Conquer Club

[NC4] Newcomers Cup 4 [LHDD Wins] [MVP arno30]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [NC4] Newcomers Cup 4 - Round 1

Postby Gunn217 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:26 am

shane,
Although my clan didn't enter this cup I appreciate what you've done. Don't let the infantile bitching and moaning of a few idiots get you down.
Major Gunn217

Postby Genoke on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:44 pm

@ Mcshane,
thank you for making a decision. I know running a tourney certainly doesn't goes smooth all the time. Every now and then something happens, you didn't calculated in the rules (yet).
I've read the rules of this tourney before we entered and yeah, i didn't thought of this kind of problem either. First time i get in touch with it. Must be the unexperience of being a clan leader for only 5 months.
Normally i'm easy going, but 12-14 days is way over the line (my opinion). If we didn't act, what could be next...we have to hold the borders to keep all the tourney's as straight as we can, so no more surprises.

I very appreciate the work you're doing and i hope you keep running tourney's like this. Makes more fun for the clan world! =D> =D>

@Violet,
Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but sometimes a clan is in a position, where things doesn't work out the way you like it. These are the situations to look deeper and try to prevent from happening again.
I'll suggest to keep at least 1 sitter in your clan for every clan member, so if someone is on vacation or something bad would happen in real life, things still can go on at this site and in games.
I understand your situation and i feel sorry for your clan, but i do hope you understand our/the situation on the other side too.
If we don't keep our line on the borders, in a short time they will expand those borders, where you can't see them anymore. (don't know if that's good english though)
Maybe next time when an opposing clan doesn't like a map, they'll ask to change it? We have to drawn a line somewhere...

Let's hope this issue doesn't infect the further going of our clan war.
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby VioIet on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 pm

Genoke wrote:
@Violet,
Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but sometimes a clan is in a position, where things doesn't work out the way you like it. These are the situations to look deeper and try to prevent from happening again.
I'll suggest to keep at least 1 sitter in your clan for every clan member, so if someone is on vacation or something bad would happen in real life, things still can go on at this site and in games.
I understand your situation and i feel sorry for your clan, but i do hope you understand our/the situation on the other side too.
If we don't keep our line on the borders, in a short time they will expand those borders, where you can't see them anymore. (don't know if that's good english though)
Maybe next time when an opposing clan doesn't like a map, they'll ask to change it? We have to drawn a line somewhere...

We do have a sitter for every member. The problem wasn't that we were without a sitter. It's that I can't actually send my player the invite without him physically being there. That's against the rules. Had he left just one day later, I could've sent him the invite, and the sitters could've covered for him before he left. But he actually has to be the one to accept the clan invite. Of course I could have someone "pretend" to be him and accept it. No one would even know if I had done that. But I didn't want to do that. I actually do try to follow the rules.

I didn't find out he was leaving until I was actually in the middle of sending the invites, so I planned everything with him being there. With 11 active members, it's kinda hard to change things around, but I will do my best.

Also while I understand your concern about boundaries, I don't see how that thoroughly applies in this case. The unfilled games expire after 14 days, no matter what. Of course a clan can't change an opposing clan's home map. That's in the rules. This was not about trying to push the rules and stretch boundaries, but all because my player was not available. It's as simple as that.

Genoke wrote:Let's hope this issue doesn't infect the further going of our clan war.

It probably will, just for the fact that some of you guys jumped to assumptions and accused me of cheap tactics and things like that.
I no longer think highly of Atlantis as some of the tone of the dialogue was a bit unnecessary, imo. Don't expect RA to really be very chatty in this thread for the duration of this war.

Also, Genoke, you didn't seem to mind the slower games when we played against TLW. But now that we play against ATL, you suddenly mind. Remember this post from the NC4 thread:

Genoke wrote:
VioIet wrote:Only Atlantis will be delayed, but they don't mind.

agreed!
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby Conde180711 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:04 pm

all because my player was not available. It's as simple as that.

surely it should be as simple as that then, your player is not available? ;)
Major Conde180711

Postby chemefreak on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:48 pm

I think everyone has lost sight of what the NCCup is all about. It was tournament for new and lower ranked clans to cut their teeth. There are no strict guidelines built into the rules because there is supposed to be a lot of flexibility for these types of clans. It is a relaxed event. Now, there is an opportunity for two more experienced clans to negotiate rules that apply to their challenge only. If they fail to do so, they only have themselves to blame.

The treatment of the TO by members of Atlantis has been disgraceful. I was disgusted by some of the private messages and posts I have seen from certain players. The TO in this competition has been doing a great job. He has selflessly volunteered his time to make this competition happen. TOs should, AT ALL TIMES, be treated with respect and appreciated for their contributions to this site and to the clan community.

Thank you MC for contributing your time and efforts to this site and to clans.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Genoke on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:42 pm

VioIet wrote:Also, Genoke, you didn't seem to mind the slower games when we played against TLW. But now that we play against ATL, you suddenly mind. Remember this post from the NC4 thread:

Genoke wrote:
VioIet wrote:Only Atlantis will be delayed, but they don't mind.

agreed!

That sentence counted for the start of the war, not for waiting for weeks to join the games. Don't take it out the context please!
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby VioIet on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:59 am

Genoke wrote:That sentence counted for the start of the war, not for waiting for weeks to join the games. Don't take it out the context please!

In that case you weren't aware of what you were agreeing to. The war was already half-way over when you wrote that post on June 18. I can't find it right now, but I also remember saying something to the effect of "don't worry, take your time," when I said, "maybe we should speed this up a little." I think it may have been pm, but I'm not sure. It was awhile ago. I assumed the reason was because you were playing Fallen and FISO at the time, but I can't really make that assumption.

The start was delayed as both Theldin and I had some confusion about the privileges and how to go about that. MC helped us sort that out. But we also agreed to be flexible with the invites, often taking up to 12-13 days. I guess you didn't realize that. Once the games were joined and played- it progressed quickly.

I agree with chemefreak and Mc that both RA and Atlantis should've discussed preferred deadlines for sending out the invites. I've found their posts about this particular matter to be very reasonable.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby HardAttack on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:00 am

bogangod, enough!!!
i m truely pissed now :x
please stop sending disgusting private messages and posts, ok ?

:lol: :lol:
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:33 am

i agree with violet here...

genoke, please be careful with what you wish for...
ohh, sorry, wrong start :lol: :lol:

genoke, please be careful with what you speak of, ok ?
remember, 43 months before, we were in nemesis, remember, we were having clan challenge against L4D (left4dead)...
i asked you how much time i had to join in your team, you told me to take my time...that day now, whenever i have a game to play with you, i am taking my time...

saying again, be careful with what you wish for...geeez...be careful with what you speak of...cos once you tell ppl to take time, all will take their times to the end and not only valid for the moment you spoke, but sure it is valid forever...

well spoken violet, =D> =D>

:lol:
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby QuikSilver on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Peace guys.

Enjoy the great tournament!
LHDD: New Comers 4, CL6 - Second division & Random Cup winners!
Major QuikSilver

Postby BoganGod on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:36 am

HardAttack wrote:bogangod, enough!!!
i m truely pissed now :x
please stop sending disgusting private messages and posts, ok ?

:lol: :lol:

I am truly sorry that I have sent you links to dating websites that feature human females. A grave mistake on my part. I promise it will not happen again. Did you know that dogs yawn out of sympathy just like people do? Little fun trivia fact for readers.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby QuikSilver on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:30 pm

LHDD beats TFFS in round 2, going in semi finals against HH.
Major QuikSilver

Postby Genoke on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:09 pm

What happens when a clan has a member who play's more games in 1 war then stated in the rules (15 games)?
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby kuma32478 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Genoke wrote:What happens when a clan has a member who play's more games in 1 war then stated in the rules (15 games)?

They are castrated
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby mcshanester29 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Genoke wrote:What happens when a clan has a member who play's more games in 1 war then stated in the rules (15 games)?

I would say a few options would be:

1. Play it and if the offending clan wins do a game remake, if the other clan wins just count it.
2. Just remake the game without that player.
3. Just play it as is.
Private mcshanester29

Postby mcshanester29 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:40 pm

ATL had voted for option 1:

The last game that was initialized with Vioiet is Game 13111373 so that one will be the one that needs to be replayed. The game will need to be remade and another player will need to partner up with asbks.
Private mcshanester29

Postby mcshanester29 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Scores updated
Private mcshanester29

Re: [NC4] Newcomers Cup 4

Postby mcshanester29 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Scores updated again...looks like we should know who else will be advancing to the semifinals shortly!!
Private mcshanester29

Postby Genoke on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:56 am

mcshanester29 wrote:Scores updated again...looks like we should know who else will be advancing to the semifinals shortly!!

Will be a very close outcome if you ask me...we've got a slight lead, but RA's second batch is killing us...
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby VioIet on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Genoke wrote:
mcshanester29 wrote:Scores updated again...looks like we should know who else will be advancing to the semifinals shortly!!

Will be a very close outcome if you ask me...we've got a slight lead, but RA's second batch is killing us...

I don't know if this is just an interesting coincidence or what. But in all of the wars that RA has played in this year, I noticed that we always seem to be a second round (set 2/batch 2) team.

In the ACC cup- the Pigs lead by 9 points after the first round and then we tied things up in the second round.
Against DB- they led by three games halfway, and then we won by over 10 games.
I think we had a tie with TLW, but again won in second half.
The Pigs led by 4 games, and then we ended up winning by 5 games I think.
ATL had a 3-4 game lead over us from the First Batch. We've caught up.

Like wise, even though we are trailing against ATL in CC4 cup, I expect that we should catch up after Batch 2 and Batch 3.

I am not sure why it works out that way, especially as the maps are switched up. So it's not like we are always using the same maps for the first or anything like that. It just seems that we are always behind or at best- at a tie with our opponents after the first batch, then turn it out in the second batch. Maybe we just need time to get warmed up or so- not sure. Also, I think it has a lot to do with player vacations at the beginning of a war.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby QuikSilver on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:51 am

The first finalist is now knowed. LHDD takes a spot in the final!
Major QuikSilver

Postby Genoke on Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:03 pm

Last active war game is almost finished Game 13053173

ATL is heading to the semi finals where AQoH is waiting for us!
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges