Conquer Club

[CL5] 1:KORT MVP:josko 2:ID MVP:M Chief 3:AQOH MVP:thelord

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CL5]-Clan League 5- main page [Phase 1 close to end]

Postby chapcrap on Wed May 29, 2013 10:50 am

Doc_Brown wrote:
IcePack wrote:So if you fail to recruit players, we can expect you will drop from CC4 as well?

No, we don't expect to fail, and no we won't be dropping CC4.

Well, if you don't have enough men now and you don't get 4-5 recruits, then how will you have enough for CC4?

I expect no punishment and no repercussions from this. There was no punishment for Empire/AOC, so how can the CDs punish for this? Should there be punishment? Yes. Will there be? I doubt it, because how is that going to be maneuvered? The Head CD is in ACE and they received no punishment. It's gonna look pretty bad if TOFU gets punished now.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby josko.ri on Wed May 29, 2013 10:54 am

freakns wrote:and to respond to cat, if its all about fun, then youd have no problem having lesser results in CL5, but i guess when it is between fun and being the best, TOFU will chose later. nothing wrong with that, but call it as it is.

Nice copy of my thinking, just expressed with other words. I thought you are able for more unique ideas than being just copycat of me.
Major josko.ri

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed May 29, 2013 10:57 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby IcePack on Wed May 29, 2013 11:01 am

BGtheBrain wrote:One was a merger. One is lack of planning.

Very different.

Of course nothin will be don't though. Perhaps the min# of active player in a clan need to be increased though to 20 to prevent something like this in the future.

I disagree. One was a merger, one was over obligating themselves, and then choosing which event they participate in instead of finishing what they started.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed May 29, 2013 11:02 am

chapcrap wrote:Well, if you don't have enough men now and you don't get 4-5 recruits, then how will you have enough for CC4?

We are very likely to receive the first-round bye in CC4 (26 wins already, and nearly certain to win at least 5 more based on current game status). That easily gives us 4-6 weeks and will get us through some of the planned vacations and absences. We took a careful look at availability and schedule. We will be able to cover CC4 with existing players, and with 2-3 more we'll be in a much more comfortable spot. With 5+, we'll be approaching full strength again.

It's not based on a lack of planning. The departures were announced within the last week, as were some of the vacations. Some of these kinds of thinks just can't be planned for 6 months in advance!
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Swifte on Wed May 29, 2013 11:02 am

On behalf of Immortal Assassins, we are willing to accept TOFU merging in to our clan.
Colonel Swifte

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed May 29, 2013 11:04 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby freakns on Wed May 29, 2013 11:07 am

josko.ri wrote:
freakns wrote:and to respond to cat, if its all about fun, then youd have no problem having lesser results in CL5, but i guess when it is between fun and being the best, TOFU will chose later. nothing wrong with that, but call it as it is.

Nice copy of my thinking, just expressed with other words. I thought you are able for more unique ideas than being just copycat of me.

if i was copycat of you, id be obsessed with TOFU(which im not... only with hot chicks in, so you might get wrong impression), id have really bad jokes(like the one you had right now... which i do have, but unlike you, i hit a jackpot sometimes... im like Adam Dunn, my avg is below Mendoza line, but when i hit it, its home run... so again, someone could be mistaken)... my english would be worse then qwerts(again, i admit, my english is far from good, so this also can be fair mistake)... and id be living in vanity fair, and that is something i could never achieve, even if i try...

so no, i could never be copycat of you. more polite, interesting, social and witty version of you maybe, but then its not you anymore
Brigadier freakns

Postby L M S on Wed May 29, 2013 11:15 am

freakns wrote:
josko.ri wrote:

if i was copycat of you, id be obsessed with TOFU(which im not... only with hot chicks in, so you might get wrong impression), id have really bad jokes(like the one you had right now... which i do have, but unlike you, i hit a jackpot sometimes... im like Adam Dunn, my avg is below Mendoza line, but when i hit it, its home run... so again, someone could be mistaken)... my english would be worse then qwerts(again, i admit, my english is far from good, so this also can be fair mistake)... and id be living in vanity fair, and that is something i could never achieve, even if i try...

so no, i could never be copycat of you. more polite, interesting, social and witty version of you maybe, but then its not you anymore

=D>
ā€œOne of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.ā€
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby catnipdreams on Wed May 29, 2013 11:19 am

Oh goodness, I don't even know where to start with all this. For the record, my enjoyment comes from playing games where I give plenty of thought to each game, to each move in each game. I have been having to turn down game invitations that I would dearly like to accept, due to not having enough time to spend on CC. Now some are suggesting that I (and others who feel as I do) take on more games, but lessen our enjoyment of those games, because we won't have enough time to properly play them? How is that reasonable and enjoyable?

And this talk of punishment for dropping out of a competition? What in the world? I expected people to be sympathetic to our situation, perhaps say that they will miss us in the competition, that sort of thing. This is just bizarre to me. In my simple CC world view, a clan is a group of people who enjoy playing with each other, and who enjoy friendly, respectful, sportsmanlike competition with other clans. Can we perhaps go in that direction?
Major catnipdreams

Postby Dako on Wed May 29, 2013 11:25 am

I am glad you are all worried how many recruits TOFU will get and how many games we will be able to play, which competitions we compete and if we will be ok in CCUp4. I am so glad you are sending your prayers to us! Thank you. I am sure they will help us strengthen our resolve to battle on.

On the other hand, it is none of your busyness if we fail to recruit new members or which events we chose to sign up for. We are signed up for CCup4 which has already started and we will compete in it. If you are so worried about TOFU or any clan dropping out of CCup or CL or any other event - go ahead and create a rule or some kind of penalty or whatever you prefer. You can then hold a vote on that, and if majority likes the new rule you can hold another vote and inject it into current competitions if that is what majority wants. We don't mind. Or you can fast-forward it and use almighty CD power to change the course of universe, we don't mind about that as well.
Colonel Dako

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed May 29, 2013 11:41 am

Wouldn't it just be more sensible not having so many clan comps starting at around the same time in April/ May and spread them out a bit more? September would make more sense to start one or more with a built in Xmas break and don't have any likely to last more than 9 months so that there is little pressure in the summer months.
Major Vid_FISO

Postby josko.ri on Wed May 29, 2013 11:45 am

Vid_FISO wrote:Wouldn't it just be more sensible not having so many clan comps starting at around the same time in April/ May and spread them out a bit more? September would make more sense to start one or more with a built in Xmas break and don't have any likely to last more than 9 months so that there is little pressure in the summer months.

There is no problem with summer months, other 34/35 clans will normally play their competitions they signed for even during the summer. But there is one special clan that rather withdraw than playing when they cannot put 100 percent of their abilities so they can manage to stay on top.
Major josko.ri

Postby comic boy on Wed May 29, 2013 12:01 pm

Swifte wrote:On behalf of Immortal Assassins, we are willing to accept TOFU merging in to our clan.

IA have some very good players, we would be very happy to consider applications from some of them to join TOFU. Please keep an eye out for a new recruitment thread and be assured that all discussions will be confidential ;)
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby freakns on Wed May 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Dako wrote:I am glad you are all worried how many recruits TOFU will get and how many games we will be able to play, which competitions we compete and if we will be ok in CCUp4. I am so glad you are sending your prayers to us! Thank you. I am sure they will help us strengthen our resolve to battle on.

On the other hand, it is none of your busyness if we fail to recruit new members or which events we chose to sign up for. We are signed up for CCup4 which has already started and we will compete in it. If you are so worried about TOFU or any clan dropping out of CCup or CL or any other event - go ahead and create a rule or some kind of penalty or whatever you prefer. You can then hold a vote on that, and if majority likes the new rule you can hold another vote and inject it into current competitions if that is what majority wants. We don't mind. Or you can fast-forward it and use almighty CD power to change the course of universe, we don't mind about that as well.

i absolutely agree with you.
CC4 has already started, unlike CL5 which you are dropping out from...

just to be clear. i dont think you should be penalized for dropping out. this is a game, and we should treated that way. so if you, or anyone else isnt satisfied with it anymore, you shouldnt be obligate to play it. simple as that.
Brigadier freakns

Postby Arama86n on Wed May 29, 2013 1:38 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:Wouldn't it just be more sensible not having so many clan comps starting at around the same time in April/ May and spread them out a bit more? September would make more sense to start one or more with a built in Xmas break and don't have any likely to last more than 9 months so that there is little pressure in the summer months.

There is no problem with summer months, other 34/35 clans will normally play their competitions they signed for even during the summer. But there is one special clan that rather withdraw than playing when they cannot put 100 percent of their abilities so they can manage to stay on top.

Knights of the Round Table: 37 players
The Odd Fellows Union: 21 players.

Need I say more? Well I'm sure that won't be the last post from Josko on the subject, so I'm sure I do need to say more, but I won't. Because I hope, and beleive, that most of you out there... well, nevermind. Life is too short.
Major Arama86n

Postby Qwert on Wed May 29, 2013 4:21 pm

i read all this post, and i dont understand what are wrong with some people.
Tofu make decision, and i respect this decision, and this its problem of tofu, not all other clans. If this happens in middle of QG, then i will make same treatment like for QG2 and QG4, but this happens, when all teams are finish almost all games in group,and when all was decided. Situation are not same , and can not be same.

I don't have power, or right to force anyone to participate, if they can not play. And punishing someone for future tournaments,its not mine responsibility, this its on CD .

I think that we can move forward,and stop to attack TOfu,, OK.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby IcePack on Wed May 29, 2013 4:22 pm

qwert wrote:i read all this post, and i dont understand what are wrong with some people.
Tofu make decision, and i respect this decision, and this its problem of tofu, not all other clans. If this happens in middle of QG, then i will make same treatment like for QG2 and QG4, but this happens, when all teams are finish almost all games in group,and when all was decided. Situation are not same , and can not be same.

I don't have power, or right to force anyone to participate, if they can not play. And punishing someone for future tournaments,its not mine responsibility, this its on CD .

Why isn't GR being pushed to the PL, since they were #3 in the QG1?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Qwert on Wed May 29, 2013 4:35 pm

IcePack wrote:
qwert wrote:i read all this post, and i dont understand what are wrong with some people.

who say that Gr are on 3rd position? I make mine decision, but if CD make another decision , then ok. But if we are going to move teams from Second to Premier, then if we start to move from Third to second,, when will be end?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby chapcrap on Wed May 29, 2013 4:58 pm

qwert wrote:
IcePack wrote:

who say that Gr are on 3rd position? I make mine decision, but if CD make another decision , then ok. But if we are going to move teams from Second to Premier, then if we start to move from Third to second,, when will be end?

I think that would probably be the end of it... Unless there is a brand new fourth league!!?!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Wed May 29, 2013 5:47 pm

qwert wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Yeah, you move one from 2nd to PL. One from 3rd to 2nd. Thats the end. Pretty simple, since we haven't started. they competed to get into the PL. TOFU dropped out. They are listed as #3 in your own tables, so unless you haven't updated QG1, then YOU said they are 3rd position by your own table. If thats not accurate, i suggest updating your tables. Doesn't matter who it is, GR or LEG or whoever is 3rd in QG1. They should be the ones bumped up to PL.

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Qwert on Wed May 29, 2013 5:58 pm

IcePack wrote:
qwert wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Yeah, you move one from 2nd to PL. One from 3rd to 2nd. Thats the end. Pretty simple, since we haven't started. they competed to get into the PL. TOFU dropped out. They are listed as #3 in your own tables, so unless you haven't updated QG1, then YOU said they are 3rd position by your own table. If thats not accurate, i suggest updating your tables. Doesn't matter who it is, GR or LEG or whoever is 3rd in QG1. They should be the ones bumped up to PL.

IcePack

Maybe its easy for you to make that, but not all groups are finished.
Groups are enough clear that with 100% can say who are going to Premier league, who are going to Second League and Third.
Situation in some groups between 3rd and 4th are not clear, but consider that bouth teams from each group go into Second league, then its not relevant.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby IcePack on Wed May 29, 2013 6:07 pm

qwert wrote:
IcePack wrote:
qwert wrote:
IcePack wrote:

IcePack

Groups are enough clear that with 100% can say who are going to Premier league, who are going to Second League and Third.
Situation in some groups between 3rd and 4th are not clear, but consider that bouth teams from each group go into Second league, then its not relevant.

So PL will be one short because your not willing to wait and find out who the #3 will be?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Qwert on Wed May 29, 2013 6:17 pm

IcePack wrote:
qwert wrote:
IcePack wrote:
qwert wrote:
IcePack wrote:

IcePack

So PL will be one short because your not willing to wait and find out who the #3 will be?

I dont see problem with this, you want that Second be shorted for one team. Or you want to move one team from third to be filled second, , then third will be shorted for one team.
Conider that 10 june are reserved for Random league, then all 3 leagues will be delayed,and start will be 16 june.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby josko.ri on Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm

Arama86n wrote:
josko.ri wrote:

Knights of the Round Table: 37 players
The Odd Fellows Union: 21 players.

Need I say more? Well I'm sure that won't be the last post from Josko on the subject, so I'm sure I do need to say more, but I won't. Because I hope, and beleive, that most of you out there... well, nevermind. Life is too short.

I can also recruit 10 the best CC players Into clan (minimUm requirements to play in ccup an CL) and beat everyone by 40-20 margin. And then, when one of those 10 players decides to take a break, decide to drop out because I have no enough players. Does that make me top clan? Why should I recuruit 11th or 12th or more players, my clan quality will then be decreased because I already have 10 players that are top players so any new one can only reduce average strength of my clan. In essencse, this is what TOFU did, collected some the best players around (someone said there were like 15 active players) and won the one title and now when part od those 15 are going on break it is better to withdraw than to recruit some newcomers who can potentially decrease quality of your play. In organized clans who does not have ultimate goal to win competitions at any cost, it is the most normal thing to recruit new players, especially when game load is high. But TOFU rather be on top only when their top players are active and in full strength, than do what all other clans are doing, which is playing normally even when roster is not the strongest and/or recruit new players which is risk of decreasing overall quality of play. But we in KORT do not care for that risk, we welcome new players in our group even of they are starters in team gaming, but we are sure that clan is goong into right direction instead of making small group with ultimate goal win at all cost and after winning we can disappear.
Major josko.ri

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges