Conquer Club

[ACC] The All Comers Cup - Final

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The All Comers Cup [ACC] - Second Round

Postby Gunn217 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:22 pm

danryan wrote:
joe snuffy wrote:Look deep at the starfish. When it winks, they will know defeat.

You know the stunner is coming.

The shocker for you, my friend! :-o
Major Gunn217

Postby eggrollonedolla on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Ill kiss it.

I'MA MAN, BABY!!!!! ;)
Captain eggrollonedolla

Postby Gunn217 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:17 pm

eggrollonedolla wrote:Ill kiss it.

I'MA MAN, BABY!!!!! ;)

Dude! You just got married!?! Why are you talking about kissing starfishes?
Major Gunn217

Postby danryan on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Gunn217 wrote:

I'MA MAN, BABY!!!!! ;)

He just got married. No more sex. Quod Erat Demonstratum.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Result update

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:42 am

Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Re: Result update

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:21 am

Good luck next round LOW
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby reptile on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:27 am

Thanks Patrica, very even fight out there even without one of your guys

(i know i am moving your ranking up when vote time comes around again, very well done). As should most anyone that was following this war.
Major reptile

Postby eggrollonedolla on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:43 pm

danryan wrote:
Gunn217 wrote:

I'MA MAN, BABY!!!!! ;)

:cry:
Captain eggrollonedolla

Postby DogAlmighty on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:50 pm

eggrollonedolla wrote:
danryan wrote:
Gunn217 wrote:

I'MA MAN, BABY!!!!! ;)

:cry:

Nah, just need to keep It happy and all's well. Quid Pro Quo.
Major DogAlmighty

Postby hotfire on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:14 pm

so far the proposed optimistic schedule is only 3 weeks off....after only almost 2 rounds...
Colonel hotfire

Postby TheMissionary on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:14 pm

What's the story with GG/AOD? We are ready to get started over here at the airport.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby kennys777 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:35 pm

TheMissionary wrote:What's the story with GG/AOD? We are ready to get started over here at the airport.

Well, there was a delay on the decision from DJ, but it looks like he made his decision. Good luck to the remaining clans...Poorly run tournament DJ, but I have already said my piece of mind.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby Gunn217 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:41 pm

Please don't get negative in the main thread. If you want to continue to bitch, do it in PM or in the GG/AOD thread. You've done a fine job, DJ.
Major Gunn217

Postby kennys777 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Gunn217 wrote:Please don't get negative in the main thread. If you want to continue to bitch, do it in PM or in the GG/AOD thread. You've done a fine job, DJ.

Isn't "if you want to continue to bitch" a negative comment in itself? Save your rhetoric for someone else, I believe I am afforded the right to speak about how this tournament was run.
Sergeant kennys777

Re: The All Comers Cup [ACC] - Third Round

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Never mind, at least the South Park Kenny kept his mouth shut ;)

Seriously though, AOD are annoyed as GG were messy with the FOW courtesy. On inspection, they hadn't violated in any games they won, although it didn't help I took AOD on their word initially when they started complaining.

To complicate things AOD want an alternative to the CLA FOW rule to apply.

There is also debate about a remade game. A deadbeat situation led to this. MOWs suggested a remake, voiding the original game. AOD want to undo this, claiming duress.

A further complaint relates to minimal consequences imposed when GG were late creating and joining games. This has occured in many ties and leeway was given.

Going into round 3, FOW will be clarified, no action taken on deadbeating (unless there is evidence its deliberate), consequences of lateness imposed strictly, and complaints must be made when violations occur (and not as ties reach a conclusion).

Postby codierose on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:38 am

DJ Teflon wrote:On inspection, they hadn't violated in any games they won, although it didn't help I took AOD on their word initially when they started complaining.
you sure ? you keep changing your mind if you want quotes from where you said they did i will ok here you go
GG have violated the rule (where applicable to the map) 7 times in team games:

Game 9718975 AOD Won anyway
Game 9734213 GG close to winning
Game 9703281 - AOD Won anyway
Game 9703284 - GG won
Game 9703286 - GG won
Game 9703288 - AOD Won anyway
Game 9703292 - AOD Won anyway

This effectively means GG lose 4 points, and thereby hands the tie to GG - a sad end but rules are rules.

then the change of mind
CORRECTION :

The FOW Rule breach is only relevent in this game:

Game 9703284

and the change of mind again 7 to 1 to none. the indecsion in the way its been played had big part in why AOD is pissed
enough said well played GG gl in the next round
Major codierose

Postby Teflon Kris on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:14 am

Yep, big balls up by me in accepting AOD's claim without inspecting properly.

Postby eggrollonedolla on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:25 am

kennys777 wrote:
Gunn217 wrote:Please don't get negative in the main thread. If you want to continue to bitch, do it in PM or in the GG/AOD thread. You've done a fine job, DJ.

Isn't "if you want to continue to bitch" a negative comment in itself? Save your rhetoric for someone else, I believe I am afforded the right to speak about how this tournament was run.

actually continue to bitch is a statement about the happenings going on. I got some negative rhetoric in my pocket here for ya. DJ made a mistake without looking into the details completely. He has owned up to this and you need to chill out.
Captain eggrollonedolla

Postby General Brock II on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:00 am

Looking forward to Round 3, MM!

edit: The conflict has transcended to here as well? Almost like a high tempered soap opera. :P

We shall fight in France. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. ~ Winston Churchill
Captain General Brock II

Postby stahrgazer on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:25 am

DJ Teflon wrote:Never mind, at least the South Park Kenny kept his mouth shut ;)

Seriously though, AOD are annoyed as GG were messy with the FOW courtesy. On inspection, they hadn't violated in any games they won, although it didn't help I took AOD on their word initially when they started complaining.

There is also debate about a remade game. A deadbeat situation led to this. MOWs suggested a remake, voiding the original game. AOD want to undo this, claiming duress.

A further complaint relates to minimal consequences imposed when GG were late creating and joining games. This has occured in many ties and leeway was given.

Going into round 3, FOW will be clarified, no action taken on deadbeating (unless there is evidence its deliberate), consequences of lateness imposed strictly, and complaints must be made when violations occur (and not as ties reach a conclusion).

Interesting.
If there was some abuse of whatever 'gentleman's agreement' was made, I can see where AoD wouldn't be too thrilled.

Remaking a game when another team deadbeated, and no action taken? Seems wrong, especially since that's the only real 'CC rule': no deadbeating is a rule here, while the other things are gentlemen's agreements only.

Lateness can be aggravating, but it happens, so again, imposing consequences for that, "strictly," where deadbeating gets no action? Interesting. It does, however, make sense that complaints should be made immediately, not just if a game is going against the group that wasn't late.

But overall, if a team is consistently violating the little things, those little things add up into something bigger, so AoD's disgruntlement should be understandable; and since whatever venting took place here didn't violate any forum rules, what's the problem with them venting? Some of you may remember a similar series of miniscule infractions LoW witnessed in another series, that finally added up into something greater than the tiny parts. Little action was taken then, either, the reason given: no punishments for those infractions were stated up-front. But the other team WAS severely warned to stick to their agreements, which was something.

Yeah, little things rub, and when repeated, it's like continually rubbing at a scab: eventually it gets more sore, more raw, and more bloody, even if "rubbing" itself doesn't make wounds.

Sorry you had an un-enjoyable time, AoD.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Teflon Kris on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:00 pm

stahrgazer wrote:Remaking a game when another team deadbeated, and no action taken? Seems wrong, especially since that's the only real 'CC rule': no deadbeating is a rule here, while the other things are gentlemen's agreements only.

The no deadbeating rule sounds interesting, please point me in that direction. ;)

The deliberate missed turn / time-out rule still applies to deadbeating of course.

Remaking was the action taken (after joint suggestion by MOWs). Given the subsequent furore, and attempts to reverse the agreement, it is not an advisable action in circumstances such as these.

In future rounds, if deadbeating is demonstrated to be deliberate (which it wasn't here) then the game is awarded to the opponent.

Rule updates will be posted shortly.

Lateness can be aggravating, but it happens, so again, imposing consequences for that, "strictly," where deadbeating gets no action? Interesting. It does, however, make sense that complaints should be made immediately, not just if a game is going against the group that wasn't late.

stahrgazer wrote:But overall, if a team is consistently violating the little things, those little things add up into something bigger ... Yeah, little things rub, and when repeated, it's like continually rubbing at a scab: eventually it gets more sore, more raw, and more bloody, even if "rubbing" itself doesn't make wounds.

Agreed, although very difficult to legislate against the accumulation of little things.

Postby General Brock II on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:23 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:Never mind, at least the South Park Kenny kept his mouth shut ;)

Interesting.
If there was some abuse of whatever 'gentleman's agreement' was made, I can see where AoD wouldn't be too thrilled.

Remaking a game when another team deadbeated, and no action taken? Seems wrong, especially since that's the only real 'CC rule': no deadbeating is a rule here, while the other things are gentlemen's agreements only.

But overall, if a team is consistently violating the little things, those little things add up into something bigger, so AoD's disgruntlement should be understandable; and since whatever venting took place here didn't violate any forum rules, what's the problem with them venting? Some of you may remember a similar series of miniscule infractions LoW witnessed in another series, that finally added up into something greater than the tiny parts. Little action was taken then, either, the reason given: no punishments for those infractions were stated up-front. But the other team WAS severely warned to stick to their agreements, which was something.

Yeah, little things rub, and when repeated, it's like continually rubbing at a scab: eventually it gets more sore, more raw, and more bloody, even if "rubbing" itself doesn't make wounds.

I think, Stahr, before becoming sympathetic, you should view the war forum... The fact that conflict has shifted to this forum, as well, is a little inordinate.

Gentleman's agreement? Interesting term...

And the "other team" didn't deadbeat. A player has disappeared, and we haven't heard from him at all, even now. We're just hoping that he's not deceased or hospitalized. I doubt that he'll remain a member of the Regiment, even if he does return.

We shall fight in France. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. ~ Winston Churchill
Captain General Brock II

Postby chemefreak on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Everyone ready for the third round?
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Teflon Kris on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:47 pm

Let's go.

:D

show: Rules Update

The clock is now ticking - MOWs have been PM'd and all team games should be created (and joined for home games) within 84 hours.

Away team games should be joined within 1 week (unless home game creation by oppoenents misses the deadline (whereby MOWs can contact me to request opponents games are created as random)).

8-)

Congrats to MM who have created their home team games already.

=D>

Postby TheMissionary on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Well, what can we say...we've been ready.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges