Conquer Club

I'd like to join a clan

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

I'd like to join a clan

Postby Gillipig on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Ok, so I think I'll try clan life! But I noticed that there are quite a lot of clans :) ! Does anyone have advice on what clan I should apply to?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Re: I'd like to join a clan

Postby jpcloet on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:39 pm

If you like pigs, then try this one.....

viewtopic.php?f=440&t=135089
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Gillipig on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:53 pm

jpcloet wrote:If you like pigs, then try this one.....

:lol: Yeah that would suit me fine I guess! Except for that their entire goal is to consume more alcohol than their opponents and I happend to be a teetotaler :D !
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Leehar on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Gillipig wrote:

:lol: Yeah that would suit me fine I guess! Except for that their entire goal is to consume more alcohol than their opponents and I happend to be a teetotaler :D !

Well then, wait a coupla days and I'm sure you'll have invites flying into your inbox after posting here ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Gillipig on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Leehar wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Well then, wait a coupla days and I'm sure you'll have invites flying into your inbox after posting here ;)

:) I think I'll have to put down a little more work into it than that but I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good clan that's all!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:25 pm

*cough* viewtopic.php?f=440&t=134316 *cough*

I'm not sayin', I'm jus' sayin'.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Chuuuuck on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:52 pm

I recommend taking a little time to look through the ladders, competitions, etc. and pick a clan that will match how competitive you are and how much time you are willing to put into this site. The clans higher up in the rankings are not going to approach you from this thread, they typically look for guys who take initiative and approach them showing interest and they also typically look for more competitive players who usually put in a little more time into playing. They may tell you that you don't have enough team experience but some of the better ones are still willing to play games with you and possibly even willing to teach you a thing or two if they see potential. Typically with a thread like this, you are going to get people recommending clans at the very bottom. That may be something you desire to join, but if not, you may have to put in a little leg work.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby jefjef on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:57 pm

You will also find clans like people that take their turns. You need to get that % way up.

Attendance: 94% of turns taken = A bunch of missed turns.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Gillipig on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:00 pm

You mean like the post above yours :) ? I would never join a clan that contains aradhus!!!! I have my dignity you know ;) !!! Thanks for the advice btw! I've looked around a little bit and contacted a clan leader so I'm just waiting for him to reply back!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gillipig on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:02 pm

jefjef wrote:You will also find clans like people that take their turns. You need to get that % way up.

Attendance: 94% of turns taken = A bunch of missed turns.

I missed to take a single turn in 50 1vs1 games a long time ago #-o . I went from captain to cook in a week!!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Gillipig wrote:You mean like the post above yours :) ? I would never join a clan that contains aradhus!!!! I have my dignity you know ;) !!! Thanks for the advice btw! I've looked around a little bit and contacted a clan leader so I'm just waiting for him to reply back!

Oh come on, he doesn't smell that bad (granted, I wear nose plugs when I'm around him).
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Electricksabers on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:22 pm

I've played a couple games with you and you are definitely a solid player. You are a little light in team game experience, but you should have now problem getting into a mid level and down clan. Getting into a top 15 clan will be a little tough till you turns taken % goes back up and you get a lot of team game experience.

Gl in your search
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers

Postby Gillipig on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:49 am

shaneback wrote:I've played a couple games with you and you are definitely a solid player. You are a little light in team game experience, but you should have now problem getting into a mid level and down clan. Getting into a top 15 clan will be a little tough till you turns taken % goes back up and you get a lot of team game experience.

Gl in your search

I'd like to think I'm a solid player too :) ! Thanks for the advice I'll be playing some more team games and see what clan I can get into!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Gillipig wrote:
shaneback wrote:I've played a couple games with you and you are definitely a solid player. You are a little light in team game experience, but you should have now problem getting into a mid level and down clan. Getting into a top 15 clan will be a little tough till you turns taken % goes back up and you get a lot of team game experience.

Gl in your search

I'd like to think I'm a solid player too :) ! Thanks for the advice I'll be playing some more team games and see what clan I can get into!

Yes, you need team experience. Those are practically the only wars that people are in ;)

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Commander9 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Gl in your search

Got to agree with this post - with a rank of a major, you would be taken into most of the lower level clans without any questions asked. Most likely, you'd get into most of the mid level clans, but if you'd want to get into a top clan, you definitely need to improve your resume.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Return to Clan Archives