Conquer Club

Selling some used dice. Any takers?

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Selling some used dice. Any takers?

Postby Arama86n on Sun May 12, 2019 2:49 am

A few weeks back I gave my self an ultimatum. If I was to miss another turn, I would resign.
Yesterday saw a wild night on the town, and the inevitable came to pass.
My life is not very compatible with membership in a a top clan.

I joined BOFM in 2010, TOFU in 2012. It's been a long run. A huge thank you to everyone for these most enjoyable years.
I often reflect back on the early days. I ask myself if these last six years have not been a little superfluous. Never again will the passion of that first cup be matched.
Joining the clan in time for the CC3 semi-final against KORT was an interesting time to be around to say the least. The fact that the Odd Fellows and Cows are on good terms today is of course a very good thing, but it was an extremely special atmosphere when it was not so.
A mixture of founding Odd Fellows and former THOTA members, all with an axe to grind. Missing a turn was not even conceivable. I was absolutely scared shitless of making a small mistake. The stakes were as big as they could be, the margins as small as could be imaginable.
A mistake could cost the game, the war, the season, the cup.
Thirty people had put SO much effort into that season that the thought of disappointing them was... It cannot be explained.

At the end of the day I am very comfortable in the knowledge that when the stakes were as highest, when my teammates relied on me to excel, to not make a mistake, to be my best, I was. We won the war, and I did my part.
The rest is dust in the wind.

May the dice be with you.
Oh, and when playing TOFU... please take care not to drip blood all over the carpet. I just had it dry-cleaned for **** sake ;)

Arama86n, signing out.
Major Arama86n

Re: Selling some used dice. Any takers?

Postby benga on Sun May 12, 2019 3:46 am

Yeah the first thrills, still remember mine too. The first time we faced KORT and were on verge of eliminating them, but that last set, the pressure was too high. I blame myself mostly, but those were exciting times. That feel, I will remember it as one of my treasures here at CC.

God speed my friend!
Sergeant benga

Postby IcePack on Mon May 13, 2019 11:58 am

Just came by to sort out a few leftover things myself, when I saw this. Sorry to hear you're going. Always someone I looked up to and respected around here, always someone whose posts and chats I looked forward to.
Hopefully like many before you, you'll keep your dice and feel the inkling to take them out from time to time.

Good luck on whatever new endeavor you undertake and may your carpets always be blood free :)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Arama86n on Mon May 13, 2019 12:07 pm

Too true. It's different when it is all new.
That said, I do truly believe that said war was one of the most hyped and most important this site has hosted, regardless of where I fit into it.)

I remember with fondness all the tourneys you used to host back in the day.
History could have taken a different turn... You and your early OSA crew were awesome chaps (I'm sure they still are), and when you recruited Nicky15, one of my favourite team-mates of all time, I would have been so happy to play for OSA. But I'd already joined TOFU, and that was that.

In some parallel Universe perhaps.

Take care benga!

-----------------------------------------------------

Cheers IcePack!

Likewise mate! I'll take this opportunity to once again thank you for everything you have done for the site. The fruits of which we have all partaken and enjoyed.
Yeah, I'm sure a Poly4 Trench fog on NapEU with yours truly waiting on the other side of the board will pop up sooner than later ;) I am partial.

All the best.
Major Arama86n

Postby rockfist on Mon May 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Sad to see it happen.

I wish I would've been there for that war just like I'm sure KORT wishes I was (the only way I could've changed the outcome was negatively - no one ever cares about margins).

Benga you may get another crack at them soon.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby hopalong on Mon May 13, 2019 11:42 pm

april fool's day jokes can only be played on april 1st.
your application for retirement has been denied. please roll again. thank you.

your challenge to yourself was to not miss another2 turns - if you really want to leave, you have to miss a turn here:
[Game]https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=19030246[/Game]

(dont worry - its not a link to my welcome thread!).

this isnt good buy, since you havent left yet.
xo
hop
Major hopalong

Postby rockfist on Tue May 14, 2019 10:06 am

I have some used dice that used to belong to Deli...anyone want them? I'll sell them cheap.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Arama86n on Wed May 15, 2019 3:49 pm

You would have enjoyed it immensely I think rock. You are a terribly competitive guy, and competitive was the word of the hour.
A lot of people REALLY wanted to win that one. To the degree that those that had less invested simply went out of their way not to disappoint.
Personally, I was nervous as hell :lol:

--

We'll see what 2020 or 2021 brings hop. Will you save me a seat, and a beer? (and not do unspeakable things to said beer. Or is the last too much to ask?)
Take care bro.

--

:lol: Deli's dice should have been classified as toxic waste and destroyed long ago.
Same mistake Isildur made with that ring ;)
When will we learn?
Major Arama86n

Postby rockfist on Thu May 16, 2019 3:11 pm

I've hired a local Hobbit to sneak into Lou's house and steal them. Much like the ring.
Brigadier rockfist

Return to Clan Archives