Conquer Club

BpB -v- TNC (16-29) - Final 5/16

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BpB -v- TNC (begins 6th Feb 2014)

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:48 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:BPB also joined the game long after TNC had already joined. Not sure why a snap was not taken upon joining. That would have avoided the issue as well.

And yet there is a rule that's been violated. Go figure, right? Seems that such a rule is unnecessary if everyone could just take a snap when joining.

Just out of curiousity, when I violate the rule in one of these games, what will be the punishment? Frankly, watching any soccer game might be punishment enough.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Re: BpB -v- TNC

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Re: BpB -v- TNC

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:39 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:Rules of Engagement:
- Fog Courtesy is in effect, the rule does not apply to conquest maps or where the starting team just deploys/forts without attacks. In the event that it is broken, team that has broken the rule must reveal the move

So the punishment for violating the fog rule is to reveal the move

So I wouldn't have to watch soccer? Phew.

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:45 pm

I played before they looked without thinking. I have lots of games going so normally just get them done. We posted what I did so what is the problem?
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Fruitcake on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:09 pm

I think this cup is staggering. I want one too.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby TheMissionary on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Fruitcake wrote:Image

I think this cup is staggering. I want one too.

Some day, young grasshopper, some day!

BpB by 4.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:21 pm

dazza2008 wrote:I played before they looked without thinking. I have lots of games going so normally just get them done. We posted what I did so what is the problem?

Great question! According to clan war rules, by playing before they looked you violated the fog rule, the punishment for which appears to be having to declare the move you made publicly. Additionally, we've found out in this thread that it is incumbent (or should be incumbent) upon team two to "snap" the map when the players join to avoid the type of situation that the rule looks to avoid. I admittedly do not know what that situation is, but it is undoubtedly some type of unfairness.

In sum, like much in life, for example anti-drug laws and laws against armed robbery, no one knows why we have the rules and what the problem is when we violate them.

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:35 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
dazza2008 wrote:I played before they looked without thinking. I have lots of games going so normally just get them done. We posted what I did so what is the problem?

Great question! According to clan war rules, by playing before they looked you violated the fog rule, the punishment for which appears to be having to declare the move you made publicly. Additionally, we've found out in this thread that it is incumbent (or should be incumbent) upon team two to "snap" the map when the players join to avoid the type of situation that the rule looks to avoid. I admittedly do not know what that situation is, but it is undoubtedly some type of unfairness.

In sum, like much in life, for example anti-drug laws and laws against armed robbery, no one knows why we have the rules and what the problem is when we violate them.

Yes but we posted the moves I made. I don't get why it is still being discussed.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:09 pm

dazza2008 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Yes but we posted the moves I made. I don't get why it is still being discussed.

I don't disagree. But I'm questioning why we have this rule in the first place and the effectiveness of the punishment given that it apparently does not deter folks (much like drug users and armed robbers aren't deterred by laws). I'm clearly no expert.

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:16 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
dazza2008 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

I don't disagree. But I'm questioning why we have this rule in the first place and the effectiveness of the punishment given that it apparently does not deter folks (much like drug users and armed robbers aren't deterred by laws). I'm clearly no expert.

:roll:
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Conde180711 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:41 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Sorry BPB about that Fog Violation. That is out of character, and that is why we put it in the Game Label for an extra reminder.

We revealed the move as quickly as we possibly could, but not before the damage was done.

RET did this in our active war against them so we know how it feels. Hopefully it was not too detrimental to that particular game.

Let me know when you are able to make your home maps so we can get the rest of the first round underway!

which game out of interest because RET would not do this without revealing the exact move and anything previously visible, did you mean this one? http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=13902905
Major Conde180711

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:02 pm

dazza2008 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
dazza2008 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

:roll:

Good, I'm glad you also agree that this is an unnecessary rule.

Postby Vace Cooper on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Are we all suppose to be posting our moves? I wish I could just see whats going on.
owen is a sexy mother f***er
Sergeant 1st Class Vace Cooper

Postby owenshooter on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:01 pm

dazza2008 wrote:Yes but we posted the moves I made. I don't get why it is still being discussed.

it is still being discussed being Fog is not supposed to be used in clan wars. that is why it is being discussed and it is why you should forfeit accordingly or team CC should award us the victory for the violation... the black jesus has spoken from up on his mountain top...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby squishyg on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:27 am

dazza2008 wrote:I don't SEE why it is still being discussed.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:42 am

owenshooter wrote:
dazza2008 wrote:Yes but we posted the moves I made. I don't get why it is still being discussed.

it is still being discussed being Fog is not supposed to be used in clan wars. that is why it is being discussed and it is why you should forfeit accordingly or team CC should award us the victory for the violation... the black jesus has spoken from up on his mountain top...-el Jesus negro

Calm down Gary.

Also:
squishyg wrote:
dazza2008 wrote:I don't SEE why it is still being discussed.

Yes! Bravo. =D>
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby cooldeals on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:27 pm

owenshooter do you happen to be related to eddie2?
Colonel cooldeals

Postby cooldeals on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Fruitcake wrote:I think this cup is staggering. I want one too.

It's your lucky day!

I do believe you deserve one for your exemplary sportsmanship and good humor. That didn't all fit on the little word box so this will have to do.
Colonel cooldeals

Postby betiko on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:18 pm

wow, BPB still exists?? that's big news.
Major betiko

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:45 pm

That is shiny
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:13 pm

Where are BPB's Home games?

Postby betiko on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:18 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Where are BPB's Home games?

and how did you transform in a japanese toddler stuckinamaki?
Major betiko

Postby Fruitcake on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:12 am

What do you mean?

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby MoB Deadly on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:16 pm

You need to make 3 Quads, 3 Trips, 3 Doubles, and 2 Poly For BPBs first Set.

Then in like 2 weeks, you need to make your second set, and TNC will wrap up with their second set

Postby Keefie on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Fruitcake wrote:

What do you mean?

TNC have created their first set of games for this war. They are waiting for BpB to do the same.

You guys have been out of things for a while so if you need any assistance please don't hesitate to contact myself or any of the other CD's.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges