Conquer Club

Clan League 3:THE FINAL! AOC vs IA [9-10] IA WINS ! Final !

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who will win?

Agents of Chaos
56%
Immortal Assassins
44%

Total votes : 48

Re: Clan League 3 : THE FINAL

Postby Eyestone on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:14 am

Masli wrote:I will be away for 17 days, starting tomorrow. So you'll have to ask the other CD's to update (or ask chipv who will sit for me)
I might have internet access next week, but you never know in Croatia...

If someone will update it as we go along, that someone could perhaps add the clan names and score in the heading? That should make it a little more interesting to people passing by...
General Eyestone

Postby Masli on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:00 pm

Eyestone wrote:
Masli wrote:I will be away for 17 days, starting tomorrow. So you'll have to ask the other CD's to update (or ask chipv who will sit for me)

If someone will update it as we go along, that someone could perhaps add the clan names and score in the heading? That should make it a little more interesting to people passing by...

done ;)
Colonel Masli

Postby Leehar on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:46 pm

Josko's someone we know in Croatia. Get a game from his house so we can know he's not sitting for you, or wait..
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:23 am

Leehar wrote:

Josko's someone we know in Croatia. Get a game from his house so we can know he's not sitting for you, or wait..

I think Masli should change nickname to Masli.ri during his apsence ;)

AoC wins 10-9. good luck to both clans, it will be interesting to follow.

p.s. if anyone need sitting, please let me know, I am going from house to house for sitting when needed ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby Namor on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:24 am

josko.ri wrote:
... p.s. if anyone need sitting, please let me know, I am going from house to house for sitting when needed ;)

:lol: you gotta love him.
Colonel Namor

Postby FarangDemon on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:23 am

Eyestone wrote:
Master Fenrir wrote:I'm rooting for IA, but I fear the legendary AoC dice...

Yup. It's even stronger now that it has been changed to women's footballs. We are huge on female soccer :!: Just like how Norway demolished the dreaded Equatorial Guinea by 1-0 last night. They toyed with them up until the 87th minute before scoring the decisive goal. That's how we will toy with The Assissans in this challenge 8-)

While you are toying with the Assissans, four shiv-wielding figures congeal out of the blackness to assassinate you... and then meld back into the shadows
Click image to enlarge.

"He came dancin across the water.... FarangDemon, FarangDemon.... mmmhh....what a killer..."
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby Eyestone on Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:44 am

FarangDemon wrote:
Eyestone wrote:

Yup. It's even stronger now that it has been changed to women's footballs. We are huge on female soccer :!: Just like how Norway demolished the dreaded Equatorial Guinea by 1-0 last night. They toyed with them up until the 87th minute before scoring the decisive goal. That's how we will toy with The Assissans in this challenge 8-)

While you are toying with the Assissans, four shiv-wielding figures congeal out of the blackness to assassinate you... and then meld back into the shadows

How inapropriate! I'm only armed with my dice...
General Eyestone

Re: Clan League 3 : THE FINAL ! AOC vs IA [0-0]

Postby jpcloet on Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:58 am

Poll added.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby FarangDemon on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:36 am

Eyestone wrote:
FarangDemon wrote:
Eyestone wrote:

We'll go for your fingers first, so that even if you survive, you'll be unable to roll again.
Click image to enlarge.

"He came dancin across the water.... FarangDemon, FarangDemon.... mmmhh....what a killer..."
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby Seulessliathan on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:40 am

good luck both clans, make it a great show here please :)
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby Eyestone on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:43 am

FarangDemon wrote:
Eyestone wrote:
FarangDemon wrote:
Eyestone wrote:

We'll go for your fingers first, so that even if you survive, you'll be unable to roll again.

I look forward to see your frustration grow when I keep rolling like nothing has happened over and over and over again :mrgreen:
General Eyestone

Postby peanutsdad on Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Good luck to both sides, congrats to making to the final's. I have to give the edge to AOC though, just think there do is all.
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby Namor on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:41 am

:lol: Everyone that voted for KoRT and TSM to make the finals are putting the jinx on us, by voting our victory. We already have a number of Agents, whose dice engines aren't firing on all cylinders.
Colonel Namor

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:51 am

Namor wrote::lol: Everyone that voted for KoRT and TSM to make the finals are putting the jinx on us, by voting our victory. We already have a number of Agents, whose dice engines aren't firing on all cylinders.

how are the games going? any early predictions?
Major josko.ri

Postby Namor on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:31 am

josko.ri wrote:
Namor wrote::lol: Everyone that voted for KoRT and TSM to make the finals are putting the jinx on us, by voting our victory. We already have a number of Agents, whose dice engines aren't firing on all cylinders.

how are the games going? any early predictions?

I think IA have an edge in more than half of them, but only 1-2 games that are looking certain on one side or the other.
Colonel Namor

Postby Master Fenrir on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:57 pm

Namor wrote:

:? You mean "the legendary AoC dice" that weren't as good as the IA dice, in our only 2 encounters? ;)

For the record, it was meant solely as a joke and I didn't mean to imply that you AoC can only rely on their dice to win.

All I know is that I hate playing you guys. When I see you fill my games, I cringe. Especially if Beer's on my team. ;)
General Master Fenrir

Postby angola on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:07 am

Master Fenrir wrote:
Namor wrote:

:? You mean "the legendary AoC dice" that weren't as good as the IA dice, in our only 2 encounters? ;)

For the record, it was meant solely as a joke and I didn't mean to imply that you AoC can only rely on their dice to win.

All I know is that I hate playing you guys. When I see you fill my games, I cringe. Especially if Beer's on my team. ;)

For the record, I have no skill and rely solely on dice.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby Namor on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:24 am

angola wrote:
Master Fenrir wrote:
Namor wrote:

For the record, I have no skill and rely solely on dice.

:lol:

... and for the record, I took it as a joke and my reply was intended to pull your plonker. Consider it pulled.

Like angola, I also, would be lost, without my "legendary dice".
Colonel Namor

Re: Clan League 3 : THE FINAL ! AOC vs IA [0-1]

Postby Masli on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:51 am

1st win goes to Immortal Assassins =D> =D>

Greetings from Croatia 8-) 8-)
Colonel Masli

Re: Clan League 3 : THE FINAL ! AOC vs IA [0-1]

Postby Denise on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Good luck to both clans! This will be a fun one to watch. :)
Colonel Denise

Re: Clan League 3 : THE FINAL ! AOC vs IA [0-2]

Postby Masli on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:40 am

looks like loki is on a roll ;)
Colonel Masli

Re: Clan League 3 : THE FINAL ! AOC vs IA [0-2]

Postby danryan on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:48 am

From a quick view of the games, I'm glad we're not playing IA in this one. They're pissed off and looking for blood!
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Re: Clan League 3 : THE FINAL ! AOC vs IA [1-2]

Postby Eyestone on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:06 am

By now most know of the "loop hole" that allows a player to attack (be it in a nuclear or escalating game) and not receive a spoil by intentionally timing out their turn. We are well aware that there are some on this site that think this sort of cheap tactic is fine, if it can be passed off as a loophole in the rules. It doesn't matter how you look at it, it's bollocks. If everyone followed the same cheap tactic, then every escalating game would reach round 4 then become a No Spoils game, whilst the remaining turns all timed out. At least until one team got a stranglehold, then the losing cowards would start to cash, in a desperate attempt to claw the game back.

We were under the impression that most top tier clans on this site would share the same point of view. When playing a normal war it can easily be worked into the pre-war negotiations. But we never expected to run into this in the League Finals.

Agents of Chaos are of the opinion that two wrongs don't make a right, so won't be using the same cowardly tactic. The problem there though, is that it becomes clear that any clan that wishes to play this game in the true spirit (with honour) is at a clear disadvantage in a competition that allows another clan to cheat (be it through a legal loophole or not). The question now is does IA (as a whole) condone or condemn the actions of JBoy and 300 Spartans? We know that you are under no obligation to respond to us, but hope that IA is honorable enough to tell us their intentions and what matter of tactics we have to look forward to for the rest of the match.

Details of the incidence are as follows:
show: Incident

It's a shame that they had to resort to these cheap tactics, because they have been playing well in a lot of games and stood a good chance of winning this without cheating.

AOC considers use of this exploit to be cheating. We are likely to state that we want opponents to sign up to not using it ahead of all future challenges in which we partake. Our participation in future events is likely to be dependent on it. We want to play this game the way it's meant to be played, we hope that most people would see it that way.

This is posted on behalf of all of the Agents of Chaos and is our collective view.

Edit: Fixed a lost game link.
Last edited by Eyestone on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
General Eyestone

Postby Seulessliathan on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:56 am

Eyestone wrote:Details of the incidence are as follows:

You missed to mention that your mate regan missed/skipped his turn in 3rd Crusade. I am always a fan of telling the whole story. I don´t say this would legitimate running out of time, i just believe it´s always better not to hide such details which might be important too. Skipped turns can be considered cheap tactics too, and since you guys already discuss this subject, it doesn´t seem to be very likely that nobody was able to sit for regan (i don´t say you skipped it on purpose, but it looks like in this situation, of course it can still be a normal missed turn)

To the topic:
I have heard this discussion more then once before, and usually more people tend to agree with Eyestone/AOC about this, but others say , if the system still allows it, it must be a feature.
IMO CC mechanics should be changed in that way that you get a card after you conquered/bombed ter in your turn, no matter if you end your turn or not. Would be a suprise if that has never been suggested in Suggestion Forum, perhaps someone who has seen it there can tell us what was the reason to decide against it, or tell us that they plan it soon.

I think this should be discussed, and if CC doesn´t change the mechanics, then clans should consider to make a gentleman rule about this. All Clans would have to agree to this rule if playing League or CC Cup, in clan wars both clans can discuss it.
In case majority considers this a feature, then we should let every clan know that it´s fine to run out of time.
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby Namor on Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:14 am

Seulessliathan wrote:
Eyestone wrote:Details of the incidence are as follows:

You missed to mention that your mate regan missed/skipped his turn in 3rd Crusade. I am always a fan of telling the whole story. I don´t say this would legitimate running out of time, i just believe it´s always better not to hide such details which might be important too. Skipped turns can be considered cheap tactics too, and since you guys already discuss this subject, it doesn´t seem to be very likely that nobody was able to sit for regan (i don´t say you skipped it on purpose, but it looks like in this situation, of course it can still be a normal missed turn)

To the topic:
I have heard this discussion more then once before, and usually more people tend to agree with Eyestone/AOC about this, but others say , if the system still allows it, it must be a feature.
IMO CC mechanics should be changed in that way that you get a card after you conquered/bombed ter in your turn, no matter if you end your turn or not. Would be a suprise if that has never been suggested in Suggestion Forum, perhaps someone who has seen it there can tell us what was the reason to decide against it, or tell us that they plan it soon.

I think this should be discussed, and if CC doesn´t change the mechanics, then clans should consider to make a gentleman rule about this. All Clans would have to agree to this rule if playing League or CC Cup, in clan wars both clans can discuss it.
In case majority considers this a feature, then we should let every clan know that it´s fine to run out of time.

Actually, the part I've marked in red explains the missed turn. Just to clearify it further I'll add; we sent a PM to lokisgal, pointing out her stance on the cheap tactic and offered to have all players miss a turn or time out, until it got back round to JBoy.
Namor wrote:Hi Loki

I know, from your stance in the CLA, regarding Nuke spoils;
lokisgal wrote:boo on the nukes to much room for abuse.

...that you consider it to be cheap tactics, to deliberately 'time out'. Which is why I can only assume that you are unaware of these two occurrences.

Game 9291368, a few hours after this game, Jet had the same opportunity, but didn't take it. We gave IA the benefit of the doubt and moved on.

Game 9291365 however, this game could be turned over because of it. We didn't want to take the first cash either, but we just didn't attack with Hypo's turn and then my turn had a 4-1 attack fail, so i had no choise anyway. But JBoy, has not only attacked and timed out, he has also ended up with a bonus. I'm certain that if IA win, they would like to know they did it within the spirit of the game (you only need look at the shit that KoRT has had, since their win over TOFU, to see the drawback of such a win).

I propose that each of the remaining 5 players, all time out (attacks may or may not be carried out), until we come back round to JBoy. I will advise Regan to do so on his turn, regardless, in case you don't receive this PM before his turn.

Lokisgal replied
lokisgal wrote:hey

ive pmed Jboy to see what happened - I cant speak for a game Im not in. Hopefully Ill hear from him when he logs on later today . If you all want to have someone time out thats ok with me
for now til I know what happend that seems like the best idea to me

Then after Regan had missed HIS turn, lokisgal replied with;

lokisgal wrote:hey Namor

thanks but we decline to have everyone time out their turn

If that didn't compound the issue further, then another time out by JustCallMeStupid certainly did.

---------------------------------------

For the record I also missed a turn in the Iraq game. This was due to the fact I was caught up in this business and whilst writing on our forum and seeking advice elsewhere, the time ran away from me and I forgot my games. As it happens I believe my miss has done us a huge disservice and has likely cost us a game that we had the edge on.
Colonel Namor

Next

Return to Complete Challenges