Conquer Club

Forced Recruitment

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Forced Recruitment

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Is it acceptable for clans to add players without having permission? Like theoretically could a clan leader just run down the scoreboard adding people and that’s okay? Is it against rules or simply frowned upon?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: Forced Recruitment

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:52 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Is it acceptable for clans to add players without having permission? Like theoretically could a clan leader just run down the scoreboard adding people and that’s okay? Is it against rules or simply frowned upon?

I think anything usually forced without someone's will or knowledge is pretty bad, and falls in category of an illegal maneuver!?
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:56 pm

What do you mean by an illegal manoeuvre? I'm talking about free agents here, not players in clans already. I've seen it happen in the past and more recently too but I've never really questioned it. Of course I've never agreed with the practice and it just seems silly for a clan to operate that way. I'm just curious as to whether there is actually a rule concerning it.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:59 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:What do you mean by an illegal manoeuvre? I'm talking about free agents here, not players in clans already. I've seen it happen in the past and more recently too but I've never really questioned it. Of course I've never agreed with the practice and it just seems silly for a clan to operate that way. I'm just curious as to whether there is actually a rule concerning it.

Yes, I am talking anyone, Don't you see it as an illegal maneuver? My guess is 100% illegal, What clan leader in CC would EVER think that is a good idea, or even attempt it?

[edit]- My guess, is that it would be "foed" upon? '')>
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:03 pm

If this happened in FOED I would be kicking up a shit storm privately, not asking a question in a public forum. Personally I think it's idiotic from the clan and unfair to the player, as well as any players who went through a proper recruitment process (although whether the clan even has one if they operate like this is another question).
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:09 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:If this happened in FOED I would be kicking up a shit storm privately, not asking a question in a public forum. Personally I think it's idiotic from the clan and unfair to the player, as well as any players who went through a proper recruitment process (although whether the clan even has one if they operate like this is another question).

I am not insinuating that FOED is thinking this, To much brain power in your unit to attemt a foolish maneuver, And any clan would be dealt with harshly from CD's/Admin and a rashing from all other clans? I say we put this topic to bed? '')
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby rockfist on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:13 pm

Anyone (and I include myself in that "anyone") who did that in TOFU would be booted...yes booted.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Would it be safe to request that this thread be moved to,,,,[DELETE POST]? '')>
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Donelladan on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:27 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm talking about free agents here, not players in clans already. I've seen it happen in the past and more recently too but I've never really questioned it.

Names ? player that were recruited and clans ? I am currious and I don't think we should care about their privacy.

To answer your question in OP, I think there is no way it is allowed to do that.
And it's useless anyway, you may be able to put the player in your clan, but you can't force him to join games... so it's really pointless.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:29 pm

I think it's not mentioned anywhere but falls under "gross abuse".
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:30 pm

Donelladan wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm talking about free agents here, not players in clans already. I've seen it happen in the past and more recently too but I've never really questioned it.

Names ? player that were recruited and clans ? I am currious and I don't think we should care about their privacy.

To answer your question in OP, I think there is no way it is allowed to do that.
And it's useless anyway, you may be able to put the player in your clan, but you can't force him to join games... so it's really pointless.

I didn't think this already happened!!?? I thought it was just being thrown out there as "what if"? Absolutely I agree with the Don, that it should be brought out if in fact this happened??
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby IcePack on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:37 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Is it acceptable for clans to add players without having permission? Like theoretically could a clan leader just run down the scoreboard adding people and that’s okay? Is it against rules or simply frowned upon?

I don’t think there’s a specific CLAN rule about this issue. However feasibly could impact clan privs as there’s language about “privs will only be given to people who are in good standing with the site” and something unforeseen such as this could be used as a warning / probationary type period of the clan recieivjng privs for future wars.

I do believe there maybe USERGROUP rules that covers this but couldn’t find it. Usergroups cover social and clans. I believe people have been warned by the site over this in the past but can’t remember a specific name to cite at the moment. But something triggers a memory of his coming up previously.

Certainly it could easily fall under the SITE rules for gross abuse etc.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:47 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Donelladan wrote:

I didn't think this already happened!!?? I thought it was just being thrown out there as "what if"? Absolutely I agree with the Don, that it should be brought out if in fact this happened??

From my understanding this has happened in the past and also very recently like I said before. I thought I'd already made that clear. However, before actually disclosing names I want to get a clearer picture just in case there has been a misunderstanding or poor communication.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:03 pm

Pretty sure that would be against the rules of the site as it's gross abuse of power.

You can't go adding people to groups without their permission. I specifically remember a case where someone refused to remove someone from a clan and was met with some ire over that. Was handled privately of course, but things aka gossip used to get discussed in the chatrooms. lol.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Evil Semp on Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:12 pm

The way I understand it, it would be seriously frowned upon and could be abuse depending on the "intent."
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Evil Semp wrote:

The way I understand it, it would be seriously frowned upon and could be abuse depending on the "intent."

Mmmmm, I think I may know what Caff is talking about here. Very interesting.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:56 am

I got a bit more information and it seems the question was asked before the addition. Still not a lot to it and I don't think the player has much of a clue what clans are about but heyho.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:35 am

Can’t you just leave a clan on your own anyway?
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Vid_FISO on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:08 am

rockfist wrote:Can’t you just leave a clan on your own anyway?

You've got to know how, no idea who is being spoken about here, but if someone hasn't investigated the Control Panel and User Groups then potentially they won't know that they're in one in the first place other than seeing a new forum - if they read forums in the first place.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:33 am

Vid_FISO wrote:

You've got to know how, no idea who is being spoken about here, but if someone hasn't investigated the Control Panel and User Groups then potentially they won't know that they're in one in the first place other than seeing a new forum - if they read forums in the first place.

Also depends if the clan makes the group their default.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:57 am

Yes, but I can still imagine a lot of potential problems.

Let's say someone adds you to a clan without your knowledge during a clan war. You maybe don't notice right away, or at least not before someone else makes a complaint that you've violated the one-clan rule. Now there's a complaint, the mods have to investigate. Yes, they'll eventually figure out what happened, but a lot of PMs will fly back and forth in the meantime, and with people being on different schedules and stuff it could take several days. Meanwhile there's all kinds of people getting angry because they think you've violated the rule, and even after you leave the other clan and explain what happened there will always be some that don't believe you.

Yes, I can see a lot of potential disruption. This could be a real toxic thing to do.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:02 am

Not if it's set as your default usergroup, then you have to get a clan leader to boot you. That was the issue in the case I mentioned earlier. :lol:
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rockfist on Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:17 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:

Not if it's set as your default usergroup, then you have to get a clan leader to boot you. That was the issue in the case I mentioned earlier. :lol:

In every other game I’ve ever played weather it was called a clan, guild, alliance, or whatever you could leave in your own. I never knew you couldn’t here. You should be able to.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby BIG_John on Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:17 am

You can submit an e ticket to be removed from the clan if the leaders won’t remove you.
Colonel BIG_John

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:18 am

rockfist wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

In every other game I’ve ever played weather it was called a clan, guild, alliance, or whatever you could leave in your own. I never knew you couldn’t here. You should be able to.

Leaders of any usergroup or clan can make that group/clan your default group. As standard it's "registered users" but let's take you as an example. Monkies & Sexies tribe has been made the default group, which means you can't leave. You would need a leader of the tribe or admin to remove you. Your tribe has actually done that for all it's members too.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Next

Return to Clan Archives