Conquer Club

[NC4 Final] LHDD VS ATL [22-19] - Final 3/5

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [NC4 Final] LHDD VS ATL [4-1] 0f 41

Postby BoganGod on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:35 am

General_Tao wrote:Image

Bogan and GF hanging out in the outback -no toothpaste necessary- :D

As you can see from the picture, I've just told my precious angel some of the more common french uses for duck fat.
Corporal BoganGod

Re: [NC4 Final] LHDD VS ATL [3-1] 0f 41

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:19 am

General_Tao wrote:Good one Gustav! That would be you in Asterix: ;)

Hah, yes!

When I was very little we read Babar and the Smurfs. At a slightly older age I read all the Asterix comics, les aventures de Tintin, and even Spirou and Marsupilami which weren't as well-known. And Gaston too.

There really is a great output of comics from France and Belgium. Not just for kids, many for youths also. You see people reading manga and watching anime today, and it's a pity they don't know about these comics, which are very well-made. Let me see; there is one French comic about a travelling Viking, in a future world where technology is long gone. Annoying that I can't remember the name right now. Also one about a woman who travels around by ship in an archipelago on a fantasy world.

There are also a whole lot of sexy comics from France, some downright erotic, like Lilith, Satan's little girl who is helping daddy invade the world, while spreading goodwill toward men (and women) on the side. Opposed by a battle priest from the Vatican's armed forces. Luckily the whole series can be downloaded as torrents. Very good for learning French.

[quote}so pretty young clan...[/quote]

That sounds downright dirty. So pretty, young little thing...!
General Gustaf Wasa

Re: [NC4 Final] LHDD VS ATL [6-2] 0f 41

Postby Donelladan on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:41 am

A travelling Viking ? That's sound like Thorgal to me. BUt this isn't in a future world but in our at the Viking's time. Except that the heroe, Thorgal, come from an advanced human civilization from another planet. Is it the one you were thinking of?

Because I don't know any other comics with a Vikins that seems to match your description.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Donelladan wrote:A travelling Viking ? That's sound like Thorgal to me. BUt this isn't in a future world but in our at the Viking's time. Except that the heroe, Thorgal, come from an advanced human civilization from another planet. Is it the one you were thinking of?

Because I don't know any other comics with a Vikins that seems to match your description.

That's the one! I read one of the books in French and skimmed through the part where technology shows up; I remember Thorgal was digging up a raygun from the dirt to shoot an enemy with. Didn't know he came from space. Thanks for the name, now I can look for it in torrents.

Speaking of French/Belgian comics, who can forget Epoxy, with drawings by Paul Cuvelier and others.... Those scientific-minded Gauls, always willing to increase the world's knowledge of the human physique.

But seriously, it is a pity the adult comics from France are not more known, because there really are very many of them.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby djelebert on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:49 am

Hi gustaf, if you searcher for French comics, you can MP me what kind of story you prefer, i will hive you some you will like!

Let's have a great battle!
Lieutenant djelebert

Re: [NC4 Final] LHDD VS ATL [6-3] 0f 41

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:48 am

Most of those comics are from belgium though (and hopefully all good guys, wallons!)
Hugs and kisses to our wallon brothers living under flemish opression!

Major betiko

Re: [NC4 Final] LHDD VS ATL [6-3] 0f 41

Postby Genoke on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:02 pm

betiko wrote:Most of those comics are from belgium though (and hopefully all good guys, wallons!)
Hugs and kisses to our wallon brothers living under flemish opression!

I'm proud to be flemish! :D

damn, you've got your gold bot medal....i'm still working on my bronze one.... just past half achievement... :?
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Re: [NC4 Final] LHDD VS ATL [7-5] 0f 41

Postby arno30 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:48 am

exciting war, i like it !
Major arno30

Postby Genoke on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:15 pm

2 games finished for the good guys! :D

Game 13890905
Game 13819143
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby QuikSilver on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Genoke wrote:2 games finished for the good guys! :D

Game 13890905
Game 13819143

You don't need! I'm a fast updater for both side ;)

but feel free to post your game here lol
LHDD: New Comers 4, CL6 - Second division & Random Cup winners!
Major QuikSilver

Re: [NC4 Final] LHDD VS ATL [7-8] 0f 41

Postby General_Tao on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:36 pm

We're going to win 1st Nations and both Rail Europes from the first set, so that's at least 10 of the first 20.
Brigadier General_Tao

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:03 pm

General_Tao wrote:We're going to win 1st Nations and both Rail Europes from the first set, so that's at least 10 of the first 20.

Let me see. We're going to win at least Eurasia and Oasis.... I think I can see 5-5 certain games right now. But that is a modest estimate. I believe I can see some of the other games going our way too; we have only lost the Atlantis map once in this tournament for example, and that was after very good dice on the other side (Risk Attackers). Just slicing through...hate it when that happens. But LHDD must not be underestimated either. Can you name any maps that you always or nearly always win in this tournament? Not asking for strategy, just fun to see what things look like from the other side.
General Gustaf Wasa

Re: [NC4 Final] LHDD VS ATL [8-10] 0f 41

Postby Donelladan on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:32 pm

On the first set it's already decided almost everywhere. Both rail europe should go our side, and the first nation america.
The Eurasia is probably yours, King's Court II is a not so definitive yet but you have the advantage.
But well, so probably 10/10 first set !

On the 2nd set I think we got AOR II and New World, for our other homes games it's too early.
For your homes games, Atlantis and Oasis looks bad, Das Schloss and Forbidden city seems our way. Not definitive for any of them yet, but looks a 2/2. And for the quads it's too early.

So, seems 15 for us 14 to you, and many undecided game ! ( even the 15/14 isn't definitive yet )
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby arno30 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:
General_Tao wrote:We're going to win 1st Nations and both Rail Europes from the first set, so that's at least 10 of the first 20.

Let me see. We're going to win at least Eurasia and Oasis.... I think I can see 5-5 certain games right now. But that is a modest estimate. I believe I can see some of the other games going our way too; we have only lost the Atlantis map once in this tournament for example, and that was after very good dice on the other side (Risk Attackers). Just slicing through...hate it when that happens. But LHDD must not be underestimated either. Can you name any maps that you always or nearly always win in this tournament? Not asking for strategy, just fun to see what things look like from the other side.

i'd say rail europe, first nation americas, New world. then (depending on the settings ?) AoR II, king's court, monster.
as for the atlantis map, we used to be good but decided to gift this one to you, you deserve it. does that help to do your betting ?
Major arno30

Postby Donelladan on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:06 pm

lol, i completely answered wrong, I thought you were asking what map we gonna win in this war ! I am too much tired.
Arno30 is right on the maps we almost always win, especially rail europe and monster (trench) we never lost on those 2 maps so far.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Donelladan wrote:lol, i completely answered wrong, I thought you were asking what map we gonna win in this war ! I am too much tired.
Arno30 is right on the maps we almost always win, especially rail europe and monster (trench) we never lost on those 2 maps so far.

Interesting: yes, Rail Europe and Monster look horrible. I guess they take some practice. Wish they weren't fog so we could follow the strategy.

I think there is too much fog overall. I guess it feels like the more difficult and therefore more adult choice. But it's equally tough for both sides, so it can be removed so people can watch. A lot of the fun is in watching the games unfold, especially undecided nailbiters. (Our last, decisive game against Risk Attackers was in the huge World War II Europe map, and we had several people watching. Boy, that took a while to finish.) A tournament with no fog at all would be nice some day.

In answer to earlier posts: yes, Eurasia will go to us. Our opponents are good, but we have the upper hand. It just takes a long time to complete it when you don't have any bonus regions served to you. All the regions have been very mixed. One of the few non-fog maps, isn't that nice, for everyone's entertainment? Oasis we never lose. I always hope we get some high-ranking opponents on that map so we get a high score, heh. Berlin 1964 - we lost it once in either NCC4 or CC4, don't remember which, but it was because of a time-out on a decisive turn. That was too bad. You could win it this time though, we'll see. I've actually never liked that map, because it looks boring; we just keep playing it because it works well.

I guess we have more. Some maps have been removed along the way. This has been a loong tournament....
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby General_Tao on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:09 pm

Gustav, there are some maps where removing fog doesn't take away too much from the strategy, usually big maps, like Eurasia or first Nations in quad, and there are others where the fog adds a huge element of strategy and makes for a more dynamic game, like Stalingrad or Draknor. Part of the strategy in those maps is to take out enemy "radar" to keep them blind and be able to launch ambush attacks.

Yes as Arno pointed out, our strong suits are Rail Europe (100% success rate over the last year), Stalingrad dubs and trips, First Nations quad, at least those are the maps I always play with LHDD. We have our good share of losses too. Part of the reason is that we're maybe more of a social clan than a hardcore competitive one, with players of many levels.

That's great to hear that franco-belgian "BDs" are well-liked in many corners of Europe! One of the great things about living in Montreal is that you get the best of both worlds, you have great French literature in its many shapes and also get Anglo-American culture. Besides the timeless classics we all know, there is a lot of quality more recent grown-up graphic novels on both sides of the Pond, one of the best publishers of English language comics (as well as a number of French Canadian ones) is called Drawn and Quarterly, located here in Montreal. They've published a number of fairly well-known comics like Daniel Clowes' Ghost World, which was made into a movie a while back (pretty much launched Scarlett Johanson's career)

Brigadier General_Tao

Re: [NC4 Final] LHDD VS ATL [14-11] 0f 41

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:53 pm

Oasis Game 13890911 Atlantis

...As always. The only time I've lost that map is the first time I played it. [/bragging]

Looks like the remaining games will be 10-6 in Atlantean favor, yes? The finished games so far are in favor of the hussards! ...but remember:

ATLANTEANS do it in waves

Here comes the tidal wave! Surfing or snorkling, your choice. (Jock or nerd? Well, we're competing in Risk online, so that answers that question.)

Atlantean submarine division. Turtle
sold separately.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby Momo33 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:22 pm

For my part... it will be 20-19 LHDD with England and NYC to be decided. ATL needs to win both to win this one!
Click image to enlarge.
Major Momo33

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:23 pm

Momo33 wrote:For my part... it will be 20-19 LHDD with England and NYC to be decided. ATL needs to win both to win this one!

Well, the Atlanteans have 24 regions in Britain, the Hussards have 16. And while the French did take England in 1066, those Normands were Viking descendants, and we have more Vikings in Atlantis. (How can you argue with that logic? You can't.)

Hm, New York. I guess we'll have to see. QuikSilver just now reached eighteen regions, giving the Hussards one army more per round than the Atlanteans, but he'll have to keep all those 1s untouched. And the Hussard team does lack one player.

I shall not jinx it, though. I watched Oliver & Company as a kid, so I know how mean the streets of New York can be. As our Queen Victorious could no doubt tell us, you gotta have street savoir faire.

Learn about the mean streets of New
York on four legs or less
General Gustaf Wasa

Re: [NC4 Final] LHDD VS ATL [15-12] 0f 41

Postby Donelladan on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:38 am

Well, we have a secret weapon concerning NYC.
One of our players is a real New-Yorker, born and raised in NY.
So we can't lose that one :D

Sorry to destroy all your hope. :twisted:
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby QuikSilver on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:Looks like the remaining games will be 10-6 in Atlantean favor, yes? The finished games so far are in favor of the hussards!
Atlantean submarine division. Turtle
sold separately.

I think you miscount something lol
LHDD: New Comers 4, CL6 - Second division & Random Cup winners!
Major QuikSilver

Re: [NC4 Final] LHDD VS ATL [18-13] 0f 41

Postby Armandolas on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:11 pm

Looks like 22-19 to LHDD
Colonel Armandolas

Re: [NC4 Final] LHDD VS ATL [18-13] 0f 41

Postby General_Tao on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 pm

21-20 maybe, if you guys win on England. NYC is ours. Great war guys, it came down to the wire! Good effort on both sides.

=D>
Last edited by General_Tao on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier General_Tao

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges