Conquer Club

[CL7] 2nd Division (1: TOP - MVPs: Dkmaster, FreeFalling123)

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CL7] Second Division (R11 Start: March 20)

Postby PaulatPeace on Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:22 am

waauw wrote:I hate luck settings. Even when going up against stronger opponents. It's boring and frustrating. I still remember koganosi and me getting pissed over being placed in a flat rate Castle Lands game against ATN. I hope the same won't happen this weekend. We're facing TOP 8-[

The Omega Pantheon feels much the same. I do not resent any clan employing any legitimate strategy which increases their chances of success, ... however, rest assured TOP prefers maps and settings which rely upon skill rather than chance! We will leave the "chance" maps and settings to those who need them.

Paul
Field Marshal PaulatPeace

Postby benga on Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:44 am

PaulatPeace wrote:
waauw wrote:I hate luck settings. Even when going up against stronger opponents. It's boring and frustrating. I still remember koganosi and me getting pissed over being placed in a flat rate Castle Lands game against ATN. I hope the same won't happen this weekend. We're facing TOP 8-[

The Omega Pantheon feels much the same. I do not resent any clan employing any legitimate strategy which increases their chances of success, ... however, rest assured TOP prefers maps and settings which rely upon skill rather than chance! We will leave the "chance" maps and settings to those who need them.

Paul

you 2 realize this is a dice game, right?
Sergeant benga

Postby uckuki on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:27 am

Colonel uckuki

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:20 am

benga wrote:
PaulatPeace wrote:

Paul

you 2 realize this is a dice game, right?

Get out of here with your Premier League logic!
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: [CL7] Second Division (Round 5 started Dec 6)

Postby Lindax on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:14 pm

Results and standings (R1 to R9) are updated on the first page:

Results

Standings

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby IcePack on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:57 am

Mod Edit / Deleted.

Followed up with personal pm, appeal and situation under review.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:54 pm

Greetings,
Firstly my apologies to everyone who is participating in Second Division who had nothing to do with the disruptions. You are the ones who are really losing out over the continued problems.

Several actions have been made in order to return this contest to a fun event for all.
Those involved have also received warnings for conduct.

The thread will now be unlocked. This will be the last warning to anyone who chooses to post that they will be expected to be on topic, and heed the warnings that have been issued. Continued disruption of the event by any party will not be taken lightly, and can lead to further punishments. (This both goes for the individual parties and the clans as a whole).

Thank you for your patience and cooperation in keeping this event enjoyable for ALL clans involved.
IcePack & the Clan Department

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby shoop76 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:15 pm

I think this brings more questions than answers.

Are all these forfeits free wins for the opposing clans? If so these forfeits could lead to clans promoting over clans that have actually earned their wins. How will this affect the f400?

Why are the punishments so vague and do the CD's have so much leeway in what punishments are given? Why not have set punishments so everyone knows where they stand?

Why so much secrecy? Right now from a person that does not have all the facts it seems that similar cases are handled in different ways.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:39 pm

shoop76 wrote:I think this brings more questions than answers.

Are all these forfeits free wins for the opposing clans? If so these forfeits could lead to clans promoting over clans that have actually earned their wins. How will this affect the f400?

Why are the punishments so vague and do the CD's have so much leeway in what punishments are given? Why not have set punishments so everyone knows where they stand?

Why so much secrecy? Right now from a person that does not have all the facts it seems that similar cases are handled in different ways.

Shoop,
Forfeits do count against the clans. To date (near the end of the SD) I believe there's only been issued 6 forfeits between 4 clans. We try to do what we can to minimize these forfeits using reminders, warnings etc per our policy and guidelines.
F400 generally does not include forfeits as wins, so if it went 10-6 and 1 was a forfeit it would be entered as 9-6 (or whatever the actual games played score was, as long as over 12 games are played). This has how it's always been handled at F400, has been discussed in the past both in regards to league and F400. Not something new to clan area (although might be new to some people who haven't been involved or around that long, granted).

I'm not sure what you mean by vague or so much leeway. The punishments are all handled by Lindax and are handled in similar fashion and made public using the infractions spoiler in the OP. Everyone should know where they stand, if you don't Lindax can be contacted regarding any concerns.

Again, there really isn't any "secrecy", if you are late you are subject to punishments. Due date is Sunday / Tuesday. Deadline before punishment is Thursday for home games. Communication with TO's are key, if you are having issues with something it's encouraged that you reach out and contact TO's if you think you might be late. If clans don't say anything, extensions haven't been given and punishments are issued based on warnings / reminders etc that had already been issued.

Any clan is able to appeal a ruling by Lindax via PM to myself if there are extenuating circumstances that lead to the deadline being missed. This is all not a secret, and is in the event OP.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:27 am

which is more appropriate?

Major betiko

Postby waauw on Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:56 pm

rockfist wrote:I've really only watched young ages and women's football, but don't they tend to try to play a "ball control" game and rougher game also?

My daughter seems to get knocked into a lot and elbowed in football (soccer) because she is very fast and a good tackler and passer. She actually gets roughed up more than their striker.

Totally depends on the team manager. But yeah, highly technical players and/or very fast sprinters are often stopped with aggressive moves. The types of players like your daughter are often very good at 1v1 situations, and thus require either a team effort to stop 'm or an aggressive play. In youth leagues aggressive plays are often the most obvious choice, since you can't expect them to be very good at formation positioning. Youngsters are usually not mature enough for that(the younger, or the lower the youth league the less team tactics and more physical football).
Lieutenant waauw

Postby IcePack on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:01 pm

I know TOP & ATN are widely viewed as the top 2 contenders.

Anyone have a pulse on who might be 3rd and 4th for when promotion to Premier Division happens?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby waauw on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:06 pm

IcePack wrote:I know TOP & ATN are widely viewed as the top 2 contenders.

Anyone have a pulse on who might be 3rd and 4th for when promotion to Premier Division happens?

Well, seems more and more obvious PACK will be 3rd and justly so; they play very well. 4th place on the other hand seems wide open. My guess is either ID or AFOS.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Keefie on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:42 am

waauw wrote:
IcePack wrote:I know TOP & ATN are widely viewed as the top 2 contenders.

Well, seems more and more obvious PACK will be 3rd and justly so; they play very well. 4th place on the other hand seems wide open. My guess is either ID or AFOS.

I don't think ID can do it. To far behind and very inconsistent results. My monies on AFOS.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Re: [CL7] Second Division (R12 Start: April 3)

Postby rockfist on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:32 am

Without looking at the standings or results so far I would say that AFOS could benefit from another year in the second division. Fallen, S&M, LHDD, OSA, and FOED are all teams they would struggle against IMO. AFOS will know where they are against us, no opinion needed. But if we don't bring our best game against the list above, we struggle.

Maybe whoever that 4th team is will struggle.

It seems like four is a large number to promote/relegate. Maybe 2-3 should be the number in the future?
Brigadier rockfist

Postby waauw on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:39 am

rockfist wrote:Without looking at the standings or results so far I would say that AFOS could benefit from another year in the second division. Fallen, S&M, LHDD, OSA, and FOED are all teams they would struggle against IMO. AFOS will know where they are against us, no opinion needed. But if we don't bring our best game against the list above, we struggle.

It seems like four is a large number to promote/relegate. Maybe 2-3 should be the number in the future?

I agree. Any 4th team will be too weak for premier division.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Donelladan on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:52 am

waauw wrote:
rockfist wrote:Without looking at the standings or results so far I would say that AFOS could benefit from another year in the second division. Fallen, S&M, LHDD, OSA, and FOED are all teams they would struggle against IMO. AFOS will know where they are against us, no opinion needed. But if we don't bring our best game against the list above, we struggle.

I agree. Any 4th team will be too weak for premier division.

I think your reasoning is wrong.
You can't say a clan from the 2nd league can't go 1st league because he would be unable to beat the top clans of the 1st league. You should rather compare AFOS with clans ranked in the 2nd half of the 1st league. There I think they could compete.
TOP/ATN/PACK are in 2nd league this year but they are really 1st league level. The only reason they played the 2nd league is because they didn't participate last year.
I think, there is clans that could remain for a long time in the 1st league, clan that could promote/relegate every year, and some clans that will probably stay in 2nd league.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:55 am

I agree, top 4 SD should be compared against the bottom 4 premier.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:02 pm

Who are the bottom four in Premier?

What I notice about what I thought were the easier teams was not that they couldn't go 4-4 or 5-3 with luck, on their home maps, but that they really had a hard time on their away maps (and we didn't send over our very best away maps against them either). Also things snowball much faster for weaker teams than they do for better teams.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Donelladan on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:12 pm

The four bottom are TNC, OLE, MMM and GON.

And I am not sure I can agree with your observation. For example we will lose our home game against GON, and we didn't send easy map.
But LHDD results in the CL are almost always better in the away games than in the home games so maybe it's just our clan that is a bit weird.

I noticed ACE is actually ranked 8 ( so 5th from the bottom) in the premier league. Which means to me the level is indeed pretty high in 1st league, if we replace our 4 bottom by TOP/PACK/ATN/AFOS, you are probably right that AFOS gonna have a bit of a hard time ( no offence to AFOS; it's only considering last results of the clan world ).

Back to 2nd league, couldn't SOH be ranked 4th on the final scoreboard ? Didn't look at their current game but last upate in the 1st post show them in a good position, amazing that such a small clan ( so few players I mean) is able to achieve nice results like that.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Keefie on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Next seasons PL is going to be a cracker. TOP, PACK and ATN can all mix it with the big boys, especially over a short format. Yep, it's going to be fun to watch.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rockfist on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Well they can't all be strong maps for you. Even the maps we send that aren't our very strongest we are above average on, you must have some like that in 11 matches. Unless you've repeated maps too much...
Brigadier rockfist

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges