Conquer Club

VDLL is turning social

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

VDLL is turning social

Postby JBlombier on Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:55 pm

Hi clan folks!

A few months ago the VDLL celebrated a remarkable 12,5 years on CC. We've created a great history within our clan with annual meet-ups with pizza, beer and playing the BeNeLux-map (that 69Chevy made a huge real-life version of) at Koganosi's place. The founder of the VDLL, MarVal, made that map, so that's nice. I remember we even brought this huge thing to the national risk championships, that a few of us try to attend every year.

Throughout the years there's been a number of different leaders of which I was by far the longest sitting one and eventually the last one standing. However, after 9 years of leadership, it's time to lay down my duties, face what has been our new normal for quite some time already and act accordingly: the VDLL is better off as a social usergroup.

Thanks to the swift action taken by king achilles, as of today this is an actual fact. The VDLL is a social usergroup.
At some level, it almost feels as if the terminology 'social usergroup' covers way better what the VDLL has been the entire 12,5 years than 'competitive clan' does. This has been by far the most important reason I like the VDLL so much. We're competitive individuals, but as a group we always seemed to care the most about the social part of our group.

A great history of a great clan. It's been an honour leading it.

- JBlombier

PS. Personally I'm not searching for a clan at the moment, but perhaps some of my VDLL mates are. This post is mainly meant as a heads-up that it's alright to let 'em in one of your clans.
PPS. To any Dutch speaking player that was wishing to be part of the VDLL for a long time, but couldn't because of his/her current clan: hit me up and you're welcome to join ;)
Colonel JBlombier

Re: VDLL is turning social

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:20 pm

This was cool to read! I'm hoping to finally one day get to meet some people in real life as well that I've connected with over the years. Congrats to a long lasting set of connections.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:07 am

VDLL was my first home.

I joined CC at a very young age and joined clans somewhat later. Frederik Hendrik and JBlombier mentored me both as a player but also as a person at the time. VDLL always welcomed Dutch-speaking people with open arms, as long as you didn't miss too many turns.

I will never forget gettings drinks in the city (though really, we should've gone to Kafe België). I will never forget the meetups at Koga's. I will also always remember the gradual transition from student to working citizen for Catarah, Koga, and JB.

Thanks for the ride.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Arama86n on Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:58 am

Respect.
Wishing you guys all the best moving forward.

=D>
Major Arama86n

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:55 pm

wow ; you guys have always given us tough battles in the clan wars
I'm not one of the Fallen leaders , but I've long wished we had more dutch speaking teamamates if only to share a discussion of my love for beer oysters and French fries in mayonnaise....
I wish you all well and continued long camaraderie
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Return to Clan Archives