Conquer Club

The Spirit of Conquer Club [Happy Holidays!]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The Spirit of Conquer Club [Happy Holidays!]

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:25 am

Greetings & Happy Holidays from the Clan Dept Staff!

We know everyone here loves Conquer Club. One of the most enjoyable aspects of this for many of us are playing side by side with our fellow clan mates! Enjoying the competitive nature draws like minded people together to march side by side into battle.

Often times, a simple game draws these people together and over time, friendships form. Even in an online world, I know I personally have gotten to know many people on this site, even meeting some in person and experiencing some amazing moments! Many hours have been spent together talking about life, loves, real life events, interests. Its these moments and memories that we share that make clan friendships special, some have been funny, touching, sorrowful, hopeful, and joyous. We have celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, wins, losses, births, weddings...I'm sure I am not alone in how amazing our fellow clan mates can be.

The Clan Department would like to highlight this phenomenon, this camaraderie. Perhaps someone this year has done something for you (or someone else you know!), maybe they have gone above and beyond expectation, maybe helped you personally in or outside of the game, supported you through some life event, etc.

Please submit by way of posting here someone (not yourself) who is especially deserving of some recognition as we complete 2015. Please provide the username, a paragraph or two of why this person is deserving of a little something special.
Thanks,
IcePack & the Clan Department

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: The Spirit of Conquer Club

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:59 am

Ronaldinho - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=216002&start=25

He has given how many people premium membership just from this thread alone?
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Re: The Spirit of Conquer Club [Due Jan 30th]

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:42 pm

Thanks! Also I forgot to mention all entries must be submitted by Dec 30th for consideration.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:02 pm

IcePack wrote:Thanks! Also I forgot to mention all entries must be submitted by Dec 30th for consideration.

Well I will be one of many who votes for Ronaldinho.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Ronaldinho - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=216002&start=25

Don't forget Williams5232 who began that thread and also bought a substantial number of memberships there.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:19 am

What about fellow clan members doing anything for their clan mates or friends?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:Ronaldinho - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=216002&start=25

Don't forget Williams5232 who began that thread and also bought a substantial number of memberships there.

I'd like to go further and make this a formal nomination: Williams5232

Originator of the free membership thread. We do not know how many people participated in the buying of the memberships. Certainly Ronaldhino was prominent among them, and there were at least a couple others who have chosen to remain anonymous. I think above all, Williams deserves recognition as the one who got the ball rolling. The same week that he did that, he also began his return to the tournament world, posting 3 new tournaments to try to get some action happening there. A year ago Williams was among the site's harshest critics, so much so that I had to Foe him. A year later, he's back amongst the community, starting tournaments, playing games, buying prem for people. Definitely a Christmas miracle there!

:D

IcePack wrote:What about fellow clan members doing anything for their clan mates or friends?

Yeah, I'm really surprised not to have seen more traffic in this thread by now. Maybe with more free time between Christmas and New Years people will start posting here.
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:05 pm

600 views and only 2 nominations? Nobody has clan mates who have helped them in 2015? I find that hard to believe....

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Lindax on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:23 pm

IcePack wrote:600 views and only 2 nominations? Nobody has clan mates who have helped them in 2015? I find that hard to believe....

Sorry, I don't have clan mates. Can I nominate the Clan Tournament Director instead? :mrgreen:

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Silly Knig-it on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:25 am

I know this doesn't really help but I can't pick an individual. So I nominate my social group "Friends of Elvis" and I would like to extend that to so many more throughout CC who were so very supportive, (as much as words can be, but they helped), on getting me through the death of my wife on Dec 6th. Thank you all, so very much.

I know it doesn't help your nomination process, but it does fit the spirit of what you are asking.

Thank you all,

Silly Knig-it
Lieutenant Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby benga on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:13 am

I'd like to nominate owen for his contributions all over the site
Sergeant benga

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:39 am

I'd like to nominate Koganosi.

Koga is a VDLL veteran and has been hosting every clanmeeting I've attended, and I'm fairly sure this has always been the case (except the times we'd grab a quick drink somewhere). In addition to just hosting, he's also made provided places to sleep for those who wanted to or came from afar and has been the keeper of our laminated BeNeLux map.

Almost a year ago another veteran in the VDLL, JBlombier got married. Koga and JB go a long way back, to I guess college, maybe high school. He was invited as a friend but also sent out a PM to every member of the VDLL if they had anything to say to JB. He wrote a beautiful card and also allowed us to give a small wedding gift to JB through him.
Last edited by Extreme Ways on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Re: The Spirit of Conquer Club [Due Dec 30th]

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:22 am

Very nice :) thank you! Keep it coming & share with your friends today

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:37 am

IcePack wrote:Very nice :) thank you! Keep it coming & share with your friends today

I forgot some words though :D
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:57 pm

Well in keeping with the Spirit of Conquer Club I'll share a personal story (this wasn't 2015 so it doesn't count) but to me symbolisizes some of the great things Clans represent beyond the actual game. This below was partly the reason / idea behind this holiday giveaway, just to both acknowledge and treat some people over the holidays who have gone above and beyond this year who we'd like to take a minute and thank.

A few of you might know or maybe heard bits and pieces of the story from the F400 thread, but back in 2012 shortly after my wife and I were married, she went in for some corrective brain surgery. It held its own risks but it was important she have that and it took months of ICU, hospitalization, therapy etc and all the while the Fallen were extremely supportive of me. She had to learn to walk, talk, read & write all over again, and had forgotten / had memory loss to the point she forgot who I was, and that she was married. In all honesty some of the players here are what kept me going during the most difficult days, skyping with me, encouraging us and helping cover both my games and the clan leadership duties at the time.

Here is a short local news clip of what happened, and how they as a clan stepped up and blessed my / our lives beyond our expectations. He did forget a few names in the list, there were others who joined to support and all Fallen at the time were a huge blessing to me.

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video ... D=23906173

Earlier this year there was another instance in which one of our members father had health problems and we gathered together to do something very similar for their family. But the above was my personal experience with how my clan life has truly been an amazing experience that has developed into friendships even outside of the game (and since then have now met some of them in person as well).

So thanks to my amazing Fallen teammates & friends :)
IcePack / Jason

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby elonpuckhog on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:45 pm

I'm not in a clan, but I would like to thank stealth99. During 2015, he helped cover games while I was sick, and kept up good communication with me and encouraging me. He filled in some tournies where I needed help. I appreciate all the things he did for me during the year.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:24 pm

Thanks elon :) Still taking submissions and recognitions for those who are interested or want to acknowledge someone for something they've done.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: The Spirit of Conquer Club [Due TODAY]

Postby Swifte on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:12 pm

Was dreading a 2.5 day 8 hour each way road-trip with our 1.5 year old son and my pregnant wife to make it to a wedding this Fall. We were off to her cousins' place, don't really know anyone else down in that area, but I did know of one person that lived somewhere around the halfway mark... and that was BGtheBrain! They were kind enough to take us in for the afternoon through the evening the first day of our drive. Our little guy was SO much better off for having a place to stop and get to stretch his legs that evening, to get to play with a whole room full of strange new toys and climb up and down the stairs and drive little cars everywhere. And really my wife and I were better off for the chance to hang out with them, eat a yummy home cooked meal, and relax for a while. It was greatly appreciated, and I hope we can return the favor some day!

Epi gets nothing cause he was too busy off celebrating an 'anniversary' or something to come see us ;)
Colonel Swifte

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:14 am

How did it go from being due January 30th to being "due TODAY"? Today is December, not January, 30th.
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:58 am

Dukasaur wrote:How did it go from being due January 30th to being "due TODAY"? Today is December, not January, 30th.

Jan 30th was an error it was supposed to be Dec 30th. A little appreciation contest for during the holidays / holiday spirit.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:10 am

IcePack wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:How did it go from being due January 30th to being "due TODAY"? Today is December, not January, 30th.

Jan 30th was an error it was supposed to be Dec 30th. A little appreciation contest for during the holidays / holiday spirit.

Oh well. I really like the idea behind this thread, but it's tough to get attention for anything online during the holidays when people are really busy in R/L.

A January deadline might have worked better, though I understand your reasoning.
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:20 am

Yeah understandable, maybe next time :)
I'll let it go as late as I'm physically able before the new year

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:14 pm

Special thanks to everyone for nominating those who took time to go above and beyond this year and help build our community. I hope everyone's holidays are great and have a wonderful 2016!

Special thank you gifts have been sent out!

IcePack & the Clan Dept

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: The Spirit of Conquer Club [Happy Holidays!]

Postby BurakTaskin on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:13 am

well i special thanks to all of peoples who celebrate this all and the conquer club is nice community for use..

Dubai Holidays 2016
New Recruit BurakTaskin

Return to Clan Archives