Conquer Club

[CC5] ACE vs. Fallen (30-31) 07/01 FINAL

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who will win?

ACE by 1-9
43%
ACE by 10-19
11%
ACE by 20+
6%
Fall by 1-9
41%
Fall by 10-19
No votes
Fall by 20+
No votes

Total votes : 54

Re: [CC5] ACE vs. Fallen (24-25)

Postby PaRKoN on Mon May 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Well done FALL, I am exhausted after this war, all things could went wrong went, indeed, wrong. We will be waiting for our revenge, that is for sure.
Brigadier PaRKoN

Postby betiko on Mon May 11, 2015 2:51 pm

wow! Ice, I think your predicted june 1st ranking is going to happen!! :D
you're doing your part of the job, looks like we'll be doing ours for our target end score!

anyways, games can flip, let's seen what happens!

so basically... ace's best shot is to flip conquer rome and win dark continent?
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Wed May 13, 2015 1:04 am

betiko wrote:wow! Ice, I think your predicted june 1st ranking is going to happen!! :D
you're doing your part of the job, looks like we'll be doing ours for our target end score!

Yeah they should get dark continent, and would have to win Dark Continent where we have a solid lead.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Wed May 13, 2015 7:14 am

IcePack wrote:
betiko wrote:wow! Ice, I think your predicted june 1st ranking is going to happen!! :D

Yeah they should get dark continent, and would have to win Dark Continent where we have a solid lead.

you mean conquer rome I guess. Well an offset can happen, but the lead seems quite solid indeed.
ACE is really having some tough results to deal with since last year, damn. Always so close and losing by 1... Hang in there guys, these kind of results only make you more likeable!
There was this famous french cyclist in the 60s called Poulidor, he would always finish close second in every Tour de France by the split of a hair and became highly popular as everyone wanted to see if the next year he could finally win. It's now a common expression in france for a team/sportsguy... to be a Poulidor!
Major betiko

Re: [CC5] ACE vs. Fallen (26-28)

Postby General_Tao on Wed May 13, 2015 8:59 am

For Americans here, Poulidor = Buffalo Bills, or for everyone else, maybe Holland in FIFA, 3 world cup finals and 0 wins.

Looking forward to the semis against Fallen *stretches wrist and clicking fingers* ;)
Brigadier General_Tao

Postby rockfist on Wed May 13, 2015 9:34 am

betiko wrote:
IcePack wrote:

you mean conquer rome I guess. Well an offset can happen, but the lead seems quite solid indeed.
ACE is really having some tough results to deal with since last year, damn. Always so close and losing by 1... Hang in there guys, these kind of results only make you more likeable!
There was this famous french cyclist in the 60s called Poulidor, he would always finish close second in every Tour de France by the split of a hair and became highly popular as everyone wanted to see if the next year he could finally win. It's now a common expression in france for a team/sportsguy... to be a Poulidor!

Poulidor was the French version of Nigel Mansell (a nearly man) until he had the all conquering FW-14. How's that for an (not elsewhere) obscure reference from an American?
Brigadier rockfist

Postby betiko on Wed May 13, 2015 10:08 am

rockfist wrote:
betiko wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Poulidor was the French version of Nigel Mansell (a nearly man) until he had the all conquering FW-14. How's that for an (not elsewhere) obscure reference from an American?

haha, not bad at all, mostly if you knew the name of the williams car from the year he won without even using google I'm absolutely impressed :lol: (I'm not even sure... 93 prost 94 mansell? the year Senna died?).
Well I hope for ACE they will be more Mansells rather than Poulidors... Although I think ACE are more about tennis references!
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Wed May 13, 2015 10:23 am

So you're saying they are the Mark Martins of nascar? :p

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Wed May 13, 2015 11:27 am

1992 was Mansell, the FW14 was the active suspension car they developed in 1991 (which had shit reliability to start the year, which is why Senna won four on the trot) and perfected into 1992. 1993 was Prost with the FW14-B spec car. 1994 they banned active suspension, which was why the car was so twitchy to start that horrible (to many F-1 fans) year. Never understood why people don't rate Damon Hill as a driver. Wasn't the best ever, but his input sorted out that 1994 car into a damn fine car later in the year.

Yeah its all off the top of my head. I could get you more detail if I looked it up, but almost no one would ever care. Did I mention I like racing a little?
Brigadier rockfist

Postby betiko on Wed May 13, 2015 11:38 am

rockfist wrote:1992 was Mansell, the FW14 was the active suspension car they developed in 1991 (which had shit reliability to start the year, which is why Senna won four on the trot) and perfected into 1992. 1993 was Prost with the FW14-B spec car. 1994 they banned active suspension, which was why the car was so twitchy to start that horrible (to many F-1 fans) year. Never understood why people don't rate Damon Hill as a driver. Wasn't the best ever, but his input sorted out that 1994 car into a damn fine car later in the year.

Yeah its all off the top of my head. I could get you more detail if I looked it up, but almost no one would ever care. Did I mention I like racing a little?

yeah had a doubt regarding Mansell if it was 92 or 94, i was certain Prost's 4th championship was 93; I remembered when Mansell started driving a Mclaren with a huge spoiler on the chimney in like 95 :lol:
Yeah those williams from the early 90s were the shit, but those cars could almost drive on their own with the amount of electronics they had. I really didn't like that team at the time and wasn't even happy to see Prost win on those cheated cars. I'm happy to see them competitive again these last 2 years though.

sorry to derail the thread..... :?

PS: ice I have absolutely no clue about nascar! :lol:
Major betiko

Re: [CC5] ACE vs. Fallen (27-28)

Postby Endgame422 on Thu May 14, 2015 12:33 pm

Had to look it up but ivan lendl is probably the best tennis reference.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Lendl
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby IcePack on Thu May 14, 2015 1:39 pm

Mark Martin finished 2nd in overall points 5 times over 30 +/- years - but never first.
He also had multiple 2nd and 3rd place finishes for Daytona 500 (mascara biggest race) and never won. But was always a strong competitor, a fan favorite, and dubbed "mr consistency" and ironman
. Did well even late into his career with several chances but never got it.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Thu May 14, 2015 5:07 pm

1998 was Martin's best season and his results that year would've been enough to secure the championship in almost every other year in the history of NASCAR, but Gordon was frickin insane that year beat Martin by a country mile.

I remember a stretch of four races where Martin finished in places 1,2,2,2 (out of 43 competitors) that year and due to bonus points gained no ground in the first race on Gordon and lost ground in the subsequent 3 as Gordon finished 2,1,1,1...if that gives you some idea of how unlucky he was to have that be his best year.

I like many forms of racing :)
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Fri May 15, 2015 8:12 am

Going back to the war what I find interesting is the third round results!
ACE home set results looks like it was falls home games, and FALLs home set looks like ACE games lol
We both did well away and crappy @ home

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CC5] ACE vs. Fallen (28-29)

Postby IcePack on Fri May 22, 2015 10:48 am

DS quads has now FALLEN! 30-28

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CC5] ACE vs. Fallen (28-30)

Postby GoranZ on Sun May 24, 2015 8:12 am

PaRKoN wrote:Well done FALL, I am exhausted after this war, all things could went wrong went, indeed, wrong. We will be waiting for our revenge, that is for sure.

Ty we were working very hard for this war, and we never ease the pressure we put on you guys ;)

IcePack wrote:Going back to the war what I find interesting is the third round results!
ACE home set results looks like it was falls home games, and FALLs home set looks like ACE games lol
We both did well away and crappy @ home

And some lessons were learned from out crappy performance @ home :)

iAmCaffeine wrote:ACE by 10-19, though on the lower side of that margin.

=D> Can you predict our future wars for us?
It help us a lot :)
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Re: [CC5] ACE vs. Fallen (29-30)

Postby IcePack on Sun May 31, 2015 1:51 pm

That makes #31, it's official. Thanks for the Great War ACE! Awesome guys and a great pleasure to war against. Hypo it was fun stalking the chats with you :) hope we meet again soon

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Denise on Sun May 31, 2015 2:00 pm

Congrats, Fallen! =D>
Colonel Denise

Postby Armandolas on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:30 am

Wow. I'm a bit surprised.
Congratz to Fallen for a Huge win.
This must have been a great war
Colonel Armandolas

Re: [CC5] ACE vs. Fallen (29-31)

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Just think about how awesome Fallen would have done if I would have played!!

ACE has Fallen!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby rockfist on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:37 am

When do the Semi's start? It has to be pretty soon its been 15 days since the clincher in the quarters.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:50 am

rockfist wrote:When do the Semi's start? It has to be pretty soon its been 15 days since the clincher in the quarters.

FALL vs LHDD was supposed to start today, but it seems there's some issues in creating the thread and asking for privs.
Working on it / thru it now

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:40 am

Well, good luck to all involved in that!

It should be a good match, I'll look in periodically, but I'm somewhat preoccupied with other matters right now.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:47 am

FINAL 07/01
31-30 FALL-ACE

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:14 pm

ouch ACE you are so close...recharge the batteries and give it a good go in CL7 and CC6...you are bound to break through always being close...just hopefully not in us. ;)
Brigadier rockfist

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges