Conquer Club

[CC8] R3: FALL (21) vs LHDD (28) - LHDD Wins - Final 9/12/18

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC8] R3: FALL vs LHDD [0:0]

Postby betiko on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:22 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
betiko wrote:I don't know... tell me "eating seafood on a hot summer day with a 20-30$ dollar bottle bought in a store, a californian X is far superior to a french Y"

I'd have a beer.

I'd have a light beer in an iced glass or a light white wine as a matter of fact. Why are you not commenting anything in the world cup thread you stupid roastbeef??? :P
(I don't even know if english people know we call them like that?)
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:25 pm

Donelladan wrote:Game 18331042 First blood for LHDD :twisted: :twisted:

Currently 2-1, for the good guy as well.

Keep them coming !

Cool!
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:22 pm

betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
betiko wrote:I don't know... tell me "eating seafood on a hot summer day with a 20-30$ dollar bottle bought in a store, a californian X is far superior to a french Y"

I'd have a beer.

I'd have a light beer in an iced glass or a light white wine as a matter of fact. Why are you not commenting anything in the world cup thread you stupid roastbeef??? :P

Can't say I've been called a roast beef before to be honest. Also I didn't realise there was a world cup thread until recently, I don't often go to OT because it's shit.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:33 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

I'd have a beer.

Can't say I've been called a roast beef before to be honest. Also I didn't realise there was a world cup thread until recently, I don't often go to OT because it's shit.

It's the common name calling we have for you guys, but kind of an old thing. Don't know if it's from our parents or grandparents.
The term is even francisized and it's spelled rosbif/rosbeef. It's like froggies for you guys.
Major betiko

Postby rousseau72 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:55 am

Yeah it is a complex subject. The issue is import taxes on French Wines / California Wines. When I lived in the UK, the taxes were higher on California wines, so a decent 20-35 USD bottle ended being twice as expensive and French wines were what I liked at the time more. In Japan, where I live now, the taxes even out so I think a French wine will be a bit better than a California wine at the same price. VERY GROSS GENERALIZATION - and some of my favorite wines regardless of price are French - Love Chassagne Montrachet. Now on every day drinking wine though - I think Chile is the price/value leader.
betiko wrote:It's quite hard to discuss about wine because it's all terribly chauvinistic subject. What wine? What arewe comparing? it can go from .40€ euro cents to 100 000€ euros a bottle or so. And none of us here have what it takes to drink the finest bottles and apreciate them as they should.
It all comes down to your usual standards and the price range you usually buy your bottles for. French wines don't have a great price/quality ratio for compared to other for most part.... people don't all have the same taste either. There are so many type of wines that are meant for specific foods, or specific time of the day... Where and when you drink it is extremely important.

So being as generic as saying that wines from a certain country are better than another country is extremely moot.

I don't know... tell me "eating seafood on a hot summer day with a 20-30$ dollar bottle bought in a store, a californian X is far superior to a french Y"
Colonel rousseau72

Postby betiko on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:54 am

rousseau72 wrote:Yeah it is a complex subject. The issue is import taxes on French Wines / California Wines. When I lived in the UK, the taxes were higher on California wines, so a decent 20-35 USD bottle ended being twice as expensive and French wines were what I liked at the time more. In Japan, where I live now, the taxes even out so I think a French wine will be a bit better than a California wine at the same price. VERY GROSS GENERALIZATION - and some of my favorite wines regardless of price are French - Love Chassagne Montrachet. Now on every day drinking wine though - I think Chile is the price/value leader.
betiko wrote:It's quite hard to discuss about wine because it's all terribly chauvinistic subject. What wine? What arewe comparing? it can go from .40€ euro cents to 100 000€ euros a bottle or so. And none of us here have what it takes to drink the finest bottles and apreciate them as they should.
It all comes down to your usual standards and the price range you usually buy your bottles for. French wines don't have a great price/quality ratio for compared to other for most part.... people don't all have the same taste either. There are so many type of wines that are meant for specific foods, or specific time of the day... Where and when you drink it is extremely important.

So being as generic as saying that wines from a certain country are better than another country is extremely moot.

I don't know... tell me "eating seafood on a hot summer day with a 20-30$ dollar bottle bought in a store, a californian X is far superior to a french Y"

when I lived in the UK I always bought wines from chile lol... great price value as you mentioned
Major betiko

Re: [CC8] R3: FALL vs LHDD (pending LHDD review/cd reciew)

Postby General_Tao on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:16 pm

MTIceman41 wrote:
rockfist wrote:I'll be watching this with interest.

Will be a good battle... Don is one of the best players on the site and a good dude.
Just need to educate him about Napa Valley wine being the best in the world :D

As a French guy who has lived in the Bay Area, I can reassure you that you're wrong. the Cabernets in that one small area around Rutherfod, like Caymus, are excellent (though way overpriced), but most of the white wines aren't very good, and the rest is uneven. In France you can walk into a store, get a bottle for 7 euros that would kick the ass of most $30 CA wines.

The difference is in the palate, new world wines are mostly made for wine noobs, whereas in the old world people have grown up with wine and it's part of everyday life and nearly every meal.
Brigadier General_Tao

Postby djelebert on Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:28 am

There's also a thing that wasn't said. In a lot of countries, people preference go to vine wine, varietal wine, or vin de cépage in french. More easy for people to say " I prefer Chardonnay than Sauvignon, or I don't like cabernet sauvignon, it's too tannic". I think it's best way to learn about wines, varieties, and take easy pleasure for barbecue, or parties where we can drink a bit (and don't care about taste, that is not the deal of party). There's no surprise, you like cabernet sauvignon, you buy it , you drink it, it's tasty as you already know, etc.

But as far as I'm concerned, if I want to take real "plaisir", I go on "terroir" wines, which can bring some other tiny varieties, different from heavy production ones (cabernet sauvignon, merlot, syrah, gamay, grenache, pinot noir etc.) for example, mourvedre, cesar (for red whine), which can't do good cépage wine but bring so many tasty notes in mix wines more that you can have with cépage wine. The fact is to discover, sometimes it's just horrible, but sometimes it makes you a quasi gustative orgasm, when a good wine is associated with good cheese, good meat or chocolate for example.
I can't stand drinking wine as eating Mcdo food. If I go to a region, I don't want to taste a wine similar to what I already know. I can't stand tourists who come in french wine region or anywhere else to drink wine, and want to drink only cabernet sauvignon because they like it, but don't want to discover local wines. For me it's the height of laziness and narrow-mindedness. I know it's quite fulsome, but wine is a serious thing, not for children! :-)
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby donche64 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:29 am

Damn I'm thirsty. Let's get wasted with the FOED guys! :D :D

You have been awarded the medal "Clan Achievement"

For being named MVP of the Premier Division of [CL7] Clan League VII

...thus being better than Mishalex!
Colonel donche64

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:59 pm

djelebert wrote:There's also a thing that wasn't said. In a lot of countries, people preference go to vine wine, varietal wine, or vin de cépage in french. More easy for people to say " I prefer Chardonnay than Sauvignon, or I don't like cabernet sauvignon, it's too tannic". I think it's best way to learn about wines, varieties, and take easy pleasure for barbecue, or parties where we can drink a bit (and don't care about taste, that is not the deal of party). There's no surprise, you like cabernet sauvignon, you buy it , you drink it, it's tasty as you already know, etc.

But as far as I'm concerned, if I want to take real "plaisir", I go on "terroir" wines, which can bring some other tiny varieties, different from heavy production ones (cabernet sauvignon, merlot, syrah, gamay, grenache, pinot noir etc.) for example, mourvedre, cesar (for red whine), which can't do good cépage wine but bring so many tasty notes in mix wines more that you can have with cépage wine. The fact is to discover, sometimes it's just horrible, but sometimes it makes you a quasi gustative orgasm, when a good wine is associated with good cheese, good meat or chocolate for example.
I can't stand drinking wine as eating Mcdo food. If I go to a region, I don't want to taste a wine similar to what I already know. I can't stand tourists who come in french wine region or anywhere else to drink wine, and want to drink only cabernet sauvignon because they like it, but don't want to discover local wines. For me it's the height of laziness and narrow-mindedness. I know it's quite fulsome, but wine is a serious thing, not for children! :-)

what the f*ck are you talking about
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: [CC8] R3: FALL vs LHDD [2:4]

Postby Donelladan on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:41 pm

FALL, all your double games are standard game, not double.
Please re-create them.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:46 am

Donelladan wrote:FALL, all your double games are standard game, not double.
Please re-create them.

Done, my apologies. Also posted our games for the database / war link. Good luck, looks close so far.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:53 am

IcePack wrote:
Please re-create them.

Done, my apologies. Also posted our games for the database / war link. Good luck, looks close so far.

I mp'ed our home games and this message to nolefan, I thought he was in charge.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:55 am

Donelladan wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Please re-create them.

I mp'ed our home games and this message to nolefan, I thought he was in charge.

He is, but I had some time this morning and noticed your post here.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:54 am

You are missing a player in both AYABATU.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:35 am

Donelladan wrote:You are missing a player in both AYABATU.

That was Pixar who couldn’t be invited due to not playing in 30 days.
He has the PW for home games and should be joined today

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CC8] R3: FALL vs LHDD [5:4]

Postby nolefan5311 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:16 pm

I’ve sent two PMs now requesting the password for the LHDD home games since we have a player who can’t receive invites. I haven’t received a response yet.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby Paengars on Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Don is busy and shouldn't answer for the weekend but i sent you a pm with the pw.
General Paengars

Postby nolefan5311 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:14 pm

Thanks!
Captain nolefan5311

Postby IcePack on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Current 6-5 for FALL. Looks like LHDD has edge in round 1 though.
All round 2 games have started GL in final stretch

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Fewnix on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:07 am

IcePack wrote:Current 6-5 for FALL. Looks like LHDD has edge in round 1 though.
All round 2 games have started GL in final stretch

COOL!
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby donche64 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Erf, but your second set start is really tough on us so far...

Nevertheless, I'd rather lose this quarter final and win Sunday's final

You have been awarded the medal "Clan Achievement"

For being named MVP of the Premier Division of [CL7] Clan League VII

...thus being better than Mishalex!
Colonel donche64

Re: [CC8] R3: FALL vs LHDD [7:9]

Postby Donelladan on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:45 am

For those interested, current score ( taking into account games not finished, some might still be turned) is around FALL 18 - LHDD 18.
Very tough battle in the remaining games.

Intense war so far.

Go LHDD !!
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Donelladan wrote:For those interested, current score ( taking into account games not finished, some might still be turned) is around FALL 18 - LHDD 18.

Intense war so far.

Go LHDD !!

I’m expecting another very close finish, perhaps another 1 game war?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:15 pm

IcePack wrote:
Donelladan wrote:For those interested, current score ( taking into account games not finished, some might still be turned) is around FALL 18 - LHDD 18.

Intense war so far.

Go LHDD !!

I’m expecting another very close finish, perhaps another 1 game war?

As long as it's for us this time, I am up for it ! :D
Brigadier Donelladan

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges