Conquer Club

Deleting Posts & Threads

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Deleting Posts & Threads

Postby PaulatPeace on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:27 am

I am curious how everyone else feels about the deletion of complete posts and even entire threads.

I may be mistaken, but it seems a recent Entire Thread has been erased! I did look in the Archives and did not find it there. It is the thread which I began which I believe I titled "IcePack's Message to PaulatPeace & Reply" or something like that. The first post was:

PaulatPeace

Sent: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:31 pm
To: PaulatPeace MagnusGreeol narutoserigala
Greetings,
After speaking with the Admin regarding the issues that have arisen over the past 6 months, and more recently the last couple of weeks they decided to make a very clear statement regarding their support both for the decision, and the team.

I am aware that you've seen that statement and responded to it Paul.

In addition to the previous discipline, these additional measures will be enacted effective immediately

1) PaulatPeace will have his priviledge ban expanded to a blanket 12 month priv ban for all wars / league, effective Sept 25th, 2016. The two ongoing wars have been removed, and the 2nd Contacts have received priv's for those wars (naru for RET war, Magnus for OSA war), under Admin approval. They have been CC'd here for purposes of notification, if these priv's should be assigned to someone else not under current discipline, please request a change of Priviledges here: viewtopic.php?f=441&t=133213&start=1550

2) PaulatPeace will have his CL7 medal removed per Clan Guidelines for forum / PM behavior. Any others from TOP who continue in forum will face similar consequences and lose their CL7 medal.

Notations will be made on the account for future disciplinary consideration if the continued disruption or attack on Clan Team does not stop effective immediately, per the Admin statement made in the forum. These will take place at the Admin (not Clan) level.

At this point, the Clan Team with Administrator support deems the matter closed.
After the 12 month priv ban is served, PaulatPeace will return to normal status assuming no further behavior issues / outbursts occur.

Thanks,
IcePack

and included a response from me to IcePack where I stated something to the effect that I did not wish to keep any current or past medals from this Clan Team under the current circumstances.

The post was simply the letter from IcePack to me and my short response. There was nothing incendiary or disruptive about it. There was no use of vulgarity or ugly remarks. It was simply a copy of IcePack's letter to me and my reply.

I have seen viscous, ugly posts filled with countless vulgarity and demeaning remarks allowed to remain uncensored. I have had a previous post of mine in the CL 7 removed by IcePack, for which he later apologized to me. I have had bigWham tell me
"I appreciate you do not agree with the decisions made. That is your right, and it is also your right to protest in public..."
So if this is the case...then what justifiable reason could there be for censuring my statements and opinions and removing them completely?

I don't know if anyone else has had this experience or not. I know others posted in the above mentioned thread and have had their comments removed also. Please forgive me, but this type of censorship is reminiscent of communist regimes and totalitarian governments. We obviously all do not agree with each other here...but if we wish to speak our minds .... even if it criticizes those in positions of power...do we not as bigWham has said "have a right to protest in public?

Is Freedom Of Speech, a basic right recognized by all Democratic Nations and Governments, not permitted here on CC?

Sincerely,

PaulatPeace
Field Marshal PaulatPeace

Re: Deleting Posts & Threads

Postby BIG_John on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:15 am

I find it funny how I was in the Army for 8 years and got medically retired from the Army from injuries I got in Iraq fighting for our freedoms and play on here and Paul and some of the TOP members have had their freedom of Speech taken from them. You say it is disruptive but if you ignore it and don't was your time with it then it isn't disruptive. You proceed to make it a point to involve yourselves which takes away from your other duties so why not just ignore it and move on. Nobody is forcing you to read what Paul has to say or anybody else has to say. That is all on you to do so. I do not want to cause problems I want to be able to enjoy the clan wars in peace and have friendly banter but I will not stand for people calling my family names and not letting them speak their minds. I see the trolls in the forums always expressing themselves over stupid crap. Why can't Paul post something that he feels he was wronged and letting everyone know about it. Are you ashamed that the truth hurts? Anyways, I have said my peace and ready to just focus on the Clan wars we are in and CL8! If I have pissed anyone off I am sorry but if it happened to your clan how would your react to it? That is all!

Sincerely,

BIG_John
Colonel BIG_John

Postby MagnusGreeol on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:41 am

- I've been here long enough, I've seen topics and posts where people bash Big Wham, and the thread remained? I've seen people express their feelings on how this site is run and not only question the big man's motives, but actually interrogate him. Also seen people bash KA in C&A about verdicts made on offenders and it is completely ignored, But it seems we (in TOP) say anything and it's an all out " What!!They what!!! Where!!!! For the love of God no!!!! Delete the truth fast!!!!!

- This thread will also probably be deleted, And I will say this, I've been a Superguide now for 2 years, If you look into the history of my Superguide wars, I've been most friendly and helpful and would go on to say I think I have the most return of New Recruits on this site than any other guide, I've even gifted about 7-10 NR premium membership for 1-3 months when they did exceptional,, Seems I try very hard to help this site thrive and go above and beyond regular call of duty ( As do a lot but not all Superguides).

- Being one of the volunteers that try and help this site thrive,, And working for a 2% return is not the easiest thing to put up with, But I do it, And I've stuck to it even though all this bullshit was laid upon my fellow clan mates.

- Seems now people in power are getting their kicks, by abusing power.

- Go ahead now, lock down and drag out.

-\MGM/-♎
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Keefie on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:29 am

I made a mistake. There are two Clan Archive forums and I moved it to the wrong one. Next time will someone just send a pm rather than creating another overly dramatic thread.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:32 am

Keefie wrote:I made a mistake. There are two Clan Archive forums and I moved it to the wrong one. Next time will someone just send a pm rather than creating another overly dramatic thread.

- How about leave it where it was? There is a good contradicting message in it I'm sure wanted to be buried, that's why it was moved.
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby MagnusGreeol on Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:37 am

viewtopic.php?f=738&t=194055#p4246352

- I guess nothing has changed in 3 years, No matter how wrong a TO or CD is, they will always back each other. I guess if we love and want to play here we must follow the regime.
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Keefie on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:02 am

Believe whatever conspiracy theory you want to. I'm past caring.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby macken on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:47 am

Oh, please, still with this?
I have many important things in my life to do before join in this forum to see if there is something new about this pink sauce of childrens
Please leave now, delete all, remove medals, permits, colored stars, underpants, locked, panties, unlocked, whatever you want, but please enough!
I have more things to attend to in my life, I can not be coming here every day to see this important issue, please [-o<

Edited sorry for the nuisances ;)
Last edited by macken on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
General macken

Postby Keefie on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:17 am

macken wrote:Oh, please, still with this?
I have many important things in my life to do before join in this forum to see if there is something new about this pink sauce of childrens
Please leave now, delete all, remove medals, permits, colored stars, underpants, locked, panties, unlocked, whatever you want, but please enough!
I have more things to attend to in my life, I can not be coming here every day to see this, please [-o<

Excellent Machen I couldn't agree more. Maybe you could ask your clan mates to stop posting the stuff.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby PaulatPeace on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:49 am

Keefie wrote:I made a mistake. There are two Clan Archive forums and I moved it to the wrong one. Next time will someone just send a pm rather than creating another overly dramatic thread.

I can understand and forgive mistakes. We all make them. I am curious though Keith why it was moved at all at this point. In my experience threads are allowed to remain for quite a while before being moved to archives. This thread was relatively new. Why did you feel it appropriate to move it now?

Paul

Postby Great-Ollie on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:55 am

Keefie wrote:
I have more things to attend to in my life, I can not be coming here every day to see this, please [-o<

Excellent Machen I couldn't agree more. Maybe you could ask your clan mates to stop posting the stuff.

Keeife maybe if there was some way mods were held accountable for their actions all this banter could cease. Why do you guys continue to lock threads? Seriously we can just start another one. We all pay to be on this site as paying adults who love risk and the clan related activities. Why when there was a serious issue did you not find the higher ground and address it accordingly like a real leader would do? Instead you act like your above all the regular players and lock, threaten, take privs, medals etc away from anyone who may question your actions. We need people who can work with us, not try and treat us like children. You keep calling us trouble makers for simply trying to get your attention on the matter at hand. Maybe the whole clan department should look in the mirror and see this site is slowly dying and realize they may need to take a different approach on dealing with issues and people rather then just throwing their weight around. Then maybe, just maybe we can help build this site back up to the way it was. I realize there has been some things said that are unfair to the clan department, I get that. You are suppose to be the voice of reason though and have a calming effect, not go around and lock, ban, threaten your way to peace. Just some food for though.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby willedtowin1 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:56 am

Let it go Paul
If the thread is back.....just let it go

I want you focused in our WAR!
We also have you in round 3 for Clan League Bubba :-P
Bring it on!

Colonel willedtowin1

Postby PaulatPeace on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:26 am

willedtowin1 wrote:Let it go Paul
If the thread is back.....just let it go

I want you focused in our WAR!
We also have you in round 3 for Clan League Bubba :-P
Bring it on!

I am sorry you feel the need to keep saying this Wille. Perhaps you are the one who should let go of your negative rhetoric.

We are focused my friend....and you will find that out soon enough!

Paul

Postby willedtowin1 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:38 am

Ive mostly talked pretty darn positive Sir.
I myself need plenty of the CD's attention during these 2 upcoming Leagues.
Clan League
Random League

I rarely have time to banter here at CC most of the time except
before these 2 Leagues start. Its the heat of the Season for Clan games.
Ive tried to keep the Peace on both sides here for this reason.
We too at OSA want to be one of the TOP Clan Teams this year.
Maybe its selfish on my part....But all of this is going nowhere.

I spend to many hours this time of year Organizing, Researching, and
Communicating with my Teams and the other Clans before hand.

I hope you understand I am not taking sides.
Im also trying to bring humor to this situation Sir.............

And I was speaking of the Thread being back..... Why I said let it go
Its meaningless :-P

No more from me here.............my Friend
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby macken on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:59 am

Keefie wrote:
I have more things to attend to in my life, I can not be coming here every day to see this important issue, please [-o<

Ops, I made a mistake, I edited it. Sorry for the nuisances. ;)
General macken

Postby PaulatPeace on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:31 am

willedtowin1 wrote:Ive mostly talked pretty darn positive Sir.
I myself need plenty of the CD's attention during these 2 upcoming Leagues.
Clan League
Random League

I rarely have time to banter here at CC most of the time except
before these 2 Leagues start. Its the heat of the Season for Clan games.
Ive tried to keep the Peace on both sides here for this reason.
We too at OSA want to be one of the TOP Clan Teams this year.
Maybe its selfish on my part....But all of this is going nowhere.

I spend to many hours this time of year Organizing, Researching, and
Communicating with my Teams and the other Clans before hand.

I hope you understand I am not taking sides.
Im also trying to bring humor to this situation Sir.............

And I was speaking of the Thread being back..... Why I said let it go
Its meaningless :-P

No more from me here.............my Friend

I can respect that Wille!

Your initial comments when you first posted in the other thread were positive. Then after Dukasaur posted, your comments went downhill.

I appreciate this last comment you have made and it appears you are taking the high ground! Thank you!

Paul

Postby willedtowin1 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:32 am

Just to make some funny's here.......

3 Ducks....they have to go to Court.

1st duck stands before the judge and Judge asks..... whats your name and why are you here?
1st duck says ....My name is Quack and because I was caught blowing bubbles in the pond.
Judges says ..... OK 6 months in Jail.

Judge asks the 2nd duck the same.... What your name and why are you here?
2nd Duck says..... my name is Quack Quack.... and I was caught doing the same thing.

Judges says...... OK...same sentence as the 1st....6 months in Jail.

Judge asks the 3rd Duck..... Dont tell me you name is Quack Quack Quack?
3rd Duck says..... Naaaaaaaaaaaaa .......my name is Bubbles...........
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby Arama86n on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:51 am

:D

Your message contains 2 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 4.

EDIT: Wille, you owe my colleague some dry-cleaning money. I just calmly walked up to his desk and showed him my phone with your post out of the blue, unfortunate timing with coffee in his mouth :lol:
Major Arama86n

Return to Clan Archives