trips and the other dubs)
Random map can be used unlimited.
All settings Except speed, manual, freestyle, poly and no forts
wars: 41 games, 6+7+7 per clan + tiebreaker classic-no spoils,chained,sunny
games per player: 13 (tiebreaker not included)
FOW: if agreed by participating clans

MCV
FOED - JPlo64
OSA - benga

MWCIV - winner S&M

MCIII - winner OSA

MCII - winner FOED

MCI- winner TOP
Last edited by benga on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 65 times in total.
Sergeant benga

Re: Mini Cup I

Postby The_Samurai on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:11 am

Retribution will take part in the first cup.

Retribution (RET)

First contact: The_Samurai
Second contact: CaronylKluster
Best rank: Brigadier - ranked #45 | high score 3306 | 6 August 2015
Proud member of The Republic clan, and Co-leader of FBRD tribe
Major The_Samurai

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:55 am

I'll be watching w excitement, I think it's a new fun idea :) (though I think it should be called the Revolving Cup ;) )
I don't think FALL will participate, we are tied up w CC6, CL7, and the new Poly Event + RL. But a few of those will end soon, so I'm sure we will be interested in a future Revolving Mini Cup :D

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:00 am

HH are in please
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Lindax on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:09 pm

IcePack wrote:I'll be watching w excitement, I think it's a new fun idea :) (though I think it should be called the Revolving Cup ;) )
I don't think FALL will participate, we are tied up w CC6, CL7, and the new Poly Event + RL. But a few of those will end soon, so I'm sure we will be interested in a future Revolving Mini Cup :D

I think it should be called the Lx Cup, in honor of the first ever Clan Tournament Director. :-^

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Mini Cup I (3/8)

Postby Chewie1 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:55 am

SC are in please
Contact is chewie1
Lieutenant Chewie1

Re: Mini Cup I (4/8)

Postby benga on Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:11 am

Made round limits allowed, so there is only 1 thing to discuss, 12h or not.
Sergeant benga

Postby bergy1 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:15 am

FAD are in

1st Contact bergy1
2nd gigi-b
Major bergy1

Postby gorehound on Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:05 pm

a pleasure for AFOS to join the first Cup competition!

first contact - gorehound
second contact - Paddy The Cat

gla!
Major gorehound

Re: Mini Cup I (6/8)

Postby uckuki on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:27 pm

FOED in
1st uckuki
2nd JPlo64

gl
Major uckuki

Re: Mini Cup I (7/8)

Postby PaulatPeace on Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:14 pm

TOP is in (tentatively - pending communication with Benga)

1st Contact - PaulatPeace
2nd Contact - Narutoserigala

(I need to make sure I understand a few things....then can confirm...Thanks)

Paul
Field Marshal PaulatPeace

Postby benga on Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:37 pm

PaulatPeace wrote:TOP is in (tentatively - pending communication with Benga)

Paul

sfter psul confirms I will ass Lindax to make the draw
Sergeant benga

Postby Keefie on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:26 am

benga wrote:
PaulatPeace wrote:TOP is in (tentatively - pending communication with Benga)

Paul

That's us buggered then, no doubt we'll get TOP in Rd1 :lol:
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby PaulatPeace on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:53 am

benga wrote:

I am hereby confirming TOP is in!

Go ahead and ass Lindax!

I would make 1 small but I believe worthwhile suggestion:

If seeding was done for each Mini-Cup based on the current month's F400 Rankings at the time ... It would make the pairings more fair to all participants! Being that this is the very first Mini-Cup, this procedure could easily be incorporated into the rules for future Mini-Cups and also be implemented in this one if all participants agree. I believe everyone would support a more fair policy...which would make the tournament more enjoyable for all...and more attractive to future participants.

Looking forward to this Benga. Thank you for thinking of this idea. It is a good one!

Paul

Postby Keefie on Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:19 pm

PaulatPeace wrote:
benga wrote:

I am hereby confirming TOP is in!

Go ahead and ass Lindax!

I would make 1 small but I believe worthwhile suggestion:

If seeding was done for each Mini-Cup based on the current month's F400 Rankings at the time ... It would make the pairings more fair to all participants! Being that this is the very first Mini-Cup, this procedure could easily be incorporated into the rules for future Mini-Cups and also be implemented in this one if all participants agree. I believe everyone would support a more fair policy...which would make the tournament more enjoyable for all...and more attractive to future participants.

Looking forward to this Benga. Thank you for thinking of this idea. It is a good one!

Paul

and reduce the chances of a lower ranked clan winning a war. We would probably not have entered if the draw was seeded.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Mini Cup II (0/8)

Postby PaulatPeace on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:19 am

I mentioned fairness!

The best tournaments seed their top players. Why? To effect overall fairness in an effort to see the best players do not meet any sooner than is necessary. This does not stop lower-ranked players from entering and possibly winning the tournament. It just promotes a more fair result based on prior performance.

In the final analysis, the best team will win....so it does not matter to TOP where we start in any tournament or if seeding is done or not. It simply seems reasonable to me that if the better clans met later in a tournament, it would be more fair...although not necessarily beneficial to any lower ranked clan.

It is interesting to note that The Conquerer's Cup, which this tournament is patterned after....seeds it's top clans!

Paul

Postby Keefie on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:51 am

PaulatPeace wrote:I mentioned fairness!

The best tournaments seed their top players. Why? To effect overall fairness in an effort to see the best players do not meet any sooner than is necessary. This does not stop lower-ranked players from entering and possibly winning the tournament. It just promotes a more fair result based on prior performance.

In the final analysis, the best team will win....so it does not matter to TOP where we start in any tournament or if seeding is done or not. It simply seems reasonable to me that if the better clans met later in a tournament, it would be more fair...although not necessarily beneficial to any lower ranked clan.

It is interesting to note that The Conquerer's Cup, which this tournament is patterned after....seeds it's top clans!

Paul

Indeed it does, as it's the Clan worlds premier tournament. This is just a bit of fun and not having seeding makes a pleasant change.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby PaulatPeace on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:05 am

Keefie wrote:

Paul

Indeed it does, as it's the Clan worlds premier tournament. This is just a bit of fun and not having seeding makes a pleasant change.

We perceive it as more than that.......although we do plan on having a lot of fun!

Paul

Postby Doc_Brown on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:29 pm

PaulatPeace wrote:
Keefie wrote:

Paul

We perceive it as more than that.......although we do plan on having a lot of fun!

Paul

There have been extensive discussions in the CD&F forum about the extent to which Conqueror's Cups should be seeded. Lower ranked clans prefer a random seeding in hopes that some of the higher ranked clans can knock each other out early, and a lower ranked clan could get a lucky seed and only face a single top-ranked clan rather than one in each round. The higher ranked clans obviously prefer the opposite so that the top seeds can expect to only meet each other in the semifinals or finals. The current implementation of CCup had the top 8 clans seeded, and all others randomly placed. The mini cup was always presented as a fun quick cup to play in between wars, especially for clans that were eliminated from CCup and were waiting for the next one to start. Since there will be a constant flow of mini cups with pretty random distribution of participating clans, the random seeding makes complete sense.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Conchobar on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:42 am

Ineed, Doc.

Paul seems to have missed the whole point of this competition.
It's exactly because it isn't seeded that it gives an element of anyone-can-win.
Sure, with a seeding system, the higher ranked clans have a better chance of progressing, but then it would be just the same as the established competitions.
FOED would probably have an advantage if this was seeded, but we don't want it that way.
Just look at the result of the random draw. TOP vs FOED in the very first round to kick off the inaugural Mini Cup.
Boy o boy is that exciting! :D
Every clan now has a fighting chance of progressing to the next round. Best of luck to them all and I think this is going to be a very enjoyable addition to the annual calendar...
Now, bring it on TOP!!! :twisted:
Colonel Conchobar

Postby PaulatPeace on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:58 am

Conchobar wrote:Ineed, Doc.

Paul seems to have missed the whole point of this competition.
It's exactly because it isn't seeded that it gives an element of anyone-can-win.
Sure, with a seeding system, the higher ranked clans have a better chance of progressing, but then it would be just the same as the established competitions.
FOED would probably have an advantage if this was seeded, but we don't want it that way.
Just look at the result of the random draw. TOP vs FOED in the very first round to kick off the inaugural Mini Cup.
Boy o boy is that exciting! :D
Every clan now has a fighting chance of progressing to the next round. Best of luck to them all and I think this is going to be a very enjoyable addition to the annual calendar...
Now, bring it on TOP!!! :twisted:

I did not miss the point brother. :roll: My point was that I viewed this competition the same as the "established" competitions. If there are those that prefer to view it as a "lesser" competition....that is their prerogative! TOP prefers to take every competition seriously and view it as an important and significant opportunity.

In this particular case, we are very excited indeed to have the opportunity to face you in the first rnd.......especially since we had just challenged you to a regular match that wasn't convenient at the time! As I told our clan in our forum thread. " We now get to kick FOED's butts ....as well as 2 other butts also!" ...........I am only sorry we will have to send you home early! :lol:

Best of luck to you also my friend! We have a great deal of respect for Uckuki & FOED. The more challenging the competition....the sweeter the victory! =D>

Paul

Postby benga on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:35 am

make this a sticky pls
Sergeant benga

Re: Mini Cup II [0/8] Sign-up thread

Postby jltile1 on Tue May 10, 2016 8:20 pm

Pack will Play

Contacts

Jltile1
Jghost7
Major jltile1

Re: Mini Cup II [1/8] Sign-up thread

Postby IcePack on Wed May 11, 2016 2:30 pm

Depending on the timing, FALL might be interested here. Let's see when it looks like it's almost full, when it might start.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Mini Cup II [1/8] Sign-up thread

Postby benga on Thu May 12, 2016 5:22 am

IcePack wrote:Depending on the timing, FALL might be interested here. Let's see when it looks like it's almost full, when it might start.

ok, also invited ole and atl to join the fun and will make one more pm to all interested parties :D
Sergeant benga

Next

Return to Clan Archives